It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death of the Dictator

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Hmm... how grusome

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by SFRemmy
I find this really disgusting. I don't care how bad of a person he is, to celebrate someone's death like this is just shameless. It seems like they don't care so much about helping Cuba anymore as they do waiting for Fidel to die.

That's probably due to the fact that you have never lived, or experienced a dictatorship...

When fidel dies, it will help Cubans, not sure how much of a change it would be because the dictatroship is very well entrenched in the island and the death of the dictator might not crumble Communism completly, but at least it will give hope for most Cubans in the island, and all Cubans living elsewhere.

The death of fidel castro would be like the discovery of a cure for some disease, that is a fact whether you and others like you like it or not, because castro and others like him are a disease and have caused much death and suffering to their own people when there was no need for such death and suffering.

[edit on 30-1-2007 by Muaddib]

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
If and when Castro dies, should it be celebrated? I don't think thats appropriate to be a state,federal or city sponsored event. When something bad happens to America or Americans , people bitch about it when people in other countries celebrate. If you want to set an example, then one should be above those that you complain about. If not, then expect the same of others.

Whether you like it or not, there are Cubans and Cuban-Americans who live the United States, and many people in power in Miami and other areas are Cubans, or Cuban-Americans...

BTW, the celebration will be for the death of a dictator who brought only death and suffering to a whole nation and has been spreading the same Communist agenda to other countries...

These people will not be celebrating the destruction of "any cities and people".... they will celebrate the death of a disease of a human being.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
And that's it right there.

If Bush died tomorrow, and the international community celebrated, Would Americans be ticked off? I would think so. They have no right to celebrate the death of any man, no matter what their opinion. If Cubans wish to celebrate, so be it. But I wish they would not make such a public spectacle of it.

The main difference there, is that most Cubans will welcome the death of the dictator, the Communist regime will probably make staged events trying to show Cubans are mourning, but those are only "staged events".... only those people who have lived, or live in Cuba know that every event is orginized by the government, "staged", people including children from nearby schools are herded to those events, and they lose jobs, and are harrased for not attending the events staged by the Communist dictatorship.

Next time when you see a picture or video of a "cuban demonstration" and you see people with Cuban flags and other paraphernalia used for such events, think that these are people who earn very few dollars/pesos and have to ration what they buy...

You think Cubans want to spend any money buying flags and other paraphernalia used in the anti-U.S. and other events the Cuban government promotes?....

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
Keep in mind many European Countries do not view Cuba as we do. They do not block trade or tourists from visiting Cuba. Its still a tourist destination for many countries who get along just fine with the Cuban government.

Yeah....we also know about the "bright idea" of some European governments to nominate castro for "the nobel peace prize", when it is obvious they have no idea what is going on over there, and if they do know is because they enjoy the prostitution and corruption that Communism brought to the island and the Cuban people...

I am sure there are many "tourists' who don't want the end of the cheap "prostitution, even of minors" and overall corruption that plagues the island where tourists can buy anything, including any minors they might desire" just by waving some euros, Cuban pesos, or dollars.....

Yes, Cuba is a paradise for the corrupt "tourists", and even the no so corrupt tourists, but it is hell for most Cubans...

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Where do I sign up for the T-shirt? I want 10 of them.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite8
Where do I sign up for the T-shirt? I want 10 of them.

it's a money making idea, they should sell quite well given the popularity of castro or I mean his death.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I am sorry I don't care what the reasoning is to justify it... to put on a public celebration of the death of someone, dictator or not, is profoundly tacky. Save the celebration for when the remaining status quo is overthrown and a new authority is established.

It was in equally bad form to have heckled Saddam at the moment of his death. Silence and a prayer for mercy is always the best response in the presence of death, no matter who it is.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I have to agree with grover and chissler and the others who have said how tacky, grusome, whatever, it would be of us, as a country, to pay for some kind of 'Yay Castro's Dead' party.

Those of you who think it's a good idea: have you really taken a step back, from your dislike or hatred of the man, really about what you're advocating?

If you're religious, what would your God think of this?

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   
A moment of silence, then, for a man who loved dogs, was a vegetarian, and liked to paint in his youth. Adolf Hitler.

It is impossible to respect a creature that urged the Russians to launch nuclear missles against the U.S. during the missile crisis, who tortures political prisoners in a way that make Abu Gharib seem like kindergarden, who holds power by brutally crushing dissent at a nieghborhood level and has driven desperate people to risk being eaten by sharks in home made rafts to escape his perverse tyranny.

