It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The reason they're here in a Word - NUCLEAR

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Do you guys think it might just be possible that they would rather not see another race of sentient beings eradiate themselves. If I was in there position then I wouldn't intervene until the very last minute possible. SInce it seems they dont like to intervene....well....intervene too much. They are simply watching incase we do something REALLLY stupid like shoot a nuke at Iran. THAT woudl be the time I would intervene if I was one of those Beings.

Just a thought. What ya think?

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Re the map:

Nuclear reactors are related to population density---more people need more power.

And sightings are related to population density---more people looking around.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alien_Gamer
THAT woudl be the time I would intervene if I was one of those Beings.
Just a thought. What ya think?

Well... if they intervene in our affairs, we will probably wish to intervene in theirs too. If they wish to erradicate our weapons of mass destruction, we may want to erradicate theirs too. If they wish to free us, we may end up liberating them too. It's just a matter of time before we really discover what is going on, who they are, and where do they come from

If they don't mantain a low profile, we may end up finding them, and then it's going to be payback time for the many nocturnal unwanted visits. At least, teach them a little bit of manners.

That may be the reason they are so secretive. Think about it. ;-)

[edit on 30-1-2007 by Celtibero]

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Someone up there ^^^^ said that if they had travelled light years to get here then surely they would have far superior weapons thatn our Nuclear arsenal.

What if we are not meant to have Nuclear at this stage? What if some part of our tech has skipped a few generations. I mean a Warhead is a devastating and awful thing but the mechanics behind it working are absolutely astounding. Maybe we shouldnt have this capability yet and maybe the Aliens are like

ALIEN 1 "Ya know that planet earth we were looking at"

ALIEN 2 "Yes"

ALIEN 1 "They have nuclear"

ALIEN 2 "How the bloody hell have they managed that they shouldnt have that yet its too early in the technological evolution thats supposed to be in another 100 years.

ALIEN 1 "Well they have it and they are using it as weapon aswell as a power source and they even power military vehicles with it"

ALIEN 2 "Damm we better get a crew down there and see whats going on"

Also on the post where as someone said a nuclear explosion could open another dimension and someone dissed it. Maybe its not the nuclear itself and instead the EMP thats affecting the dimension

£0.02p Just thoughts of mine!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Its possible, Alien Gamer, but unlikely. If they are here as observers, it is much more likely that they will not interfere under any circumstances. They've never interfered in past wars, never stopped us from dropping two nuclear weapons on Japan and never stopped the US and Soviets from testing a couple of thousand additional nuclear weapons.

No, they'd likely let it happen. And as harsh as it sounds, I would hope that they would not interfere. Where is the accountability if we know an alien species will bail us out if we screw up? There are some lessons a civilization needs to learn for themselves. We would survive and eventually recover.

And BTW, who is to say that they did not have a similar event in their own past?

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by squiz
The connection between the modern UFO explosion and the bomb isn't a new idea in fact it seems pretty obvious, but I do think it is overlooked.
We know of the connection at Roswell. We've heard the witness testimonies from millitary personel working near nukes and stories of missiles being deactivated. There's a mountain of information out there, true or not it seems point to this.
Why does the U.S have so many sightings? Is it because it has the most reactors and the most nuclear weapons. Look at the so called hot spots or where major sightings have taken place, most will fit the bill. I think you'd find that most sightings, I'm guessing 70% of the unexplainable ones will have a reactor, millitary base with nukes or testing ground or missile testing near by. Check the recent wave of sightings, Is there a reactor or base near? t. And what of the recent UFO reports from Iran is this a coincidence? Should we be taking notice of this?

This is a site map of the January sightings

Jan 2007 UFO sightings map

This is a world map locating nuclear reactors, by no means complete.

Nuclear Reactor Site Map

In Germany we also have reactors, but you'll never find something about ufos in our german media. Never ever happened or will happen

I've seen a few youtube videos that claim to be taken in germany. But to be honest...we don't have any real sightings (none of which i would know).

So i guess it's not all about reactors _and_ nukes...but it's all about nukes _only_

Everyone who has nukes gets sightings in some way.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I would suggest that a significant contribution to the birth of the modern UFO age was a large group of civilians in post-WWII U.S. who were trained ex-military or Civil Defense observers looking up in the sky for Russian bombers. Post-war paranoia combined with a large observer force combined to increase the awareness of what was already flying around in the sky. There wasn't necessarily an increase in the number of UFOs, just an increase in the number of people seeing and reporting them.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgainstSecrecy
So i guess it's not all about reactors _and_ nukes...but it's all about nukes _only_ Everyone who has nukes gets sightings in some way.

I'm not so sure about it. I'm also European, from Spain, and to be honest, the UFO's sightings here are almost non-existant. I do not even mention abductions, that seem to be an american phenomenom part hollywood/part business. The UFO craze all but died here in the '60s-'70s (that's not to say there are no cases, but they are very few).

