It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The awfull truth about Scientology

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by kickoutthejams
No Scientologist will come here and defend this...

Spoke too soon!

Scientology is not a mind-controlling cult bent on world domination hoping to make money out of everyone... it is a very helpful philosophy or religion that can help you in every area in life beyond your wildest imaginations (at least that's what i've experienced).

If you ever wonder why some people hate Scientology so much read this excerpt from the Scientology Handbook: www.scientologyhandbook.org...

If you want to read about more, click this link: www.scientologyhandbook.org...

It can be a sad state of affairs that some suppressive beings are so terrified of others getting better, that they lie, create false information, create libelous websites, and stop people from achieving a goal that man has tried to do since day one: free himself.

Scientology can help you do that. Bottom line. End of discussion. If you have questions, call a Scientology Organization.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   
could you comment on this please?

Fair Game" was introduced by Hubbard, and incites Scientologists to use criminal behavior, deception and exploitation of the legal system to resist "Suppressive Persons", i.e. people or groups that "actively seeks to suppress or damage Scientology or a Scientologist by Suppressive Acts". He defined it "Fair Game" as:

ENEMY — SP Order. Fair game. May be deprived of property or injured by any means by any Scientologist without any discipline of the Scientologist. May be tricked, sued or lied to or destroyed.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I'm not going to lie and say I haven't looked at the above websites. Even though it's bad information clearly and obviously written by antisocial personalities and the information therein can lead to some problems-- for me I wanted to know everything and both sides. I wouldn't recommend that to everyone-- the information in there is pretty bad and even with proper context it is damaging.

I actually brought up that policy to someone once and he looked at me like I had five heads-- and he was up there. If that policy was ever created, it hasn't been used for a long time.

If it were used today, the people who created the above websites attacking Scientology most likely wouldn't want to create a website attacking Scientology. Does this make myself clear?

You have to understand Scientology is a gigantic organization, and if it did have policies like that, it would be obvious to see where it was applied and there would be absolutely noone attacking it. With that said, that policy is made up and isn't contained in any Organization Executive Courses.

The Scientology Hanbook under suppression states...

"3. The antisocial personality alters, to worsen, communication when he or she relays a message or news. Good news is stopped and only bad news, often embellished, is passed along."

With my above statements, and that gem of information, it's not hard to figure out how these rediculous made up policies arise.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Here's a link on the all the mysterious deaths of scientologists, there's quite a pattern here.

www.whyaretheydead.net...

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Any "religious insitution" that requires a monetary payment as a prerequisite to receiving institutional truths and policies is a sham, plain and simple.

The American society is a fairly tolerant lot when it comes to religious beliefs - within reason. Scientology receives its fair share of ire and distain for good reason:

1. It preys on the weak, lonely, mentally ill, and vulnerable.
2. It convinces them that their truth is the only truth.
3. It forces them to pay money to become accepted.
4. It forces them to exclude non-believers from their lives.
5. It demonizes socially-accepted professionals who are authorities on mental illness and cults.
6. It harrasses ex members who have received their truth, who later decided on their own that it is bunk.
7. It takes legal action against their critics

That last point is significant. While their are many religious beliefs that are "out there", only the Scientologists maintain an army of lawyers who hunt down and attempt to silence critics of their beliefs.

If your belief system cannot stand up to criticism on it's own, what does that say about your faith?

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
The TRUTH according to . . . . . .

The net is filled with Documents and the Truth - - according to . . . . .

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

I think you'll find all those deaths are real people who really died. It's a little insulting of you to sneer at that isn't it?

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   
If you would like to know the truth about L. Ron Hubbard go here:

www.xs4all.nl...

If you want to know the truth about Scientology:

www.cs.cmu.edu...

Scientology is a fraud dreamed up by a con man. A con man who conned his way out of the Navy, conned readers, and then set out to dupe the world and gain power thru religion. L.Ron Hubbard, and his wife were both convicted of fraud by the US goverment.

Do not dismiss these people, they convert sheep at a rapidly alarming rate, through brainwashing, and force if necessary. Once theve torn down the mind like a blank computer, they reprogram it. I have seen it myself with a former friend.

