It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free Hugs Campaign

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Free Hugs Campaign
Free hugs is a real life controversial story of Juan Mann, A man whos sole mission was to reach out and hug a stranger to brighten up their lives.

In this age of social disconnectivity and lack of human contact, the effects of the Free Hugs campaign became phenomenal.

As this symbol of human hope spread accross the city, police and officials ordered the Free Hugs campaign BANNED. What we then witness is the true spirit of humanity come together in what can only be described as awe inspiring.

In the Spirit of the free hugs campaign, PASS THIS TO A FRIEND and HUG A STRANGER! After all, If you can reach just one person

What a heart warming idea, hats off to Juan Mann the original Free Hugs man himself!

*hugs*

[edit on 29-1-2007 by UK Wizard]

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Just when you think the whole world has gone to hell in a hand basket.... some extraordinary person comes along to brighten and warm the hearts of people. It makes you take a step back and marvel at such a thing doesn’t it? There really are kind and decent people left in the world.

Hugs right back at you…hugs for all

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
It's not THAT innovative.

I started my own Free Spooning campaign here on ATS some time ago. Women embraced it, but it never really took off with men. What's wrong with a couple grown men spooning?

I think it would end all wars.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander
It's not THAT innovative.

I started my own Free Spooning campaign here on ATS some time ago. Women embraced it, but it never really took off with men. What's wrong with a couple grown men spooning?

I think it would end all wars.

Okay, maybe it not such an original idea, however it’s certainly better than other forms of interaction you see out there in the world today. That middle finger salutation is all to common now a days. Where is this spooning campaign of yours? I should like to embrace it

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   

What's wrong with a couple grown men spooning?

I could maybe be forced into spooning with a guy, at gunpoint. But no forking!!!

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jensouth31
Where is this spooning campaign of yours? I should like to embrace it

Well, advanced lessons are available. The GrandMaster of Spooning lives very close to you.

Wait...that's me.

(Yeah, I know. It's a dying campaign. Maybe it's my commitment.)

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I always thought this video was great. I'll see if I can find it, but at one time I had an interview from Juan Mann about this video, and the idea behind it.

I still watch that video from time to time when I'm feeling down. It always draws a smile.

ZZ, Most men indeed do not seem to be very into the whole "spooning with men" thing. It's an idea ahead of its time, me thinks.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Well, advanced lessons are available. The GrandMaster of Spooning lives very close to you.

Wait...that's me.

(Yeah, I know. It's a dying campaign. Maybe it's my commitment.)

I can't think of anyone better than a Grandmaster to give me lessons! All the sudden... I just fill quite flushed in the face. What a lovely feeling
Don’t let your campaign commitment die

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   

All the sudden... I just fill quite flushed in the face. What a lovely feeling

I bolded one word of your reply. Freudian no doubt.

Niteboy - I feel your right, it's ahead of it's time.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Oh darn that subconscious “mind” of mine! Anyhow, you know what they say Zedd…. “Why mess with the rest when you can have the Grand master best”

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Oh darn that subconscious “mind” of mine! Anyhow, you know what they say Zedd…. “Why mess with the rest when you can have the Grand master best”

That deserves a Al Pachino "Hoo-yah!"

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Just when you think the whole world has gone to hell in a hand basket.... some extraordinary person comes along to brighten and warm the hearts of people. It makes you take a step back and marvel at such a thing doesn’t it? There really are kind and decent people left in the world.

I second that Jen...

First time I've ever seen that, and I'm wiping away tears.

I feel like such a twit...
...but that made my day.

Thanks you guys!

*hugs*!

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 11:52 PM
link   

That deserves a Al Pachino "Hoo-yah!"

Hoo-yahs can't be beat! Now on with the spooning, I'm getting impatient :bnghd:

You're a real sport Zedd, thanks for playing along

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I picked up a couple of free hugs around Christmas. I wasn't sure it was something I should really talk about, even though I didn't know I'd broken a law.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I can spoon
, unfortunatley my tribal culture beliefs forbid me to spoon with men so I can only accommodate the ladies, I know its a shame but we all have our problems.

[edit on 30-1-2007 by Selmer2]

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Sneaks up behind Jen and gives her big ol' hug.

Hehe.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I think the Free Hugs initiative is a great idea. I had authored a thread on the subject in the Social Issues forum a few months ago.

Free Hugs

I put it in the Social Issues forum because I was frustrated with the criticisms and the scrutiny the fan was facing from strangers who thought the man had some sort of agenda. Having the police called was a little unnecessary.

They do not ask anyone specifically for a hug. They merely offer the opportunity for anyone who is interested. They offer their service free of charge and have a no purchase necessary policy in effect.

Great Idea.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Just don't tickle me
Sneaking up...... that usually involves a tickle in the ribs!

Originally posted by gimmefootball400
Sneaks up behind Jen and gives her big ol' hug

Hehe.

I remember that thread chiss, as I recall, someone was trying to make a big deal out of the hugs, like the guys was upto no good right? I could see that being a worry if he were out offering hugs to little boys and girls, and sneaking around the school-yard. However, that wasn't the case at all as I recall. I hope all turned out well for that fellow

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Oh I hear you. I was so down but seeing this video really perked me up.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Wow this is an old thread, but my thoughts on the matter still stand...
[[[[ Hugs ]]]]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join