In Spain there are several American bases were nuclear weapons are stored, at least during the Cold War, in addition to nuclear subs and aircraft carriers in Rota.

What is interesting is that everybody and his dogs have a mobile phone with camera/video recorder, and still, nobody has yet taken a decent picture.

In addition to that, the UFO subject is considered here only for people who has gone bananas. I've read many books about it, but I wouldn't dare talking about it with friends or collegues for the risk of being taken as a wacko.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Celtibero

I'm not so sure about it. I'm also European, from Spain, and to be honest, the UFO's sightings here are almost non-existant. I do not even mention abductions, that seem to be an american phenomenom part hollywood/part business. The UFO craze all but died here in the '60s-'70s (that's not to say there are no cases, but they are very few).

In Spain there are several American bases were nuclear weapons are stored, at least during the Cold War, in addition to nuclear subs and aircraft carriers in Rota.

What is interesting is that everybody and his dogs have a mobile phone with camera/video recorder, and still, nobody has yet taken a decent picture.

In addition to that, the UFO subject is considered here only for people who has gone bananas. I've read many books about it, but I wouldn't dare talking about it with friends or collegues for the risk of being taken as a wacko.

That fits very well to Germany. We have tornado jets that carry american nukes, sure. But perhabs ufos only show up in countries with _own_ nukes and own rocket silos?

No sightings here either and if you mention ufos or extraterrestial life you're a insane nut here in germany.

[edit on 30-1-2007 by AgainstSecrecy]

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   
before i forget it...

to all russian and france ATS members:

Do you know of any sightings? Would be intresting to know, because France and Russia have own nukes.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Well,stand back and take everything in first. It's known,ufo sightings have been around as long as man can remember,but like previous posters said,its socially acceptable so state seeing one now. Also,we were experimenting with making our own "flying saucers" in the 60's. The Avro car was flown,but was too unstable at the time. But with fly-by-wire now,anything is possible.

So another explanation for the increase in sightings in recent days could very well be because we/other nations have our own craft operating now. Besides,when viewed by the public it would be played as a ufo sighting.

Think about it. Harnessing the power of the atom is a milestone in the advancement of an intelligent species. Any aliens flyin around out there have obviously done this themselves. It would seem natural to come and observe us during our early stages of nuclear development. But i dont think they are going to prevent us from doing anything.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Hello all. I have my own personal belief as to why there is an increase of sighting. However, I dont think there is an increase in activaty.

I think more people are just looking to the sky in general. Most people have some sort of camera with them (cell phone most common), and a faster means of communication, in an age where people are friends with someone in another country, and stories spread quickly.

I remember hearing things growing up (I'm 34 now) about some sort of firm contact of a public nature happening sometime in 2007, with even more activity in 2008, and it relates some how to increased nuclear activity. I couldnt tell you where I've heard this, but maybe this is the reason as stated above. However, I do find it a bit strange with everything going on in the world today, and on the brink of some sort of larger-scaled war, and people mentioning the "End Times", and the Mayan Calander. Even a local talk radio host in St Paul is talking about the increased UFO activity. As to why they are hear? Other than science and genetics, not much more reason.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I believe E.T. have taken a keen interest more in human beings as a whole since the detonation of the first nuclear weapon because it shows the advancement of where this race is going, potential disaster? Who knows..

But we're not mere animals roaming the plain or drawing animals on the walls of caves. We've learn to split the atom, harness the sun's energy, cure diseases, crack the human genome. We're very very advanced and I'm sure they're very curious about who we are as people.

I firmly believe the nuclear technology we've acquired over the years has given them more keen interest in us, seeing that we don't blow up our world. NOT for their sake, but simply for ours.

UFOs and E.T. races have probably been around this planet for god knows how long and even before then, they're probably taking a more active role now in other processess to assure we do not destroy ourselves.

No mind controlling, no harvesting the human race or abductions leading to a hybrid race, just helping us out before its too late.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by shots
Aliens do not give a darn about NUCLEAR weapons. If they can get here from light years away I am positive any weapons they have are far superior to anything earth might have

hmmm, light years?

You know, one day we are going to sit back, and laugh at what we didnt know now.
Our great-great-great-great (had to add one extra in there as we actually had 6 generations alive at once in my family)

anyway, years down the road, here is a conversation:

"Gee dad, they didn't realize you could get to any infinite point in the multi-layered universe(s) though folding them and clicking their heels twice?"

Point is, if there are aliens far, far away...chances are, they know how to travel in such a way that would make it look like they are our next door neighbors.

And, for the most part...these aliens, Im sure have existed on this planet for eons...
its not just a new discovery...after many years aliens finally get to us.
Come one, the earth is billions of years (to get a point across), and they just now found out how to travel here?

The references to demons, etc. in the Bible do fit the whole alien thing.
Just demons and angles sound mystical. There is no mystic stuff in this universe...just science not understood.

So, yes, aliens have been around for centuries, and as one poster pointed out, they existed before (our) knowledge of nuclear facilities.

