It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

"Super-Suit" Aimed to Give Super Powers

page: 1
3
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   

New Exoskeleton Will Give Soldiers
Super-Human Power





Pentagon to Develop Super-Suits

A nanotechnologist in Texas has come up with a way of producing a super-fabric with 100 times the strength of human muscle. The Pentagon now wants him to develop a super-suit for its soldiers.

The Pentagon is hoping that a new type of suit will give its soldiers super-human powers. It would be made from a newly developed super-strong but super-lightweight fabric that could stop bullets and increase the soldiers muscle power up to a hundredfold.

Is William Henry Correct?

Is this not similar to the "cloak of the Illuminatti" that William Henry has spoke so much of? It seems to me that with science experimenting with "invisibility" and such, we are headed towards a very bizarre worldview indeed.

If science is able to do some of the things it is currently claiming, then it is time to reconstruct preconceived notions of science,religion and reality itself.




posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
isn't funny how they are always making these good toys and things, but supposedly they never give them to there soldiers in war. soldiers uniforms and kits are still pretty basic still.

doubt its the money side because america is so rich.



posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Imagine that suit in the hands of a bully, mugger or rapist etc...


Amplifing a mans strength by up to a hundred fold?? Hmmm, any more info like pics or links?



posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Andy,I suppose they are waiting for a coming "Major Event." I am sure that when "all hell breaks loose" America will start dredging these weapons out.. I imagine that the world will indeed be in awe when the ball gets to rolling. That is just my opinion.



posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zenem
Imagine that suit in the hands of a bully, mugger or rapist etc...


Amplifing a mans strength by up to a hundred fold?? Hmmm, any more info like pics or links?


It's scary enough to imagine it in the possession of our government... We don't really need to imagine any other boogie men in my opinion.



posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Took me a few minutes to find the Institute that Baughman works for, but these are the carbon nanotubes that scientists have been working with for quite a while to develop into fabric. It's been speculated for some time that these will revolutionize the world as we know it; it's also theorized that it should be able to accomplish goals as far fetched as a Space Elevator.

www.nanotech.utdallas.edu...



posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Yeh Yeh Yeh , but can it make you invisible ?
Forward to 18 mins in the video & check out the invisibility material.



posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I have visions of the Greatest American Hero, when I think about a suit like this, where the user has special power, but isn't sure how to operate them because the instruction manual is missing.



posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
FWIW, it reminds me of Heinlein's Starship Troopers.

Indeed though, why are they even bothering with this? It will be decades upon decades before there'll ever be an issue of these things to troops in the field. Seems we'd be better off at putting all our resources on making stuff that can be deployed cheaply today, rather than later.



posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   
It's going to be interesting to see how all of this pans out. I suspect that such weaponry will only be used in a have to case, but that scenario seems to be approaching for the United States.



posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

New Exoskeleton Will Give Soldiers
Super-Human Power





Pentagon to Develop Super-Suits

A nanotechnologist in Texas has come up with a way of producing a super-fabric with 100 times the strength of human muscle. The Pentagon now wants him to develop a super-suit for its soldiers.

The Pentagon is hoping that a new type of suit will give its soldiers super-human powers. It would be made from a newly developed super-strong but super-lightweight fabric that could stop bullets and increase the soldiers muscle power up to a hundredfold.

Is William Henry Correct?

Is this not similar to the "cloak of the Illuminatti" that William Henry has spoke so much of? It seems to me that with science experimenting with "invisibility" and such, we are headed towards a very bizarre worldview indeed.

If science is able to do some of the things it is currently claiming, then it is time to reconstruct preconceived notions of science,religion and reality itself.


They are just talking about a stronger version of the TASC suits.



posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluesquareapple
Took me a few minutes to find the Institute that Baughman works for, but these are the carbon nanotubes that scientists have been working with for quite a while to develop into fabric. It's been speculated for some time that these will revolutionize the world as we know it; it's also theorized that it should be able to accomplish goals as far fetched as a Space Elevator.

www.nanotech.utdallas.edu...


Funny, I could go ask him, since I'm at this school.



posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
It was only time before Starship Troopers really happened. The black market value of these suits is going to be astronomical.



posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
The creator of Metal Gear Solid studied the technology that will be developed in the near future and incorporated it into the game. He already designed soldiers using nano-bots, cloaking technology, mechas, body armor that is as thin as paper, goes on like liquid, but can be as hard as steel when given electrical pulses. The man is a genius.



posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by JamesMcMahn


They are just talking about a stronger version of the TASC suits.


Yeah, but there's another thread on ATS somewhere that addressed the recent "invisibility" cloak, or whatever the government has been working on.



posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Can anyone say Iron Man?



posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Originally posted by JamesMcMahn


They are just talking about a stronger version of the TASC suits.


Yeah, but there's another thread on ATS somewhere that addressed the recent "invisibility" cloak, or whatever the government has been working on.


What does that have to do with TASC suits?



posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by JamesMcMahn

What does that have to do with TASC suits?


Easy.. They are both bizarre.



posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
This may not be real, but its based on using a nanosuit, and I hope this help provide a view to what the future COULD look like using a nanosuit on a battlefield.












posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Delta, yeah, the implications of it are quite amazing indeed. I think that it's the implications of this suit that many are not catching.



new topics

top topics



 
3
<<   2 >>

log in

join