It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My only sighting...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I was driving from Arizona to Mississippi, and was driving through the deserts of New Mexico at about 2 in the morning. My wife was riding in the passenger seat, and also saw what can only be described as a "UFO." Now, I don't mean aliens, although I also don't discredit the notion. I don't know what it was, and as such, couldn't say if it was some top secret military project, or an alien craft.

Anyway, the "encounter" was very text-book. The radio started issuing bursts of static, and out of the front driver's side window, we both see a silver-white flash in the sky, and something accelerate faster than any disclosed aircraft can accelerate. The object shot (to illustrate distance) across my field of vision, from the left drivers window, all the way to the right side of the front windshield. It was far enough away, and high enough up, that a 5-foot distance to me was, relatively, a jump of hundreds or thousands of miles, in just a second and a half of time!

It was like, flash-streak-stop-vanish.

The flash wasn't dim either, it was *very* bright, as was the following "streak." It definately wasn't a meteor, I've witnessed those several times and they have a very different look. This was parallel to the horizon.

Honestly, I lean closer to the undisclosed aircraft for this one, because if I had to guess at what it looked like, I'd say the equivilent of a controlled burn test on a propulsion system.

Anyway, that's the only time I've seen a "UFO." Anyone seen anything similar?

[edit on 30-1-2007 by BlaznRob]

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   

The object shot (to illustrate distance) across my field of vision, from the left drivers window, all the way to the right side of the front windshield. It was far enough away, and high enough up, that a 5-foot distance to me was, relatively, a jump of hundreds or thousands of miles

How could you tell how high up it was?

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I could tell that it was distant, and because of the terrain, I think that if it hadn't been at least at normal aircraft operating altitude, I probably would have lost it over the horizon.

You are correct though, I had no real way of determining it's altitude. I didn't mean to infer that it was so high that it was in the stratosphere or such, just that it was distant.

The best I can compare it to is looking up and seeing a normal aircraft. It was in about the same position in the sky that I would expect an aircraft to be.

join