It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkish UFO Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I'm not sure what to make of this, strange...

Anyone speak Turkish?

videolog.uol.com.br...

delius

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I dont speak turkish, but I'm pretty sure hes saying," They are balloons, I can't believe you wasted my time and put this on tv."

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 01:10 AM
link   
It looks like a big clump of balloons tied together, I wonder why it was released in a forest?

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Wow. Great find delius
Could be a cluster, as in a few of the recent Mexican sightings?. Couldn't help but notice the pitch-black edges and how the spots seem to switch.

Would be helpful to hear the translation and see the remainder of the video taken. I'm impressed non the less.

Dallas

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tiloke
I dont speak turkish, but I'm pretty sure hes saying," They are balloons, I can't believe you wasted my time and put this on tv."

QFT. I wish I could be paid money for sitting watching a movie with a 'UFO' and pretend to be vaguely interested in it while clicking my pen with a quirked up eyebrow.

Those guys kind of remind me of the judges on American Idol. I don't watch the program, but I've seen clips of it on YouTube.

[edit on 30-1-2007 by CidCaldensfey]

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   
wow! You can clearly see an alien or two peeking out of the trees. It then looks like one alien is carrying another and he is using a jetpack. This seems kind of convincing to me.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Edit: Actually I don't know for sure if they really are balloons after watching it a second time. It moves around in a very strange way, I can't tell whether it's an effect from the wind or what...

[edit on 30-1-2007 by Diplomat]

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Found some more information on this...For your perusal.

www.virtuallystrange.net...

delius

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 12:50 AM
link   
One thing is for certain... It sure as hell is not a weather baloon.

Cool video. If this thing was a bundle of baloons... how is it possible for it to maintain altitude sometimes, or change direction so smoothly. In mountains like that one would expect some wind to be pushing the 'baloons' in a noticeable manner...

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Excellent find of additional info delius
As I read through the various messages there, it seems some people may not have seen the cluster rise from the top of the tree line before they wrote.

Would be great if a translation became available by the people who both video'd it and witnessed the colored lights the previous evening.

Dallas

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Thanks for the waste of my time. There is no doubt what is shown is mylar ballons tied together nothing more.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I'm not sure but I think I actually saw, "Happy Birthday" printed on the side of that "UFO"...

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   
For my money, this is a staged hoax. The object in the forest clearly increases in size and changes shape prior to its lifting-off. My guess is that it is a mylar space blankets (or similar) fabricated into a large shape. People in the forest fill it with Helium and let it go. Movement of the object is as balloon-like as any video I have ever seen. I truly feel that if anyone takes this video seriously (and I am far from a UFO debunker) they are deluding themselves. It's a hoax.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots
Thanks for the waste of my time. There is no doubt what is shown is mylar ballons tied together nothing more.

It wasn't a waste of my time. Just wondering how you came to the balloon conclusion with as you put it No Doubt?

Personally I think it's great ATS members are posting pictures and vids and feel they should be encouraged to do so by members. I don't know, without a doubt, if it's staged or not, but am interested in learning more about the background. If you or anyone can add info about the people or place it was taken that'd be great.

Dallas

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Wow, I wonder why this video is even making the rounds again. It first came out on google video last year. Even beck then everyone thought it was a hoax then interest died.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I bet one day a legit UFO video is going to come out and its going to be written off as a hoax for one reason or another. I bet it has already happened.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unplugged
I bet one day a legit UFO video is going to come out and its going to be written off as a hoax for one reason or another. I bet it has already happened.

Oh, sure. Absolutely. Or some completely alien craft is just ignored as it flies through the sky because it looks a lot like an ordinary airplane.

Consider this. If people have such bad perceptive skills that they frequently mistake ordinary aircraft for UFOs, what is to say that at least some of them are not mistaking UFOs for ordinary aircraft? Or mylar balloons?

As for the Turkish UFO, it sure looks like a clump of balloons, blowing and drifting in the wind.

On the other hand, I've never seen a clump of balloons free themselves after they've gotten caught in trees, and I've never seen them just sit stationary in the sky and not drift in the wind. Or become more clumped together as they fly, rather than drift farther apart. Balloons tend to scatter, even if they're tied together. Curious.

Could this thing be an organism of some kind, composed of smaller individual cells? Communicating with each other somehow and clustering together, like a flock of birds? That would be interesting, though there's not much indication of it. Pure speculation.

At least the photographers aren't anonymous, and we know the basic facts of the sighting and filming. That's more than we get with 90 percent of lousy UFO videos.

Probably mylar balloons. Don't know.

[edit on 1-2-2007 by SuicideVirus]

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Wow, Cid's an "Idol" fan. Cool way to come out of the idol closet dude.

Meanwhile, back at the DD hooter ranch. I really enjoyed this video and cannot understand the bored expressions of the Turkish judges. I think the black bleed at the edges is indicative of high frequency high voltage. I have recently had a sighting of a balloon cluster and it did not look like this. Here in Arizona there is alot of hot updrafts and I have seen children's wading pools rotating like a frisbee a hundred feet in the air. I know from experience that some strange things get airborne. I even watched a huge jack rabbit fall out of the clear blue sky and bounce six feet into the air off of the freeway once. No doubt some hawk got tired of fighting him. Anyway the vehicle in question seems to morph shape a couple of times in the video and I believe it to be not of conventional construction or propulsion.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I am usually not a skeptic but this really looks like a bunch of Mylar ballons tied together. Some of the ballons appear to be low of helium and that is why they appear to be moving about the cluster. I watched it 3 times and it looks like it is following a typical wind pattern.

new topics

top topics

join