It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG, why, Why, WHY?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   
This may sound corny, but there may be kernel of truth to the legend of
"Rhoda the Red". A ruthless feathered cornstalker.
To date, there is only one witness:

The girl who first crossed that road when she came to it.

This is Heather

"I don't know why, but ever since we moved in, across the street from the egg farm, Rhoda has been following me. I wake up in the morning, there she is, rushing across the highway. I do yard work, she sits there looking at me, I can't figure it out. It's very unnerving."

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Why did the chicken cross the road!

Because he's a dumb animal that was amazed at the giant things that were making strange rumbling noises, so he thought he would greet one one day but to his surprise he died...

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I heard a story once that Ernest Hemingway claimed that the chicken crossed the the road...to die...alone...in the rain.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan

What in the world constitutes a good looking chicken?

Hmmmmm.....

Can anyone say pass the Open Pit BBQ Sauce???

BBQ Chicken, now THAT is some good looking chicken!

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32

BBQ Chicken, now THAT is some good looking chicken!

mmmmmmm BBQ chicken... thanks for making me think of summer Mechanic!

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Because she was sick of being cramped up in a cage all day where she could barely move.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 02:50 AM
link   
According to Hemingway :

"...to die...alone...in the rain."

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 11:24 PM
link   
He maybe running away from the Colonel & wants to go to straight to Kenny Rogers?

How would you like it? Roasted? or fried?

[edit on 4-2-2007 by searching_for_truth]

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
What in the world constitutes a good looking chicken? I guess I would need feathers to figure that out.

i say, i say, boy - you'd have to be a rooster boy ... what i mean to say is that you've got to have both balls AND feathers, boy

hint:

[edit on 2/5/2007 by queenannie38]

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   
She was in her coop with dozens of other chickens. It smelled, and she couldn't go anywhere without stepping in her own feces. She dreamt of a bigger better world. She realized though that there was no hope for a chicken in the world. Not without someone there to feed her, and care for her. She was trapped.

One day, as she was doing her standard egg lay, she heard a commotion outside. Screams!! She dare not step outside to see what had happened. She was scared. Some time passed before looked outside. There, she saw it. It was horrible, a massacre. She found pieces of her family everywhere, and a trail of blood leading to a hole in the fence. What had happened? She dare not stick around to find out, after all, whatever did this could surely come back. And that's the only hole, meaning no escape if the monster should return.

She slowly stepped out through the hole in the fence. She saw which way the blood trail led, and figured it would be a smart idea to go in the other direction. She hadn't been out before, and didn't know what to expect. She heard noises she'd never heard before, and saw things that boggled her itty bitty chicken mind. One thing in particular. There was a piece of hard ground. Not like the dirt she had been walking on before, this was solid, and had a line going down the center. She looked one way, and the ground continued as far as she could see. She looked the other way, and it was the same thing.

She thought to herself, "I could walk that way, but who knows how long that would take. I could walk the other way, but I'd be in the same predicament." Maybe the best route would be to simply cross, to get to the other side.

Then she got hit by a bus.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Why the chicken crossed the road? It thought it could escape getting bird flu of course. Then it got quarantined and mercilessly slaughtered in case it had bird flu.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Ralph Waldo Emerson - It didn't cross the road; it transcended it.

Jack Nicholson - Cause it (censored) wanted to. That's the (censored) reason.

Mark Twain - The news of its crossing has been greatly exaggerated.

Dr Johnson: - Sir, had you known the Chicken for as long as I have, you would not so readily enquire, but feel rather the Need to resist such a public Display of your own lamentable and incorrigible Ignorance.

Karl Marx - It was a historical inevitability.

Jacques Derrida - Any number of contending discourses may be discovered within the act of the chicken crossing the road, andeach interpretation is equally valid as the authorial is DEAD, DAMMIT, DEAD! Any number of contending discourses may be discovered within the act of the chicken crossing the road, and each interpretation is equally valid as the authorial intent can never be discerned, because structuralism is DEAD, DAMMIT, DEAD!

[edit on 5-2-2007 by Agit8dChop]

[edit on 5-2-2007 by Agit8dChop]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join