It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planet X / Sumerians / fantastic gallery of artifacts

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 07:32 AM
link   
do you think planet X exists or not? do you think modern day Irac was the birthplace of civilisation? check out the artifacts gallery on this link as well.... some fantastic pictures

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 07:33 AM
link   
which gallery would this be?

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 07:36 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Iraq is called the 'craddle of civilization' because the earliest western settlements rose there, in Sumeria. Of course, the east was centuries ahead of us at any given time up to the last two centuries... And planet X is nothing more than a pleasant fiction.

DE

[Edited on 16-12-2003 by DeusEx]

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 07:45 AM
link   
that is your view.......... and your view only....

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by bryn
that is your view.......... and your view only....

1. As for the Iraq point, I'm right. Any well-written history book will back me up.

2. can you provide good, solid proof as to the existence of said planet X? Your link provides little but hearsay. The only thing it proves is that the existence of such a planet is a possibility, not that it exists. there are dozens of possible explinations of why two gaseous giants' orbits would be irregular.

I'm sorry if I sound harsh, but it's true.

DE

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 08:08 AM
link   
That particular artifact has been debunked a lot of times (it's real, but Sitchin's translation is bogus.)

The best place to look for explainations of why there isn't a "planet X" is here: www.badastronomy.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Perhaps also worth seeing that PlanetX could be reality, and why the above link why "it PlanetX doesn't ex�st" doesn't necessarely has to be true.

Very nice that you just ignored it Byrd
nothing personal, just that it doesn't have to be a fake

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 01:24 PM
link   
why is this under "Introductions"

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 01:27 PM
link   
to describe the asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter thoerizing it was actually a destroyed planet, it's debris still in orbit.

Makes more sense than an invisible planet near the debris.

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Leenbekkemaa, I just wanted to add my support for removing the hoax status of the Planet X theories. I have yet to see any firm evidence that catagorically states there is no Planet X. What the Sumerians describe could be interpreted in many ways, Sitchins' explanation being just that, his explanation, and it is an explanation which has earned him a large sum of money.

An astronomer by the name of J.C. Adams, who predicted (along with Le Verrier) the location of Neptune before it's discovery by telescope in 1846, was the first (as far as I know)in modern times to propose that there is a 10th planet out there, based on unusual residual motion of Uranus, and further spurred on by Neptunes' unexpected orbital path.
During the following 5 years, the possible locations of another 3 planets were predicted by other astronomers, William Pickering in fact thought there were a possible seven other planets, but he refined this to only one after a year.
The solitary planet he chose to focus on was described as having an orbital period of 656 years, so no chance of this being Nibiru, as described by Sitchin.

One of the first people to propose the name 'Planet X', was Percival Lowell (who also proposed the canals on Mars, which was just a mistranslation of the Italian word Canali, meaning channels), and although he first spotted Pluto, he didn't realize what he had. Lowell died a disappointed man in 1916 having never found his Planet X, although ironically he found 515 asteroids, 700 variable stars and two images of Pluto, 14 years before it's official discovery!

Pluto's discovery did not end the search for Planet X as this (it is believed) rogue from the Oort Belt with it's moon Charon (which is almost the same size as Pluto) does not have the mass to affect Uranus' orbit even slightly. So, it was surmized, there must be something else out there causing it. The discoverer of Pluto (Clyde Tombaugh, Kansas) took up the challenge. He spent 13 years searching, looked at some 90 million images of some 30 million stars over an area covering 30,000 square degrees of the night sky. He found one new globular cluster, 5 new open star clusters, one new supercluster of roughly 1800 galaxies, one new comet and 775 new asteroids, but no Planet X. He stated that 'Only a planet in an almost polar orbit and situated near the south celestial pole could have escaped my detection.'
In 1987, John Anderson at JPL (NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory) examined the motions of Pioneer 10 and 11 to see if there was any deflection due to unknown gravity forces. None was found -- from this Anderson concluded that a tenth planet most likely exists. He concludes that the tenth planet must have a highly ellipitcal orbit, carrying it far away to be undetectable now, but periodically bringing it close enough to leave it's disturbing signature on the path of the outer planets. He suggested an orbital period of 700-1000 years and in a highly inclined orbit.
In my opinion, I think Planet X should be removed from having a 'Known Hoax' status, for these reasons. It may not be Nibiru, but there is a definite scientific possibility that it is out there somewhere.
A wee link:

seds.lpl.arizona.edu...

[Edited on 21-12-2003 by MacGonzo]

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by MacGonzo
I have yet to see any firm evidence that catagorically states there is no Planet X.