I won't name or go into detail, but he was an average guy who had no parents. They died and left him some money. He was one of my best friends. He met this girl and went away for some "retreat". When he came back he was bouncing off the wall about some new thing called "Dianetics ", his new girlfriend had shown him. He was going to a seminar and wanted me to go with him. I told him I couldn't because of work. (I lied because it sounded boring). Then he disappeared for a couple of weeks. I finally saw him drive up to his house and went over to say hi. There was a big guy who reminded me of one of the henchmen from a bond movie. He said my friend couldn't see anyone for a while because he busy. I said ok, and asked him to tell my friend I came by. The next time I saw my friend he looked like he had lost 25 pounds. I thought he must have the flu or something. Long story short he tried to convince me to join. I'm Catholic, and stuck in my ways. When it didn't work he eventually thru other people would allow me to "Corrupt him" anymore and refused to see me. A couple of weeks later movers came and took all of his stuff, I never saw him again.

They seem to go after the rich and famous. John Travolta, Priscilla Presly, Jenna Elfman, just to name a few. I'm sure no one is going to forget the well documented way Tom Cruise has tried on Kate Holmes.

But the really sad thing is that there are thousands of "Converts", who are just ordinary people. They are like parasites, sucking them dry. How many ordinary well off people die with just a few bucks in the bank account?

I would also caution anyone who tries to attack them openly. They have coldblooded lawyers, and henchmen who rival old school mafia. They are vindictive, and vengeful.

These people are only going to get what they deserve in the afterlife. If you believe in hell, then I believe there just might be a special circle way down just for them.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

I think you'll find all those deaths are real people who really died. It's a little insulting of you to sneer at that isn't it?

Your interpretation of my intent - is your interpretation. A general post of non specific directive.

However - unusual circumstances do occur in many walks of life. When one searches for a specific target - one generally finds what he/she is looking for.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I find it shocking that the organization defines an anti-social personality disorder as anyone that critices scientology. Thats obviosuly a flat out falsehood.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Seriously. I could be labeled anti-social for a good many reasons. That's probably not even in the top 75.

Organizations with a big financial stake get a bit twitchy when they're called out, don't they? Some of those televangelist guys crack me up when they start slobberin' about their critics.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
Seriously. I could be labeled anti-social for a good many reasons. That's probably not even in the top 75.

"However, the list given above consists of things which such a personality cannot detect in himself or herself. This is so true that if you thought you found yourself in one of the above, you most certainly are not antisocial. Self-criticism is a luxury the antisocial cannot afford. They must be right because they are in continual danger in their own estimation. If you proved one wrong, you might even send him or her into a severe illness."
www.scientologyhandbook.org...

You want to know what else Scientology does to help people and stand up to criminality: www.freedommag.org...

And we can't forget, one of the best speaches i've ever heard:
www.rtc.org...

And finally, I can't forget this one. The legend, David Miscavige:

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 30-1-2007 by IamnomanasIamallman]

Cug

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Royal76
Scientology is a fraud dreamed up by a con man. A con man who conned his way out of the Navy, conned readers, and then set out to dupe the world and gain power thru religion. L.Ron Hubbard, and his wife were both convicted of fraud by the US goverment.

How many Christian leaders have committed fraud and duped their followers? Or molested their followers children? or were outright murders? embezzled money?

Do not dismiss these people, they convert sheep at a rapidly alarming rate, through brainwashing, and force if necessary. Once theve torn down the mind like a blank computer, they reprogram it.

then you also said this...

I'm Catholic, and stuck in my ways.

Perhaps you're "stuck" in your ways because you were brainwashed into following Catholicism at an early age. (CCD = brain washing for children) Then there is Jesus Camp another fine form of Christian brainwashing.

I won't name or go into detail, but he was an average guy who had no parents. They died and left him some money. He was one of my best friends. He met this girl and went away for some "retreat". When he came back he was bouncing off the wall about some new thing called "Dianetics ", his new girlfriend had shown him. ::SNIP::

So you don't like Scientology because it took your friend away.. basically your jealous that he found his religion meant more to him than your friendship. A bitter pill for sure but it happens. I had a friend who is now a born again Christian who made one attempt to convert me and when it failed had nothing to do with me because I was an "evil devil worshiper". It sucks but it happens.

But the really sad thing is that there are thousands of "Converts", who are just ordinary people. They are like parasites, sucking them dry. How many ordinary well off people die with just a few bucks in the bank account?

