It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vibrations While Meditating

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I recently experienced some strong vibrations while meditating. I'd like to know if anyone else has had a similar experience or knows what caused this. This was not like the vibrations one might experience before having an OBE (Out of Body Experience). The vibrations were concentrated in the heart area only (Actually more in the middle of the chest rather than right in the heart.) The strength of the vibrations was similar to my cat purring on my lap and they lasted about 15-20 seconds.

I don't want to read too much into this but I was wondering if this could have anything to do with the heart chakra.

Any insight or advice would be appreciated.

Mitzella

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mitzella
I recently experienced some strong vibrations while meditating. I'd like to know if anyone else has had a similar experience or knows what caused this. This was not like the vibrations one might experience before having an OBE (Out of Body Experience). The vibrations were concentrated in the heart area only (Actually more in the middle of the chest rather than right in the heart.) The strength of the vibrations was similar to my cat purring on my lap and they lasted about 15-20 seconds.

I don't want to read too much into this but I was wondering if this could have anything to do with the heart chakra.

Any insight or advice would be appreciated.

Mitzella

Yes it does.. I can get that feeling to be so overwhelming it becomes irritating.. not sure where to direct it though...

Also keep in mind some of the religions and ancient rituals...

Like "Father, Son, and Holy Ghost..

Father = You touch your forehead (third eye)
Son = You touch just below your rib-cage (the place that feeling occurs for me) - Heart Chakra
Holy Spirit = The Arms (Representative of Making Thought into Matter, since the arms do the creating for us???? maybe)

Either way, I've had a similar occurance, not going to say its the exact same as I am not you, and can't verify it on your end.. lol..

But regardless... It would be nice to know what to do with that energy..

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I've seen reference in other forums to 'vibrations' and it has always interested me because I experience unexplained and quite fast vibrations when I'm between the awake and sleep state. Until reading this thread, I had no idea what the reason could be, because strangely enough, in other forums, no-one has ever provided an explanation.

Now, thanks to this thread, I've learned that the vibrations occur prior to the OBE state, which makes sense, because quite often I experience a sudden and violent reaction combined with a sense of having fallen.

Thanks for the information :-)

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Pure Energy, thanks for your reply. I too would like to know what to do with this energy or what exactly it signifies. Maybe someone out there who has experinece working with energy can add to this.

Dock6, yes what you're describing sounds like ann OBE to me. There's alot of information on the vibrations and the other particulars of OBE on the thread "Conscious OBE it's Real" by Rivergoddess. It's nearly 60 pages and it's full of great information on the subject.

I don't usually get vibrations prior to OBE (I usually just seem to pop out or rise out) but on occasion I've experienced them along with the falling sensation and strange noises. The vibration I'm talking about differs from this in that it's concentrated in the chest area rather than full body and it doesn't accompany an OBE.

Mitzella

top topics

join