It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is an ongoing UFO wave, (sky watch project starting today till next Monday)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I know I should have reported the different sighting I saw in the past years but I only reported one time to NUFORC.

Your suggestions are good.

This goes to show how people don't report there sightings and/or experiences.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Thanks for the reply Johnny Anonymous. I really am impressed that this thread has taken notice by people who have contributed much to the UFO community.

I really do appreciate all the pointers on how to film one of these. I mean days back, I was just running on pure adrenaline as I tried my best to capture that one UFO. But at least I did something right, I reported the sighting

So going back to the whole UFO watch, I bet that if enough people keep their cameras/camcorders handy this weekend they will catch a UFO. I have a really good feeling that someone is going to catch a really good film/pic of a UFO this weekend. Please, Please, Please, if you are reading this post, Please be sure to take time to sky watch this weekend.

If you are living in an area where the sky is clear, during the day, be sure to look at the blue sky and look for the floating spheres. These are metallic; they usually stand solo, and mostly are motionless in the sky (people in Long Beach California have the highest odds of seeing one). If you are in an area with overcast, you might still want to go out for a bit and see what you can catch.

foffstar, thanks for the pics. I don’t know what the dot in the photo is, but thanks for sending it. And thanks for staying put and helping in the watch.

Observer50, good job at keeping watch. Keep the good work; just make sure that you have that camera handy for the next time something like that comes up. You seem to be really interested in making some progress and I applaud you on that.

PS. We might be getting visitations from the Flying Triangles soon. Please be sure to keep your eyes open for these. Also, the ballpark sized Saucers.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   
The sphere UFOs apparently are starting to appear. I took this from another thread, but look at them, and know that these are the ones that I was talking about. Sphere UFO

This looks like a night time sighting. I have never seen one of these spheres at night, but there it is. I guess you can look for them at night as well.

[edit on 2-2-2007 by The Coward]

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I'd also like to offer an alternative side 'option' to your project that you may or may not have considered. (Attention: the following is pertinent more for those that own camcorders. Although, some of the newer digital cameras do have the option to snap a photo on a timed schedule/interval, please refer to your owners manual if you are capable of doing so).

Although I spend many hours of the week in my various projects I find that I need a clone to do a lot of them for me.. Since this so far is not a public reality, I've had to modify at times how I process and squeeze more time at various time slots. Since I own a fairly large selection of cameras and camcorders I've learned that i can utilize these and still work on other areas. Now I realize that not everyone has the capacity to have/own multiple 'recording' devices but this can also work and hold true for those that only own/have one piece of equipment. The process is so simple that many overlook implementing this advantage.

All one needs to do is set the camcorder up in a weather-protected area (could also be indoors) and aimed at a possible good venue/area, focus to infinity and just let it record unattended. You can then go about your normal daily or nitely routine and review the tape at your convenience. When the tape runs out you can simply pop another one in and hit record again with the fresh tape.

This actually works out quite well as you'll be able to review the tape unhindered by distractions and a small viewscreen (if viewed then on to a large monitor or TV). When an area appears to have something of interest you can note the time/frame and transfer that event to your PC for further analysis. The objects in question will be in their original time/speed/trajectory with no shake and/or human hindrances/influences. It will also give you a great deal to compare against an actual sighting with all the air-traffic, birds and bugs that will fly by. And most importantly, you have created an opportunity for capture without your having to stand nearby and search for something.

Is this a needle in the haystack method of capturing an event? Well maybe, but the more time you have recorded, the better your chances of actually getting something. I use this method at times with four camcorders all pointing in opposite directions (South,East,North,West) and at the same 'arc'. In other episodes, Ive aimed the four at a specific area but just slightly off kelter so that they overlap one another (slightly) to increase the area of interest. This has allowed me to capture an event on more than one camcorder as it sometimes will travel in and out of view on one camcorder only to be picked up on another camcorder as the object moves along it's trajectory path.

Again... just because you may only have one camcorder doesn't mean that you can't squeeze more observation time out of it... all you need is a few extra tapes to make this work... And if you are lucky enough to capture something, set the camcorder exactly where it was previously so that you might capture an event again the following day/nite at around the same time. If you do this, make sure to start your recording at least a half hour to an hour before the previous capture, this is because we don't really know what kind of schedule is followed by whomever is making their presence known (terrestrial or other) and wouldn't you hate to miss something by just a few minutes?