To celebrate the death of such evil is not only right, it's mandatory.

His apologists on the left in this thread could learn a thing or two by visiting www.therealcuba.com

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by SFRemmyIt seems like they don't care so much about helping Cuba anymore as they do waiting for Fidel to die.

Yeah, damn those cubans in miami, they don't care about cubans.

Why shouldn't they celebrate the death of a guy that took over their country, installed a military dictatorship, and then said 'it's all in your own best interests'??

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   
And let's not forget the reasons Fidel Castro got into power in the first place.

Nosireeeeeebob, nuthin to do with corrupt US officialdom and it being a haven for US organised crime bosses

Many Cubans may have stayed in Cuba if it hadn't been for the childish American blockade and decades of sanctions cutting of commerce. America helped make Cuba the place it became and is right now. I just hope that when Castro is gone, the same organised crime elements and corrupt US officials don't get their greasy paws on the place again.
It'll probably just become another tacky holiday destination and cheap labour source for a few big corporations. I'm sure with Castro's demise the US will again show it's concern for the welfare of the Cuban people

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Why shouldn't they celebrate the death of a guy that took over their country, installed a military dictatorship, and then said 'it's all in your own best interests'??

Because it makes them as bad as he was.

Look, I'm not saying if he was good or bad, I don't know. What I'm saying is, it is disgusting for any one human to celebrate the death of another, but we let it slide in the case of executions, when some guy kills your mother or something. But for one nation, one with all these nice ideas about itself, to celebrate another leader's death? Even worse, and inexcusable.

I don't care what the Cuban-Americans do with their own money, just don't use any of ours for your little death party.

Don't we already look bad enough?

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by HarlemHottie
Because it makes them as bad as he was.

I disagree. If they were running into cuba to install a new dicatorship, then they'd be as bad as him.

What I'm saying is, it is disgusting for any one human to celebrate the death of another,

I think that in the case of criminals and dictators, its understandable. If milwaukee or Buffalo was holding these celebrations, I'd think 'what the heck do you guys even care for'. But Miami? I'd say its the one city that has the right, as a collective city.

[edit on 30-1-2007 by Nygdan]

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
Many Cubans may have stayed in Cuba if it hadn't been for the childish American blockade and decades of sanctions cutting of commerce.

Yah maybe we wouldn't have blocaded him if he didn't threaten to nuke us. Or all the cubans that suffered under his regime and had to risk getting eaten by sharks or being shot trying to get to America. Then maybe we wouldn't be celebrating his death

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
You are missing the point Spinstopshere.

Read that bit again. If the ridiculous US blockade and equally ridiculous sanctions had not been in place then the Cubans might have had an easier life the last few decades and would not have had to dodge the sharks to get to the USA. They'd have had a better standard of living in the first place.

The Cubans did not threaten to Nuke the US, neither did the Russians for that matter. If you refer to the Russian missiles stationed there then it was equally threatening of the US to station nuclear weapons in Europe, thereby threatening the Russians, which is why the whole saga of the Cuban missile crisis kicked off in the first place. Petty tinpot politicians on both sides seeing who could piss the farthest, as they always do

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   

[Look, I'm not saying if he was good or bad, I don't know.

I'm sorry, that statement is a cowardly cop-out. If you want to make an argument for the "good" things Castro is responsible for, go ahead and make it, this is not a test in moral ambiguity.

He is evil, a murderer and despot.

The end of such monsters should be celebrated. It is pre-school "let's all get along" that ignores deeds and judgement.

Deny ignorance!

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I equally find this disgusting...you just should not celebrate someones death in that fasion...its one thing to party to celebrate ones life, but this is just plane wrong. It does not matter how bad a dictator he was...mark my words this will bring bad Karma to miami.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   
"Ridiculous US blockade"? Now I've heard everything.

I think we are all missing the point. I don't think it's so much a celebration of death as it is a celebration of him being out of power. If he were overthrown you would see a celebration also.

The point is that Cuba is closer to liberation. That is something to celebrate.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Well, there are appearantly also Cubans who are about to mourn the death of Castro. I don't wanna defend this guy, since his regime has been very repressive, but a anti-Castros should come clean and admit their pro-capitalistic leanings and stop talking about "freedom" and whatever... then we would have honest political debates between intelligent people rather than political puppets.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join