It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planet X / Sumerians / fantastic gallery of artifacts

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 10:45 PM
link   
But what destroyed Planet X?

Do the ancient accounts (even Biblical) of Nuclear like war play here?

www.world-mysteries.com...

The same site talks of Ancient Astronauts... we're from Planet X? An Eden destroyed by Knowledge. Could be.

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Maybe if we knew everything, we'd end up destroying one another due to lack of hope?

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sapphire
Maybe if we knew everything, we'd end up destroying one another due to lack of hope?

But it would finally be a war worth fighting.

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

But it would finally be a war worth fighting.

Yes ... The war to end all wars

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Hey, at least it would end all wars.

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 11:07 PM
link   
God destroyed one of his planets to make an asteroid available to crash into earth, which produced giant tsunamis, swallowed up all the dinosaurs and contaminated the water above the expanse which flooded the planet.

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy

Hey, at least it would end all wars.

NotTooHappy hehe. I wonder what we'd come back as?

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by lostinspace
God destroyed one of his planets to make an asteroid available to crash into earth, which produced giant tsunamis, swallowed up all the dinosaurs and contaminated the water above the expanse which flooded the planet.

God didn't destroy it purposely, i think he accidentally stepped on it or something, said 'oops' then told the Old Testament Prophets it was a giant flood cause he was pissed off at us lol

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I get sad when a perfectly good exploration of theories comes to a screeching halt when someone resorts to 'God did it' rather than 'I don't know'.

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Just that many myths and legends point in the same direction.

The dinosaurs were washed under great ground disruptions produced by an asteroid.

Noah stated that "...the springs of the vast watery deep were broken open and then the flood waters fell from heaven." The asteroid hit in the Yucatan and the tsunamis came around and Noah saw the disapated waves from the Ark on the other side of the world(modern day Iraq.)

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 11:35 PM
link   

I get sad when a perfectly good exploration of theories comes to a screeching halt when someone resorts to 'God did it' rather than 'I don't know'.

Hey you, stop looking at me like that

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 12:13 AM
link   

This is all based on myth and looking at the big picture.

This planet lied between Earth and Jupiter. It's size rivalled that of Saturn. It's two moons had different fates. One is now know as Mars. The other crashed into the surface of Jupiter. Once this planet was destroyed all the worlds were out of balance. To compensate, various moons were ripped from their parent worlds to create balance. Mercury was ripped from Venus. Pluto, Charon, and Quaoar were ripped from Neptune. All the true planets are gas filled and have extreme atmospheric pressure, including earth. Earth looked exactly like Venus today, which can be understood by reading the creation account. All the asteroids in orbit around the planets are also part of this giant lost world. When the real moons are counted the number comes out to be 21(including Mars, Mercury, Pluto, Charon, and Quaoar.) If one moon truly lies trapped on Jupiter among the Great Red Spot, then the number of moons goes up to 22. The condition of the solar system now is that there are only six gas planets, including earth. These include: Venus, Earth, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune. If this lost world, which now is the asteroid belt was a gas giant, then there would be seven true planet worlds. This state matches the dimensions of the lampstand in the holy chamber of the tabernacle of the Israelites. Seven burning lamps and twenty-two almond blossom flowers.

I'd love more information on this theory. Does it exist outside that fictional account of Noah's Ark you mentioned from 1886? (on another thread)

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 12:32 AM
link   

This is all based on myth and looking at the big picture.

This planet lied between Earth and Jupiter. It's size rivalled that of Saturn. It's two moons had different fates. One is now know as Mars. The other crashed into the surface of Jupiter. Once this planet was destroyed all the worlds were out of balance. To compensate, various moons were ripped from their parent worlds to create balance. Mercury was ripped from Venus. Pluto, Charon, and Quaoar were ripped from Neptune. All the true planets are gas filled and have extreme atmospheric pressure, including earth. Earth looked exactly like Venus today, which can be understood by reading the creation account. All the asteroids in orbit around the planets are also part of this giant lost world. When the real moons are counted the number comes out to be 21(including Mars, Mercury, Pluto, Charon, and Quaoar.) If one moon truly lies trapped on Jupiter among the Great Red Spot, then the number of moons goes up to 22. The condition of the solar system now is that there are only six gas planets, including earth. These include: Venus, Earth, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune. If this lost world, which now is the asteroid belt was a gas giant, then there would be seven true planet worlds. This state matches the dimensions of the lampstand in the holy chamber of the tabernacle of the Israelites. Seven burning lamps and twenty-two almond blossom flowers.

