It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The strange behavior of Bob Lazar (alleged former Area 51

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   

The strange behavior of Bob Lazar (alleged former Area 51 "scientist")

by Norio Hayakawa, July 5, 2006

I am not here to defend nor to put Bob Lazar down.
The fact is that Bob Lazar has been categorized as a fraud by most so-called UFO researchers and the public-at-large, although there are still some who hold on to the belief that Bob Lazar was who he said he was and that he did everything that he claimed.
One person that still totally and adamantly supports Bob Lazar's claims is KLAS-TV Eyewitness News anchorman, George Knapp, and of course, Bob's friend, Las Vegas real estate appraiser, Gene Huff.

Is Bob Lazar a total fraud?
I am still not sure on this. I still do have some unanswered questions.

As for Bob Lazar's timeline, the whole world had already been familiar with Tom Mahood's timeline of Lazar, which he published in 1994.
(www.serve.com/mahood/lazar/timeline.htm)
However, not everyone is familiar with Gene Huff's 1995 rebuttal of Tom Mahood's timeline of Lazar.
But, thanks to Gary Sellani, Gene Huff's 1995 rebuttal of Tom Mahood's timeline was once again posted on the dreamlandresort.com recently.
(www.serve.com/mahood/lazar/synopsis.htm)
As I said above, personally, I still have some unanswered questions on Bob Lazar:

It was on February 21, 1990 that a crew of Nippon Television Network (NTV) of Japan and I (total of 7) had an opportunity to visit and interview Bob Lazar at his residence in Las Vegas. This was made possible through Bob's friend, real estate appraiser, Gene Huff.

