It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is an ongoing UFO wave, (sky watch project starting today till next Monday)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Same UFO another horrible quality picture.

The inability for anyone to snap or capture an image of halfway decent quality is even more amazing that extraterrestrials.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by kronos11

Originally posted by observe50
It's funny when I got in the car to run to the store I looked at the clock and it was 5:50 also. What I saw was bright white and stationary until I got home which took me about 20 or so. When I got to my room and looked out I noticed it started to move off slowly to the southwest and change colors. I am going to check tonight and see if it happens again and if so I will try to get my grandson's camera unfortunately I don't know how to do all the fancy stuff but he does.

I am getting a gut feeling that something is up.

Man I've been seeing that exact same light in the sky here in Denver - it appears over the mountatins to the Southeast at dusk, very bright, and just hangs in the sky. Looks too bright and close to be a star - also not in the right position. Both times I've seen it last week and then we I go out to check on it again by 7 it's gone???

I saw the same thing a few days ago. I live in Florida and I was on the way from picking my son up from the sitter and it was a clear blue sky and I saw a shinny bright silver looking circle in the sky just hanging there and it was plain as day and not moving at all.I turned of the hwy. to go down my street headed home and I was going to pull off in the neighborhood to get a better look and I looked everywhere and it was gone. I know it was not a plane because it was not moving at all and it shined like a silver star. It was weird.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mainer
Same UFO another horrible quality picture.

The inability for anyone to snap or capture an image of halfway decent quality is even more amazing that extraterrestrials.

Yeah... True, but let me see you try any better. Quit criticizing and go and try and get a UFO on tape. As long as we try to get really good pics, that is what is trying to be done here. That is what the sky watch is all about. Being ready and trying to catch the best pic of a UFO.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Coward

*Equipment you will need.*

1. Camera/Camcorder please include a tripod.

2. Binoculares if you have them.

3. Lasers (please note, point them next to UFO not at them directly and Never point them at planes), high powered flash lights, you can use these as a Morse code. Flash the skies in a controlled and repeated manner.

4. Compass, these can be used to know the directions the ships are, and in some cases will go berserk if there is a UFO near by. If that happens, be ready for anything.

5. A voice recorder/Note pad and pencil. Try and take accurate information of sighting.

This is a minimum requirement list; bring anything that might increase your chances to spot a UFO.

[edit on 29-1-2007 by The Coward]

I am newer to ATS, but have been wanting more info on searching for UFOs. It amazes me that so many people seem to be able to go out looking for them and ACTUALLY FIND them and yet still only get crap dots in the sky for pictures and video.

That being said, if I were going to seriously do this I would love to hear what kind of video camera I should buy for it.
1) What's the best zoom I can expect?
2) Can you get infrared capability on them?
3) I hear the mention of motion sensors on the cams, but how far from the camera do they look for motion?
4) Suggested models to check out at different price ranges?

What about areas?
1) If you live in the city, will it be harder to capture anything due to light pollution?
2) Is it worth sitting outside for this anywhere, or only if you live in these locals?
3) Clear nights and days only (no clouds)?

Seems like there would be a sticky with info of this sort on ATS.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mainer

There's quite a few actually that seem to be pretty good quality, whether or not they're real I guess can never be certain unless you were there, no matter how good the pic...

www.ufocasebook.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miah

That being said, if I were going to seriously do this I would love to hear what kind of video camera I should buy for it.
1) What's the best zoom I can expect?

4) Suggested models to check out at different price ranges?

Seems like there would be a sticky with info of this sort on ATS.

I am no expert. But if you have a regular camcorder find out if it is compatible with this Lens

I have one of these and it fits most Sony camcorders. You will have to search for a telephoto lens that fits your type of camera. They have all sorts of these types of lenses that fit most cameras and camcorders.
They are not expensive and work well. Check on eBay and you will find them at lest cost.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   
For people who live in the city. You have equal chances of seeing a UFO. You just have to look up and wait. I have noticed that in the City, people mostly encounter the spherical UFO. Most of these are probably balloons, but there have been some pictures, that clearly show metallic spheres. These were what in the 30's and 40's were known as the Foo-fighters. They are also seen as blotches of light.

