It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran plans to Open Bank In Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   
In response to president Bush's warning to Tehran to stop meddling in Iraqi affairs Iran announces plans to open a bank in Baghdad, this news is sure to inflame an already intense situation as this could fuel fears that the situation could erode into a war with the United States.

www.theaustralian.news.com.au
Iran has outlined an ambitious plan to expand its military and economic ties with Iraq, including an Iranian national bank branch in Baghdad, just as the Bush administration warned Tehran to stop meddling in Iraqi affairs.

Iran's plan, as outlined by its Iraq ambassador to The New York Times, could drag the Islamic republic further into conflict with the US, which has detained a number of Iranian operatives in Iraq and says it has proof of Iranian complicity in attacks on US and Iraqi forces.

Ambassador Hassan Kazemi Qomi acknowledged for the first time that two Iranians detained last month by US forces in Iraq were security officials, as the US has claimed.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The supporting link( Atlantic Freepress) to this story talks about this situation opening the door to world war III as once again Tehran thumbs it's nose at the Bush administrations calls for Iran to keep out of Iraq. We see almost an eagerness on the part of Iran to start a war with the U.S. the question is why?

Related News Links:
www.atlanticfreepress.com

[edit on 29-1-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Talking of meddling in Iraq affairs, why the hell the US is still in Iraq? The US people don't want, the Iraqi people don't want, the iranian people don't want... only the US government and US corporations wants.

How dare him talk about Iran meddling in Iraq's affairs? Iran and Iraq will be allies, no matter what. So Bush, you know nothing about the middle-east, STFU and go finish Pet Goat.

[edit on 29-1-2007 by Vitchilo]

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I'm not sure what you mean by "finish pet goat" Vitchilo but the way I see it I'm sure there are many Iraqi's who would hate to see Iran take over Iraq, I'm no van of Bush, but to turn, and leave, and let the country be overun with Iranians seems like the wrong thing to do also. Anybody got a better idea than war.

new topics

join