frankwarren.blogspot.com...

``````````````````````
Trimmed BIG cut/paste and added link and 'ex' tags

[edit on 30/1/07 by masqua]

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Norio Hayakawa
The strange behavior of Bob Lazar (alleged former Area 51 "scientist")

by Norio Hayakawa, July 5, 2006

Interesting memories Norio. I have a few comments.

although there are still some who hold on to the belief that Bob Lazar was who he said he was and that he did everything that he claimed.
One person that still totally and adamantly supports Bob Lazar's claims is KLAS-TV Eyewitness News anchorman, George Knapp, and of course, Bob's friend, Las Vegas real estate appraiser, Gene Huff.

Please include me with those who believe Bob. I think you should include me because I knew him when he didn't believe in UFO's up to and including yesterday when I got a letter from him commenting on the picture of Aristarchus. (He said my belief that Aristarchus is a fusion reactor is "a BIG stretch"

They took us to the living room, which at that time did not seem to me to be fully furnished and "lived". They showed us Bob's study room, which also did not seem to me to be fully furnished. Yes, there were a few books on physics on the bookshelf and there were computers on his desk.

Bob didn't have a study. That was his living room. Other than his desk, the bookshelf behind his desk and a couch all he had was that big blue computer which stood 5 feet tall. One of the bedrooms was his lab where he kept his Van de Graff generator and all of his other stuff.

Then I found out that Bob Lazar's Social Security Number did not belong to Bob Lazar but to a lady in New York.

That information is incorrect. Too bad Bob Oechsler isn't around. He's the one that tracked that paycheck to the Dept. of Naval Intelligence. Oh yeah, yeah, there is no Dept. of Naval Intelligence, I forgot.

Also, I began to have doubts on Bob Lazar for his not keeping the promise that he would fly to Japan in early March of 1990 to appear live on the 2-hour Japanese TV program on Area 51. I was waiting for his flight from Vegas to Los Angeles where I was to meet him. He never showed up. Later on, the producer of the TV program said that he got an urgent call from Bob that Bob was not allowed to go to Japan to appear on that program. This was a total disappointment.

Bob got a phone call the day before he was going to leave and all the voice said was, "Bob, if you go to Japan I can assure you that you're never coming back." Whether or not the threat was real, Bob decided not to go. As far as not returning the honorarium he probably spent it.

The whole world, by now, also knows that Bob Lazar moved to New Mexico in the Sandia Mountains, next to Albuquerque.
It is my understanding that he still does some contract work occasionally for various defense-related sub-contractors (not the direct contractors). His present activities also include United Nuclear.

Thats all true except for "not the direct contractor" part. You would be surprised who he really does contracting work for.

What I also know is that Bob Lazar had a huge debt while he worked in New Mexico, prior to moving in to Nevada.

Yes, he filed bankruptcy, owned a cathouse in northern Nevada, and was convicted of pandering in Las Vegas, all documented.

STRANGE BEHAVIOR OF BOB LAZAR PART II

But, instead, what we noticed was that Bob Lazar was continually laughing at Gary Schultz while he was giving the serious lecture. It seemed as if Lazar was mocking the entire Area 51/S-4 topic as if he himself didn't believe in it.

I don't think it waas the entire Area51/S-4 topic, I think it was just you and Gary. I could be wrong.

By the way, when Bob Lazar arrived at the seminar (he came with a couple of ladies), we were surprised to see his Corvette which had a license plate "MJ-12". It was probably his mockery of the alleged existence of MJ-12.

Mockery? Alleged?

Thanks for your comments Norio.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Too bad Bob Oechsler isn't around.

Can you just clarify that statement for me, John. I assume that you mean that Bob isn't around on the ATS website, as opposed to Bob is no longer with us ?

[edit on 30-1-2007 by Mogget]

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I will admit that at one time, I too Dismissed Lazar as a disinformation agent. However, I have found some things out since then.

Frankly, now I really don't know what to say about Lazar.

Initially, I was also Skeptical of John Lear, but that was Before I met him on ATS. Talking to John has made me give the whole story a second look.

I only have one unanswered question about Lazar's story that doesn't make sense to me. I know from friends that work at NSA that All Top Secret facilities are Compartmentalized (you can only enter the specific area where you work, and common areas EX: restrooms, cafeterias, main halls etc.)

Based on this, Bob would have only been cleared into the S-4 facility (because he worked there). S-4 is suppoesed to be at Papoose Lake. Therefore he would not have had the "Need-to-Know" required to Enter Groom Lake

If Bob worked at Papoose Lake, Why was he taken to Groom Lake?

If someone could explain this inconsistency, I'll go for it!

Tim

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mogget
Can you just clarify that statement for me, John. I assume that you mean that Bob isn't around on the ATS website, as opposed to Bob is no longer with us ?

I meant that I hadn't heard from Bob for a long time. Maybe 10 years, maybe longer. Bob did the research on Lazar's paycheck and found some really interesting things about the Navy. If he where here he cold explain it all. All I remember is that the social security number and the paycheck and the secret Navy operation that issued the paycheck were found to be real.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost01