With regards to the report.. whether or not you actually follow thru and report an event is entirely up to you (of course we in the community hope you will), but more importantly the report is for you and whoever you decide to share the capture with. It keeps the story straight (and honest), and there won't be any skeptics that can call you on something that is slightly different from your original quotes and statements regarding your capture... And we all have a tendency to possibly embellish a bit or change our story each time we tell it (as this is human nature to make something interesting), and so this prevent this from happening as it remains consistent.

You can just right click that report jpeg I placed here on the thread and print it out so you can have it nearby.

Good luck with your project, I await eagerly your results!

[edit on 2-2-2007 by JohnnyAnonymous]

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I just lost my post.

We need to continue this watch longer. Who ever has the time should do whatever they can to keep this going.

I wrote on another thread that there is plate slippage going on in the Cascadia area and now they have added British Columbia. There are saying if a quake hits this area it could be worst them Sumatra. The Scientist are watching this closely.

You can go to:

www.iris.edu...

Hit where it says headlines under the map. I wonder if activity is picking up because something major is going to happen in that area.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Did anyone notice all the quakes are above 4 and up to 6 on the scale??
No small ones and 6 is getting pretty strong....
Usually there are lots f 2s and 3s but fewer 4s and up
this is strong activity in my experience.....

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   
i will see what i can get, but its snowing and like 9 degrees outside, so i wont be out long.
has anyone seen or heard about ufos in Northumberland County PA? Near packard island? (where the west branch and north branch of the susquehanna river split(im not going any deeper)

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by bergle
Did anyone notice all the quakes are above 4 and up to 6 on the scale??
No small ones and 6 is getting pretty strong....
Usually there are lots f 2s and 3s but fewer 4s and up
this is strong activity in my experience.....

There have been a few strong quakes, yes, but no more than usual. I monitor them every day since that scare we had late last year

That being said, however, there is a quake warning out that i saw posted somewhere. If i can find it i will dig it up. A plate is on the move, just can't remember which one.

EDIT: It was in this topic

I wrote on another thread that there is plate slippage going on in the Cascadia area and now they have added British Columbia. There are saying if a quake hits this area it could be worst them Sumatra. The Scientist are watching this closely.

You can go to:

www.iris.edu...

Hit where it says headlines under the map. I wonder if activity is picking up because something major is going to happen in that area.

[edit on 2-2-2007 by fooffstarr]

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Yes, I wrote that.

I just started a new thread because I taken back a little. You would think that this would be reported in the news but I have not heard anything and I usually always have the news on.

Is this not being reported because even though they are alerting and putting out warnings to the first responders they don't want to panic the people.

Sorry but I think there are ways to warn people without putting them in a panic.

I am curious if any of our members in these area's can let us know what is going on as far as being informed. I think our members should also keep an eye to the skies with there camera's because this might be a good opportunity to catch something.

There probably is a good possibility nothing will happen and lets hope it's a false alarm but it does pay to be prepared even if there is the slightest chance.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   
For those who have a little more money #

THE SOLUTION

In order to get on average approximately one observation of a UFO in a year of observing, we need about 1000 observation stations.

It would be nice to monitor at each station all the different fields and radiations of Physics:

Gravitational field,

Electric field,
Magnetic field,
Particle emissions (electron, neutrino, neutron, muon, pion, etc),
Electromagnetic Waves (radio, infra-red, optical, ultra-violet, X-ray, and Gamma-ray)

Needless to say this would cost $£1000s

Information costs money. If people want to know whether we are being visited by extra-terrestrial spaceships, they will have to pay to find out.

Keep up the good work guy's and the best of luck

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
What the hay is a magnetometer good for?
I know that the Canadian Wilber Smith used one of these in UFO detection in the fifties with some success.(at least it is my impression it was instrumental in detection according to Smiths own words...)
Are they relatively cheap now?
I understand that overflights by aircraft equipped with such a device can show mineral deposits in the ground below...
Just a thought, but i also know these readings are public property....in canada,
Perhaps a check of these olds readings may show up UFO activity in the past.....when co-ordinated with UFO reports for the regions and times???

Should be fairly simple to program the comparison no?A pc could do the work....???

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by bergle

Should be fairly simple to program the comparison no?A pc could do the work....???

Perfectly simple try it out, but don't give up ur day job as these things can be addictive

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 04:53 AM
link   
You can count me in as here in Manchester (where I have seen 2 low flying ET craft from my bedroom window) we have really clear skies ATM,

plus I got a nice SLR Camera so , no Grainy blurry photoes from me sir!

video equipment plus binoccs

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Radekus
What's gonna happen now?

