It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's and then a twist...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Maybe I should have posted this in an existing thread, but too many threads are guilty of something I'd like to clear up.

I beleive there are UFO's. Unidentified Flying Objects. I am pretty sure every one does, or should. Why should everyone believe in them? Because unless you are an aircraft id expert, there is a good chance you will see an unidentified flying object. A fricken helicopter could be a UFO. If you had no idea what a helicopter was, you'd come to the conclusion it was a UFO. It all depends on your knowledge and expertise of aircraft and other subjects. I would like to emphasize 'other subjects' because most of the time our mind plays tricks on us with shadows and light illusions, as well as physical structures. A perfect example is the recently popular "Irrefutable evidence of UFO's on the Moon" thread. A hill was mistaken for a UFO! If there is any greater leap of faith than that then please inform me.

I don't understand how people can make such logical leaps without question. How and why does someone 1) first assume its a flying object? 2) then assume its an alien aircraft? It was nothing more than a unidentified stationary hill. Yet people somehow came to a conclusion it was an alien!

Why is it that UFO's quickly get put in the alien category? Why do people end up twisting the story to favour that? Not in all cases, obviuosly, but enough to make some people assume a UFO is an Alien.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   
This is an endless debate, and it just goes on and on and on. And no, nobody can "win" it.. Frankly, I dont understand why people focus so much on the sightings you can explain. Focus on the ones you cant for gods sake.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by LuDaCrIs
Why is it that UFO's quickly get put in the alien category? Why do people end up twisting the story to favour that? Not in all cases, obviuosly, but enough to make some people assume a UFO is an Alien.

I blame it on the sci-fi pop culture that has permeated western society in the last decades. There's so many movies, books, tv series, adds, magazines, songs, clips portraying sci-fi themes that many are proclive to explain the UFO phenomenom through the extraterrestrial theory

In this forum, you will find that most people have alredy made up their mind, and blame every single light, hill, insect, cloud or raindrop to aliens. Many of them are just eager to hear a good story. Others are willing to believe any tale about aliens.

As far as myself, this forum is making me a skeptic. I was 100% believer before finding it, having read several books about the subject in the last 20 years, and I've been always fascinated by it.

Now, seeing how gullible is common people, and how many hoaxes float around, I take everything with a grain of salt. I'm only sure of one thing: some aerial UFO's are impossible to explain and some of them have portrayed intelligent behaviour (as reported by pilots). Origin? No idea.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   
What about the alien ships that mimic, clouds, conventional craft, helicopters, 52 Fords, Boxes of Pampers, Bottles of Bud lite, German Shepherds, Martin Guitars, Catholic School girls, or even your next door neighbor.

For you see, beings that can conquer time and space aren't bound by the physics in the dimension you live in. Therefore even objects that you can identify may actually be just camouflage or transmuted shape shifting entities.

Nothing is as it seems. They are watching every move you make.

Even though they can mimic any shape or form, they usually prefer to remain invisible to humans; cats and dogs can usually seem them.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Therefore even objects that you can identify may actually be just camouflage or transmuted shape shifting entities.

The operative word here is "may", as in "may not". See, under my humble point of view, a toaster, most of the times, is just a toaster. Once there's proof of them being anything else but a toaster, I will start believing in shapeshifting ala Deep Space Nine.

new topics

top topics

join