If Bob worked at Papoose Lake, Why was he taken to Groom Lake?
If someone could explain this inconsistency, I'll go for it!Tim

I'm not sure what you mean by "being taken to Groom Lake" but I'll assume you mean when he flew up in the Special Projects Boeing 737. He went to Groom Lake first because in those days that was the closest stop for Papoose. It may be different now I don't know.

After landing at Groom he was then taken by bus (about 30 minute ride) to Papoose Lake facililty S-4. Before boarding the bus all passengers had to surrender everything in their pockets and all jewerly including watches.
After their return from Papoose all personal items were returned. I don't know why.

If you are wondering why there is no airport at Papoose Lake I don't know either, but I have never heard of one located there.

If you are wondering why he wasn't taken by helicopter from Groom to
Papoose I don't know that either except it would seem to be an unnecessary expense when a bus does just fine.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   
[/quote:Originally posted by johnlear Please include me with those who believe Bob. I think you should include me because I knew him when he didn't believe in UFO's up to and including yesterday when I got a letter from him commenting on the picture of Aristarchus./quote]
I was wondering how Lazar was and am glad someone here actually got letters of conversation with him thanks for adding your comments john lear.

I would like to hear more about his stories and how you and him met.
I find his story on the verge of believable and disinformation and am intrigued to learn more about his encounters with secret bases and technologies please share more.

questions for john lear, what was your daily life like in the future? what did you do when you woke up every morning and before you went to bed did you have a tv or computer or electricity or house or car? how did you get around or did you stay underground or can you not tell us these things?

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear
After landing at Groom he was then taken by bus (about 30 minute ride) to Papoose Lake facililty S-4. Before boarding the bus all passengers had to surrender everything in their pockets and all jewerly including watches.
After their return from Papoose all personal items were returned. I don't know why.

would it be to stop any sort of bugs, or tracking devices, or any other stuff that could be surveillence equipment.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but aren't pappoose lake and groom lake both inside the borders of the nellis air force range/base thingy?

I was under the impression that while "area-51" and "S4" were different facilities that both were located within nellis which I believe is huuuuggggeeee...technical term. Doesn't it in fact overlap into death valley on the california side or am I thinking of something else?

I for one believe most of bob's story.

I've never met bob personally but I know people who have worked with bob in the past...during the height of his "disclosure" and so I can only relate their take on bob's behavior concerning his seeming to "mock" area 51 and ufo's in general is that Bob himself half the time couldn't believe the situation he was in.

Out of all the things he expected to do with his life, lecturing on the ufo circuit evidently wasn't one of them. Though I suppose that works for just about anybody that gets sucked into this area of research.

And again this isn't my take on bob as I've never had any interaction with him but impressions of those who worked with him.

Then again they were working on ufo documentaries so take that for what it's worth as well.

Personally I haven't seen enough to make me disbelieve him.

IMO of course and as always.

Spiderj

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by megaslayer
questions for john lear, what was your daily life like in the future? what did you do when you woke up every morning and before you went to bed did you have a tv or computer or electricity or house or car? how did you get around or did you stay underground or can you not tell us these things?

Megaslayer, I am not sure what you are talking abot. I have never been in the future. It is possible that you are thinking about John Titor. I don't know John Titor nor do I believe any of his story. All the best, and thanks for the post.

niv

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I'm curious what ever happened to the issue of the disparities in Lazar's educational background. I remember hearing that someone (Stanton Friedman??) found his grades were less than claimed and that he didn't go to the colleges he alleged to have attended. How did Lazar, or his supporters, counter these claims?

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

Originally posted by johnlear
After landing at Groom he was then taken by bus (about 30 minute ride) to Papoose Lake facililty S-4. Before boarding the bus all passengers had to surrender everything in their pockets and all jewerly including watches. After their return from Papoose all personal items were returned. I don't know why.

would it be to stop any sort of bugs, or tracking devices, or any other stuff that could be surveillence equipment.

I believe that the passengers must be weighed after they surrender their personal property, and weighed again before their personal property is returned. This is a fairly standard procedure (used in the precious metal, gemstone and other high-security industries) to ensure that nothing enters nor leaves the facility in a person's possession. The unladen visitor must weigh exactly the same when exiting as when entering the facility, or be able to account accurately for any discrepancy of even a few ounces. Food consumption, bodily excretion, perspiration and so forth (anything that would increase/decrease a visitor's weight while at the facility) would be have to be taken into account, as well.