I'd love more information on this theory. Does it exist outside that fictional account of Noah's Ark you mentioned from 1886? (on another thread)

A good scientific view of this theory, with a few differences, can be best explain by the physisist Tom Van Flandern. Peoaple don't respect his veiws because they're so way out there. I vote for the underdog. The same was true about the world being flat. Those who said it was round were said to be crazy.

www.metaresearch.org...

He makes no biblical connection, only scientific and speculative. He looks at the big picture.

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 12:56 AM
link   

NotTooHappy hehe. I wonder what we'd come back as?

Something cool, i hope.

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Ive heard this history in other version. In my version, this planet was moving in SINGLE orbit with earth and mars. It was destroyed about 28000 years ago with a HUGE explosion, that changed earth and mars orbits. This is probably date of destroying atlantide. The proof is asteroid field in solar system, that is debris from this planet.

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Are you guys seriously when you say it is a real planet which collided, and the planets moved and such?

Sitchins interpretation

According to Sitchin, the 12th planet, Marduk, while making its approach to the sun (in a highly elliptical orbit) interacted with the other planets of the solar system, flinging Pluto into its current peculiar orbit. Marduk, or one of its satellites, then collided with a planet called Tiamat, which occupied an orbit between Mars and Jupiter. The Sumerians described it like this:

Tiamat and Marduk, the wisest of gods,
Advanced against one another;
They pressed on to single combat,
They approached for battle.
After he had slain Tiamat, the leader,
Her band was broken, her host broken up,
The gods, her helpers who marched at her side,
Trembling with fear,
Turned their backs about so as to save
And preserve their lives.

Sitchin interprets "the host, the helper gods" to be the moons of Tiamat which "turned their backs" or changed orbital motions. He suggests that the "shattered band" became the comets and the asteroid belt. But of most importance, the bulk of Tiamat's debris fell into a new orbit and would
become Earth.

Do you want to know? This is one of the interpretations of Sitchin as being PlanetX being a real planet, and Lostinspace, this is the interpretation of the Gods war which you use to support your theorie out of which flows the planets moving and stuff, and the making of the astroid belt, this is it, the above Gods War is the main argument for saying PlanetX was real and collided and blablabla.

I believe in PlanetX to, but not as being a real planet.

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Reasons to believing it isn't a real planet

And yes it still is a known hoax in the science forum, but just when it is interpreted as being a real planet.

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 09:09 AM
link   
That badastronomy site (I've been to a few times) doesn't discuss the possibility that a Planet between Earth and Jupiter exploded.

It's merely saying there's no PLanet X now... and frankly spends alot of bandwidth debunking ZetaTalk.

Am I missing something there? I was pretty disappointed with that site on Planet X. Though the Moon Hoax debunk is good.

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Rant... you missed the interpretation of PlanetX not existing anymore... The idea that planetX is gone now is because it was between Earth and Jupiter...collided... and became the asteroid belt. That's the idea behind PlanetX and stuff.

Looking at the post about the Gods war... that is what is interpreted as being the collision between PlanetX and another planet... while it are the Gods which fought...

Don't know if you missed that one

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 10:21 AM
link   
But are you agreeing it might have existed and exploded, and saying badastronomy site supports this theory?

Or again' it.

[By the way] Lostinspace's recommended Meta Research site is a good resource: Here's the Exploded Planet theory from a scientific alternative - www.metaresearch.org... ]

[Edited on 23-12-2003 by RANT]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join