You will never have any, because you cannot prove negative existence. I cannot prove that flying invisible unicorns are not dancing on the surface of Jupiter. The evidence for PlanetX approaches zero. All the so called "clues" (Pluto's orbit) that could indicate another planet have been found to be wrong. All we have left are wild speculations based on mythological texts.

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 06:41 AM
link   
It's possible that Planet X only orbits into our solar system when it crosses thru a vortex or dimension close to ours thus, allowing it to be shown. Who knows really it's only a theory. Maybe it's a super advanced world with a cloaking device shield it uses in order to protect itself from other alien entities which undoubtably pass in and out of our dimension..

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 07:24 AM
link   
You will never have any, because you cannot prove negative existence.

I can prove that I am not a female, but that'll get me flung in jail if I try that in public

I cannot prove that flying invisible unicorns are not dancing on the surface of Jupiter.

Just because we cannot prove something, doesn't mean it's not provable. You cannot prove your example because we cannot see what is on the surface of Jupiter. Doesn't mean it's not true. You may even be closer to the truth than you imagine.

The evidence for PlanetX approaches zero. All the so called "clues" (Pluto's orbit) that could indicate another planet have been found to be wrong.

Couple of points, 1, I state that Pluto has NO effect on the orbit of Neptune, hence somethng else must have an effect. 2, You give no evidence of the 'clues', as you call them, as having being found wrong. You cannot catagorically state something without offering proof. If you followed the link at the bottom of my post, you would have noticed (if you had read it) that it is a factual account (or as close as humanly possible if you want to be pedantic) of the accepted history of these astronomers.

All we have left are wild speculations based on mythological texts.

Again you seem to miss the point I was making. Do you believe that Planet X (bear in mind I'm not referring to either the Sumerians beliefs or Mr Sitchins') exists or are you saying you don't believe? Read my last sentence again.

P.S. You seem to have a liking of wild speculations, hence the 'flying invisible unicorns', 'dancing on the surface of Jupiter'.
Not everything 'we have left' is 'wild speculations based on mythological texts', if all you read about is Mr Sitchins opinions or the beliefs of a people 6000 years old, them that is all you will have. We, however, live in a quite well advanced SCIENTIFIC society, or at least I think I do anyway, and if I'm able to think it then, ergo, it must be a possibility.
Sapphire, you seem to have a higher grasp of the principles involved here. Anything unproven is possible and any theory is a possibility until proved or disproved.

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by exdog
why is this under "Introductions"

Yes I wondered that. This is the third post that you have made in introductions bryn. I think that we know you are here now

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 10:14 PM
link   
This is all based on myth and looking at the big picture.

A planet was destroyed at the historical time of the Great Flood of Noah's day. This planet lied between Earth and Jupiter. It's size rivalled that of Saturn. It's two moons had different fates. One is now know as Mars. The other crashed into the surface of Jupiter. Once this planet was destroyed all the worlds were out of balance. To compensate, various moons were ripped from their parent worlds to create balance. Mercury was ripped from Venus. Pluto, Charon, and Quaoar were ripped from Neptune. All the true planets are gas filled and have extreme atmospheric pressure, including earth. Earth looked exactly like Venus today, which can be understood by reading the creation account. All the asteroids in orbit around the planets are also part of this giant lost world. When the real moons are counted the number comes out to be 21(including Mars, Mercury, Pluto, Charon, and Quaoar.) If one moon truly lies trapped on Jupiter among the Great Red Spot, then the number of moons goes up to 22. The condition of the solar system now is that there are only six gas planets, including earth. These include: Venus, Earth, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune. If this lost world, which now is the asteroid belt was a gas giant, then there would be seven true planet worlds. This state matches the dimensions of the lampstand in the holy chamber of the tabernacle of the Israelites. Seven burning lamps and twenty-two almond blossom flowers.

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
Iraq is called the 'craddle of civilization' because the earliest western settlements rose there, in Sumeria. Of course, the east was centuries ahead of us at any given time up to the last two centuries... And planet X is nothing more than a pleasant fiction.

DE

I totally agree. THere is no "Planet X". If there was I think they would come up with a better name.

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy

Originally posted by DeusEx

DE

I totally agree. THere is no "Planet X". If there was I think they would come up with a better name.

Maybe its called Planet X because those of us born of the X Generation are going to take over the world MUAHAHAHAHA

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 10:38 PM
link   
An asteroid killed the dinosaurs and this rock came from the destoyed planet.

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sapphire

Maybe its called Planet X because those of us born of the X Generation are going to take over the world MUAHAHAHAHA

Yeah, we wish.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join