I would imagine that the least little suspicion would be enough to warrant a strip & cavity search.

But weighing alone does not suffice: For example, an unscrupulous visitor could remove and discard his 3 ounce wristwatch that costs $35 while pocketing 3 ounces of confidential paperwork that may be beyond any monetary value. Which is why personal property must be confiscated before weighing.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity
I believe that the passengers must be weighed after they surrender their personal property, and weighed again before their personal property is returned.

Yes, this was put into effect sometime after Bob left. The true story is that he got a camera in but didn't get it out before he decided not to go back.

Obviously they found it and thats when the weighing in and out started over at S-4.

There are not many people who know where Bob hid the camera at S-4. But I do.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   
utter twaddle

water intake / urination will totally bugger up any weighing attempt

hint - weigh a litre of water
- you drink double that / day

and as an experiment - urinate into an empty mulk carton or other wide neck bottle , most people generate 150 to 250ml / visit - thats upto 8 oz

diuretics [ caffeiene etc ] will skew that

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
utter twaddle

and as an experiment - urinate into an empty mulk carton or other wide neck bottle , most people generate 150 to 250ml / visit - thats upto 8 oz

Thanks for your post ignorant_ape, they are always welcome.

I am not sure whether or not the weigh in program at S-4 is the same as Dulce but at Dulce you are allowed plus or minus 3 pounds before they start questioning.

Again its always a pleasure to get your input ignorant_ape.

Oh, by the way, I never heard from you about my mentioning you on the George Noory show. I was wondering if you got any response from any of the 14 million listeners that heard it?

In case you weren't listening (which I find hard to believe) Richard and I were debating whether or not there was an atmosphere on the moon. Richard made the statement, "There is no atmosphere on the moon." and said "Well you have some very good company in that belief; both Bob Lazar and ignorant_ape agree with you."

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
utter twaddle

I take it that your skepticism is a product of inexperience. Weighing visitors is a common precaution in some higher-security industries — as is vibrating the dirt and dandruff off of visitors at some facilities. I know, the vibrating precaution sounds more absurd than weighing visitors, but the vibrating floor technology has been in use since the 1960s. First time I passed through such a device was in the mid-1970s at a high-security Bell Communications facility, which had lots of other neat security gadgets for the time, including scanning fingerprint ID kiosks (Bell did and does take their security very seriously).

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 1/31/2007 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 04:16 AM
link   

If you are wondering why there is no airport at Papoose Lake I don't know either, but I have never heard of one located there.

An airport at Papoose Lake would presumably draw attention to the fact that there is a facility there. If they want S-4 to be "super secret", then this makes perfect sense.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mogget
An airport at Papoose Lake would presumably draw attention to the fact that there is a facility there. If they want S-4 to be "super secret", then this makes perfect sense.

I though about that too! However, Bob Lazar mantions test flights from S-4. Logic would lead us to say that you need a runway to conduct Test Flights. That is the only reason I raised this question.

Tim

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost01
I though about that too! However, Bob Lazar mantions test flights from S-4. Logic would lead us to say that you need a runway to conduct Test Flights. That is the only reason I raised this question.Tim

Thanks for the laugh Ghost01. I needed that.

The test flights Bob refered to and that were visually simulated on the Lazar Tape were test flights of extraterrestrial flying saucers. Bob witnessed one the these flights just outside the hangar door at S-4. He said in lasted for just a few moments. He said it rose into the air a few feet then went right, then left then landed in the same spot. He said that the man standing next to him was communicating with who ever was flying the saucer (presumably a Navy test pilot) with a hand held tranceiver that was operating in the UHF range. Bob mentioned that he thought that this was a breach of security because anybody with a simple scanner could listen in. I believe that he called Dr. Teller about this fact.

As to needing a runway, flyng saucers don't need runways Ghost01. They can take off straight up. So the runway length needed would be the diameter of the craft. And I think Bob said the diameter of that particular craft was about 50 feet.

Now maybe you thought that S-4 was used for other aircraft that did need a lot of runway like Aurora. The answer is no, S-4 was strictly for the extraterrestrial flying saucer research conducted under the auspices of MJ-12. Dr. Edwin Teller was the head of that particular group.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Sorry JOHN LEAR for mistaking you for the other guy john titor.
I am happy to have you here and welcome to ATS John Lear!
Help us all to fight the ignorance and learn new things.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join