It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American ATS posters, GRRRRRRRRR

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Now I know not EVERY american is like this but...

... Why o why o why, can a non american not post anything that critisises the US and I don't mean American bashing posts, I mean simple observations by a non American that I feel relevant.

These Extremist Patriots, as I call them, read something against the US and go completly into an unrational defensive mode.

This behaviour has killed so many enjoyable threads, and as quick as I got really interested in ATS I'm just as quickly loosing Interest because of it.

Come on Extremist patriots, if someone has said something you dont like, think before you post. you will look alot less arrogant and dumb if you come up with a convincing and interesting counter argument,

try not to write crap like

The US would Own your country
or
Well we saved your ass in WW2

[edit on 29/1/07 by Jimmy1880]

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Fighting fire with fire is not always the best tactic. Neither is confrontation. You have your beliefs, they have theirs. The trick is attempting to find middle ground where both can co-exist. Sometimes that middle ground is one of the members having to avoid the thread, but that is certainly not the ideal solution.

I think this problem tends to arise when members take a one-sided approach to an issue. Too often we find this in the opening post of a thread. The author takes a strong one-side on the issue and proceeds to bash any alternative view. This ultimately opens the door to scrutiny and will have flocks of members coming to defend their "cause". If the author had of attempted a neutral position in the opening post, this drama could of been avoided.

Sometimes we can avoid this if we present ourselves in a manner that we would want others to present themselves.

Do unto others... Right?

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I and other non american posters on ATS more often than not add a refreshing outsider opinion, especialy on threads relating to US foreign policy or the fight against terror etc.

Mostly if our opinions are unfavouable to the US position we get accused of being an american basher, or the reply is unconstructive.

I like an intelligent debate but far too often debates get turned into slanging matches, something I feel ruins ATS

I try to post comments that are unoffensive, and when critised I try to reply constructivly. Are Americans easily offended by nature? is it a paranoia thing, every ones out to get us?

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Well the thing is, ATS does not condone this sort of behaviour. It is naive to think that the staff can govern every single post that is submitted. Sometimes the members need to lend a hand and assist in the process of curbing inappropriate behaviour. If you are discussing a subject where members are attacking you, and not the message, give the Complain function a shot and the staff will look into the issue.

If we do not attempt to curb it ourselves, we only leave the door open for the behaviour to continue and grow.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Thanks chissler, I thought about complaining but I thought the admins would think I'm being a pain the arse!

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jimmy1880
Thanks chissler, I thought about complaining but I thought the admins would think I'm being a pain the arse!

It doubles as a suggestion tool, so don't think any stigma comes with making use of it. ATS tends to deal with things "behind closed doors" so it is a good tool to use from time to time.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Gee....Jimmy.......

with quotes like this:

If Americans are "SO" militant then you should get on the streets.

Sorry but most of you are COWARDS you talk on ATS how you all will stand up to the NWO etc. etc. BUT YOU DO NOTHING!!

How would you expect others to act?

[edit on 31-1-2007 by ferretman2]

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ferretman2
Gee....Jimmy.......

with quotes like this:

If Americans are "SO" militant then you should get on the streets.

Sorry but most of you are COWARDS you talk on ATS how you all will stand up to the NWO etc. etc. BUT YOU DO NOTHING!!

How would you expect others to act?

That quote is taken out of a thread in "Fight Club" The reason I stared that thread was for exactly the same reason I started this one. FRUSTRATION.

It came from when I participated in one thread about US citizens fighting against the NWO if martial law was declared, everyone was going on how Americans have guns, this and that blah blah blah. But when the qestion was put forward that maybe they should fight peacfully and rally against the system before it gets that bad, no one could answer. The thread kept going on Patriot this Patriot that, Americans have guns and we could clearly take down an army so on and so on. All interlectual debate crashed and burned and the thread dropped off the radar.

If your gonna quote me like that please put a link to the thread you took it from so it can be taken in context.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Just like a non-American...complain...complain...complain :p j/k

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard

HAHA

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Thank goodness....I'm so glad to see you have a sense of humor.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Thank goodness....I'm so glad to see you have a sense of humor.

Of course I have a sense of humour, I mean it's not like I'm an American or Something

[edit on 31/1/07 by Jimmy1880]

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Yes you are right....being an American comes with certain responsibilities so our sense of humor can be repressed. I mean being the only superpower and leader of the free world we can't act like like lazy and child like non-Americans now can we.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Thanks for putting me straight Uncle Sam, due to my lower level of consciosnous (and inabilityy to spell) I've been blind to the fact.

Tell me Uncle Sam could you ask Grandad bush if he would punish all us non-americans for being so dumb, nothing too severe maybe a couple of carpet bombs over Paris. Please don't send your soldiers though, last time they came to Europe trhey stole all our pretty women

I will never speak out of turn again

USA

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Lol

[edit on 31-1-2007 by Black_Fox]

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Personally I think we get what we deserve. We have done the exact oposite of what President Eisenhauer warned us to do. We have let the military machine and big corporate take over and wonder why other countries hate us.

We have for the most part become mindless media driven consumers and let our gov. run amuk. Our Governments motto hould be: "WTF run amuk as long as it makes a buck" the human has been taken out of the equasion and if we keep this up we deserve whatever happens to us. The bean counters took over in the 1980's and we have been taking it in the arse ever since.

Americans get sensitive about it just like anyone that knows they are wrong but cannot admitt it.

The American dream has become the worlds nightmare.

We need to get control of ourselves once again and make that American dream a dream again. Look how beautiful we used to be. Now most are brainwashed.

Can we have our country back now?

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
"WTF run amuk as long as it makes a buck"

Thats one of the funniest things I've read on these boards for a long time

top topics

join