It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hérouxville welcomes you - leave your baggage at door

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   

"I asked myself, 'How is it that these people can ask for such things?' And the only possible answer is that these people do not know who we are," Mr. Drouin said.

Immigrants want to be part of Canada, Mr. Drouin said, and to do that they need to know what is acceptable and what isn't.

It's something the federal Immigration Department has failed to do, he said.

Mr. Drouin said the more accommodations made for minorities, the greater the divide. "One of these days you will have [many divided] groups in Canada and groups in Canada, or groups in any country, doesn't make a country."

I honestly think i would like to agree with this policy or what is now a law in there small town, i'm not prejudice but think we as Canadians need to have a majority Idealistic way of life, and immigrants need to accept and follow, our laws shouldn't waiver in the sense of accommodating a few swimmers a public pool per se. Good on them. there standing for something they as Quebec Canadians believe. Whats others thoughts on this Idea?

www.theglobeandmail.com... IMMIGRATE30/TPStory/National

[edit on 30-1-2007 by Dark_Raven]

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   

"Why are they picking on Islam and Muslims?" he asked, adding that he wonders why the Hérouxville council hasn't weighed in on society's ills in general.

This is another part of the story, makes me want to pull my hair out, It's not picking on anyone, it's call you are in our country and you should respect our law first and they don't, they come here with intents of changing the law to make them comfortable and us uncomfortable. That is unacceptable in my eyes.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Sorry, Is Not a law

Those are merely "lines of conduct" strongly encouraged

This said, I do agree with them however, they made an open message that they will welcome immigrants if they follow their rules

a nice reminder for immigrants I think

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
This is already being discussed here: www.abovepolitics.com...

Please add your comments to that thread.

Closed.

top topics

join