I mean, after all, we are an egotistical little race of sheep.
We will believe practically anything told to us from a "source" of authority.

Im all for ancient civilizations more advanced than we are today.
After all, ol' Adam and Eve for the Christians, should have been (according to evangelical doctrine) the most intelligent beings. So after the fall they just went stupid?
Dont think so. But there is a big twist in this altogether, and I use this only as a pointer...dont get bogged down in the pointer.

Pointers are brain exercises to get you thinking outside your box...doubt they work, as most people are so stuck in certain thought patterns, but its fun for me to use these illustrations anyway.

For many this will be ramblings of a madman, for others a speech from a heretic...but indeed, that in-itself is worth a great laugh...as some of you might get it.

(I hear you now, I understand what your saying...
We always have to "know" and be "sure" that we know what is being said, even if we truly dont get it. After all, speech is a fragile way to communicate, and the written word, all that much easier to misunderstand. When re-reading ones on written word, the words can mean something different just on how the sentence is read, in some instances...

Its all good.

Peace

dAlen

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Just like to clarify some things regarding my original post. I realize now the title of the thread should have been The Reason they're here NOW in a word. I do believe that ETs have been here all along, the biblical references are of a particular interest to me. And I wasn't suggesting they were here to get nuclear weapons.

Once again I'm not saying the nuclear issue is the only agenda or that there is only one race. I'm sure there's no one simple answer. But I do believe the nuclear age is responsible for the mordern explosion of UFO phenonema. It's definately a recurring theme and obviously overlooked. It would definately fall into the realms of national security don't you think?
It's staring us right in the face, the nuclear issue is back on the cards so UFO sightings increase.

As for population density and advances in communication, I agree to a point but the ET/Nuclear connection has been there from the beginning when their weren't as many reactors or bombs and communication wasn't so great.

UFO Intelligence Summary

More

[edit on 31-1-2007 by squiz]

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Interesting how there are no reports in Russia or China. And China in particular considering the amount of people. I think it's strange and might tell us something.

Sure...Information may be limited in China, but they still find ways to work around the system.

I think the only reason why the United States, UK, and Australia have the most reports is because people in those countries have more freetime and means to fantasize about aliens and that stuff.

Just me though.

Also, if you want to use the nuclear map / ufo map to make a statement, the nuclear map has no nuclear reactors mapped out in Australia, yet there were reports there.

So I believe this theory is kind of not carrying much weight. Sorry.

[edit on 31-1-2007 by CidCaldensfey]

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by CidCaldensfey
Also, if you want to use the nuclear map / ufo map to make a statement, the nuclear map has no nuclear reactors mapped out in Australia, yet there were reports there.

So I believe this theory is kind of not carrying much weight. Sorry.

I'm an Australian resident and there have been no major sightings that I'm aware of. The theory still holds true here as well though. There is nuclear activity here. Pine gap is rumoured to be nuclear powered.
Map of australian nuclear sites.

As for the map it is incomplete best I could find. Seeing a UFO is a rare event and of course there have been sightings no where near nuclear facilities i'm sure. Like I keep saying it's not the only reason but it appears to be the most prominent at this time. There's just an obvious connection that shouldn't be overlooked IMO.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Hey squiz. There's a documentary made in Australia a few years ago I feel is unique. It's called "OZ" and it revolves around four UFO reports and abduction cases. If your not familiar with it you might consider seeing it as its a great documentary in my opinion.

Dallas

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dallas
Hey squiz. There's a documentary made in Australia a few years ago I feel is unique. It's called "OZ" and it revolves around four UFO reports and abduction cases. If your not familiar with it you might consider seeing it as its a great documentary in my opinion.

Dallas

Yeah thanks, I think i've seen it the OZ files I think, I agree it's very good. Australia Isn't what I'd call a hot spot although it does have huge areas relatively unpopulated, with only 10% of the population of the U.S The Nullabour plain, Atherton Table lands are meant to be regulary active. There has been a few major events and it does have it's share of secrets. There are some interesting bases and area 51 type markings not many know about in Western Australia.
example- Another relatively active area. Exmouth Harold Holt US Naval base. Nuclear weapons I wonder? Nuclear subs at least.

I have my theories as to what this is but is off topic for this thread. There's more but this I think is the most interesting

[edit on 31-1-2007 by squiz]

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   
squiz

There have always been sightings and personal contact. We hear about them more now because of our worldwide public communication abilities. There are also more sightings and personal contact now because of the immediately critical point of destruction we are bringing our planet and our race to.

It is my understanding from the visiting races that it is their intention to help us help ourselves. If they could take over, they would have done so long ago, before we ever went so far down this path. The state of our ecology and politics has become so corrupted that we can't even fix it ourselves anymore if we tried. The common people have no idea of the crimes our leadership is committing, globally or universally.

Everything we do here affects our neighboring races. If we were allowed to actually travel out to where they live, and did there what we do here, they would have to hurt us just to protect themselves.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join