It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Javascript Popups are not working for me.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
It's only been happening for 2 days, but Javascript pop up windows wont open ie, certain flash games and certain video's.

I thought I sorted it earlier when I was messing around blocking and unblocking popups, it worked once and now it wont again.
(Strangly enough the one time it worked was when I blocked popups)

I use IE6 and have active scripting enabled in the internet options in my toolbar.

They have always worked up till 2 days ago and i'm stumped.
Plz help
Thanks.

JbT

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Im having the same problems on my home CPU. I cannot watch "You Tube" videos (I can see anything else, just You Tube) and says I need to get the latest version of Flash Player or I dont have Java enabled, but I know I have it installed and enabled.

I asked the You Tube help desk if they had any reasons and they told me to do the same, enable the scripting and such. I have checked it and it was fine to begin with but still no access to these videos.

So basically for the last 3 weeks Im not able to watch You Tube videos that use Java Script.

I run IE7, different than you.

[edit on 30-1-2007 by JbT]

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I ahd that problem a while ago and I was given this link.

www.softwarepatch.com...

It worked for me so give it a try.
I can see youtube vids, what I can't see is Javascript PORTALS I think there called (maybe not but thats what I see at the bottom of the screen)...

[edit on 30-1-2007 by chris01621]

[edit on 30-1-2007 by chris01621]

JbT

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Thanks for that. Ill try it on my lunch break.

Sorry I cant help you though :bnghd:

JbT

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by chris01621
I ahd that problem a while ago and I was given this link.

www.softwarepatch.com...

If you have the problems I posted above with You Tube, the link provided worked for me too. Thankyou Chris.

Hope you find a fix soon.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   
This is really bugging me now.
Question:
For IE6, is the only way to turn on Javascript in internet options and enable Active scripting???

I haven't got the slightest clue why it turned off or somethings blocking it.

I can view videos from google and youtube, but any game or vid that runs in a _javascript window does not work, how can I make it work???

Plz Help!!!

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Don't know if it effected it but since I downloaded IE7, all Javascript popups now work

top topics

join