It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National service introduced in the house!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
thomas.loc.gov...:H.R.393:

The bill will require all persons in the United States between the ages of 18 and 42 to perform national service. Or in other words, the draft.

Iran is coming, Halliburton needs more cannon fodder to make profit... Who will come in Canada? I could house some people...

But it's from Rangel, so don't panic, yet.

Is there already a thread on that?

[edit on 30-1-2007 by Vitchilo]

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
yes, this is rangal attempting to make a political statement, which IMO should be used against him. I have no problems with National service as long as there are no exemptions for the sons and daughters of the congressmen.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
I have no problems with National service as long as there are no exemptions for the sons and daughters of the congressmen.

Can we make that instead "no exemptions for the children or family of any public servant, including those in the military?"

And hell, while we're at it, if any of those government officials themselves are 42 or less, they should be able to be drafted too. So if they vote for or plan a war, they may have to serve in it themselves.

And heck, just to sweeten the pot, let's raise that age limit to 72. Now we're cookin.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
A bill like this would meen more along the lines of:
If your poor, front line, if your rich, you do the "community service" thing and become mayor or governor. This bill would add far more loopholes so the rich and elite could slip out the door while everyone else dies in their name.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   
was this on the news, or do they try to pass this every so often, or what.

i wonder how much publicity this has got in the press.

has there ever been mandatory national service in the usa. all those mexicans coming into the country would shore boost your military

[edit on 2/1/2007 by andy1033]

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 12:29 AM
link   
They already have a loophole so they can get them, however this will make it worse, they will be able to net however many they want and whoever they want. As I said though they added special loopholes to allow the rich and elite to escape once again. Do you not LOVE it when they pass bills with flavorfull names and names that are almost a sentence long when you can sum it up in one word? (Extreme sarcasm note for those who do not know how to identify it)

top topics

join