Back to the present, it's really gonna get interesting. Since a/or more than one nuclear bomb is gonna be detonated in the US, a state of emergency is going to be declared. Now, if you followed all those laws W Bush was
signing in, you'd notice that they give him dictatorial powers.
Fema will start to deport selected people into "residential" centres,
usually dissenters who are against the war, those who are part
of anti-nwo militia will be the first to be executed. A civil war will erupt
out of this. How do I know? Logic, pure and simple logic. And some
evidence I looked at during the many years I spent educating myself
on the internet. You'll ask me what evidence. You can find it here on ats even. You don't really think all those 800+ concentration camps and new "non"-lethal weapons are destined for ennemies in foreign countries now do you? They're ment for YOU.

I came to the same conclusion, and I think its going to happen next year. We'll see...

[edit on 2/4/0707 by Dirkadirkastani]

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I live in central Florida and I was shocked to see the Earthquake in Cuba.

I was looking at my dogs bowl of water and the water in the bowl was shaking a little.
I wonder if this is from the quake.

By the way, I have a Canon digital camera, is this good enough to film UFO's?

It also will take short video.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I'm trying to get pictures now . I took some regular and then I tried to take a movie I was all over the place so I tried using s candle holder to hold it and it was to low now I am trying with a tall vase so it doesn't move lol, I am sure if I do get anything it will be crappy. I am just learning so......... I will have my grandson check after the Super Bowl or tomorrow and see if I got anything and if I did I will see if he can post it. If nothing looks good I will attempt again tomorrow evening.

I'm trying.

[edit on 4-2-2007 by observe50]

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Does anyone know of a website that would list ufo sightings in urban areas? I live in Naperville, Illinois a suburb of Chicago. It would be nice to see sighting reports in my area. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fallacy
Does anyone know of a website that would list ufo sightings in urban areas? I live in Naperville, Illinois a suburb of Chicago. It would be nice to see sighting reports in my area. Thanks.

If they've been reported then probably you would find them here:

www.nuforc.org...

www.nationalufocenter.com...

Of course there are numerous websites that also take sightings that may not have been actually reported such as:

www.ufocasebook.com...

www.hbccufo.org...

Hope this helps a bit...

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I love the theme of this thread. I have to say I am impressed with the written check list idea. I think a way to help the cause is remain consistant. Anyone who sees a UFO should definately use this form!

About the camera stuff --the key is to have someone in this world get moving pictures of one of these babies on a TRIPOD. I know it has allready been said, but good gravey folks, use a tree or something. Setting your camera on the ground pointed to the sky would have done more good. Also, FRAME OF REFERENCE. At least get the Horizon in there. Pan out, move, do whatever. ZOOM, I would rather not even see zoom, as it distorts the image more than it makes it visable.

The Coward, thanks for starting this thread. Looks like quite a response thus far. Allthough I am skeptical of your intentions of starting it and then magically having a tape on mere few posts later --stranger things have happened.

A question for us all -- Do you think that WANTING to see somehting actually makes you see it ( and not in your head? --as in you created an object the collective consions could see?) Do you think it possible that you willed this object into manifestation for all to see, and then it disappeared when your focus on the object ( running upstairs ) was gone? --maybe this is a new thread?
ak

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by akdivine

A question for us all -- Do you think that WANTING to see somehting actually makes you see it ( and not in your head? --as in you created an object the collective consions could see?) Do you think it possible that you willed this object into manifestation for all to see, and then it disappeared when your focus on the object ( running upstairs ) was gone? --maybe this is a new thread?
ak

Yes, I believe that the mind has power. That it attracts things (events) be negative or positive. This works well for some people. In my case, I was not wishing for the UFO to appear right there and then. It just happened.
I really don't think it was my thoughts that brought that particular UFO. It really was Luck. Now, I have been watching the skies here in Orlando for the past few days now, my mind has not been to focused on positive thinking because of other reasons. Also, the sky has been gray for about 4 days straight, it has me on a negative state of mind. As soon as the sky clears up a bit, I will be conducting a positive thought experiment.

I really do have a good feeling that something big is about to happen. We should really start looking for UFOs now, more than ever. I know that the experiment was supposed to last until today, but I feel that we might hit it big if we take this whole month to scan the skies.

People of California, (Long Beach in particular) be on the lookout for the spherical UFO. There might be great sightings around that area. It might sound crazy, but I remember seeing them on more than one occasion when i lived there.

PS. Use positive thinking to attract UfOs. I am telling you, this is key.

[edit on 5-2-2007 by The Coward]

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join