Quite a bit. My great great great (I think that right) grandfather died poor because he gave pretty much all his money and property away so the first Catholic church in this area could be built.

And is it really so sad that people have found something that gives their lives purpose and makes them happy?

These people are only going to get what they deserve in the afterlife. If you believe in hell, then I believe there just might be a special circle way down just for them.

Ahhhh nice of you to wish them well.

Really most of the anti-Scientology in this thread is really nothing more than examples of religious intolerance. Scientology is just an easy target because it's relatively well known and weird to boot. So the bad things stand out more.

[edit on 1/30/2007 by Cug]

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Lol Crowley-ites bigging up Scientology how very amusing!

L. Ron himself is on record as saying he wanted to set up a religion to get rich. He went on to abuse it, his 'followers' and be waited on hand and foot by a bunch of hotpant clad bunny girls while he played Admiral on his 'fleet'. The guy was laughing in scientologists faces, and scientologists just don't get it.

Scientology has been busted up, ruled against in the courts of all continents. Even their lawyers are rubbish.

Scientology is no religion, it's a cult of pyramid selling. You might as well call Herbalife a religion.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Any on topic posts about the material in OP's link, would be appreciated.

Why did they take so long to drive her to the hospital? Did that corpse look like a woman who'd been hit by a car? How the hell did that dude boil himself and drown at the same time?

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Personally, I don't think any less of scientologists. It takes different people to make the world go around. However....

They kinda threw a kaniption fit when South Park made an anti scientologist episode (which it's been making fun of catholics, christians, jews and muslims for ages). From what i gathered, Tom Cruise threw such a fit over it, he refused to promote a movie if Comedy Central showed that episode again. Since then, they have.. but the mere fact that such a huge fit about it (to the point a cast member supposedly quit cause of it) that it has brought alot of negitive light on this way of thought (religion, cult whatever you want to call it).

I, too knew someone who was a Scientologist, but by the time we met, this person had left it. They told me about it, and told me it was bunk. I, being a person who rather find enlightenment alone than follow a ridged thought process, have held off passing judgement. Still.. Why not take the South Park Eps, with a grain of salt. If anything, it's not like they singled out Scientology?

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Okay, I have mostly read every site you guys have put up in this thread, the ones that are for scientology, and the ones that are against. My verdict is; Scientology is a corrupt business out for every penny in the world. I am not changing my mind. Oh, and don't start saying that my religion is wrong, because I don't believe in any religions. I remeber South Park made a parody epsiode of Scientology, but it wasn't really paroding, they were only telling the truth. I mean, how can anyone believe in this? Budhism focuses on inner peace, and that is a way more respectable religion then scientology. I am sorry, but I can't help dishing out right now. I mean, you have to pay a lot of money to find the problems in your life and fix them? Is this going to turn into some lame type of paid-programming on FOX??
''For only 6 easy payments of only 29.95, you will no longer be miserable, ever gain! Call in the next ten minutes and we will throw in 2 books about scientology, plus a frame of L. Ron Hubbard. But that's not all! ....''

This is a scandal...PERIOD

-Jimmy-

Cug

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Lol Crowley-ites bigging up Scientology how very amusing!

bigging up??? they are very weird IMHO. However that doesn't mean I think they should not be able to practice it if they want.

Scientology has been busted up, ruled against in the courts of all continents. Even their lawyers are rubbish.

So? Every other religion has been "busted up" somewhere sometime. Or were living high on the hog on followers money. I hear the Pope has a pretty nice place, and a tricked out ride.

Scientology is no religion, it's a cult of pyramid selling. You might as well call Herbalife a religion.

And I suppose you are the final arbiter on what one can call a religion.
Frankly if someone wanted to worship belly button lint I'd say if it makes you happy go for it. It in no way harms me...

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   
This thread has taken the turn from slander and libel, to religious hate speech.

Religious hate speech is illegal.

To understad the strong fear pouring out of this thread, this will be valuable: www.scientologyhandbook.org...

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Hey I'm all for freedom of religion but Scientology more than most has shown it's sinister side. And while we're talking about 'freedom' there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of freedom going on in scientology. I mean just look at the nature of all those deaths and suicides for example. People held against their will? That's just not right whichever way you cut it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join