These UFO, in my opinion, are the best UFO to catch on film. They usually stand still for minutes or hours. If you happen to see one of these, get your camera/camcorder and mount it on your tripod. You might have plenty of time to catch this type of UFO on film.

But the thing with these UFO is that you have to watch very carefully. They mostly appear in the blue sky. Morning or noon hours are prime for them to hang around. They are usually thousands of feet in the air. I used to see these when I was small. But now I live in Florida, and have not had much luck seeing one. The very last time I saw one was in Long Beach California.

Correction: Yes now that I remember I captured one of these blotches of light in my back yard in Florida about two years ago. I still have the pics too

[edit on 31-1-2007 by The Coward]

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Personally I'd go for a 10+ megapixel high speed system camera with a $800 zoom lens and tripod. It'd be optimal (even outperforming the best videocamera), but it's kinda expensive...

As for regular cameras they too can be outfitted with powerful zoom lenses. Just get some old camera that supports switchable lenses, get a zoom lens and tripod, load the camera with some high grain, light sensitive film and you're good to go.

And people... TRIPODS for everything! Tripods tripods tripods!

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Guess my 5 buck Walmart camera won't do it j/k Actually I don't own a camera.

They are out there spraying the chemtrails like crazy right now I can only hope it doesn't cover the sky completely, only 1 hr. to go.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Remember that when taking photo's or movies of the night sky, you can still get great results using only a low quality video cam or camera because such cam's only record the brightest lights out there where they CANNOT even record the moon or stars because those things are not even bright enough to show up on images captured/recorded with such cams. (if you don't believe me, try it for yourself and you will see that I am speaking the truth).

In other words, if any bright lights show up when recording with a low quality digital video or camera (when you are simply directing the cam at a night sky showing the moon and some stars) then you can be quite certain that those bright lights are not of the moon or the stars up there ... nor would they even be lights from any kind of plane because such cam's cannot capture those lights emanating from such objects because they simply are not bright enough for such cam's to capture. In other words, the low quality cam is not powerful enough to capture even the light coming off the moon, stars or even planes.

The only kind of lights such cam's will capture are the very,very bright one's and there have been many cases of people capturing such lights shown in various formations where sometimes they are not even seen with the naked eye while recording the photo or video where they only show up after viewing those same photo's after they were recorded.

There are cases when ufo's have showed up in such images taken with low quality cam's.

These are facts that I've mentioned above and are not up for debate. Once again, if you have a hard time 'believing' what I was saying in my above paragraphs, I invite you to go ahead and try taking a photo of the moon and or the stars or a plane flying off into the distance in the night sky with your low quality cam and I can guarantee that all you will get is a pitch black photograph.

But if some bright lights in some kind of a formation show up in such photographs -- then they are worth further scrutiny where one will be able to cancel out that such lights are from the moon, stars or planes for reasons I mentioned above where one is left pondering what those bright lights in those formation are.

[edit on 31-1-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   
My mind is thinking bad words........

Tonight the light is there in the exact spot but it is not the large spotlight as two days ago. If you were to look you would think it a star.

My grandson gave me a lesson on how to take the picture and also take a movie from the camera. We both tried but it is further out now and we can't even pick up the air traffic so you can see the way it is going.

With the sky the way it is tonight looking out my window all you can see is the air traffic and this one star like object.

At least I learned how to work the camera and zoom in and the movie part but now I don't know what good it will do me unless it is up close and large it might not show on the camera.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I've spent several hours in the past 2 nights watching the skies, with my trusty Kodak 8mp 5x optical zoom camera by my side.

I got a 2 minute video last night of a UFO (meaning i don't know what it was, not to say it is anything strange!!!).

It was flying just above the tree-line at the Northern end of the property. It stopped several times and changed direction. It made no sound. It may have been a bird, but if so it was a damn big bird.

Since i'm on dialup internet i can't upload the whole video (it is something like 15mb). I will upload a few seconds shortly so someone can brighten it up and take some screen caps.

s3.photobucket.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooffstarr
I've spent several hours in the past 2 nights watching the skies, with my trusty Kodak 8mp 5x optical zoom camera by my side.

I got a 2 minute video last night of a UFO (meaning i don't know what it was, not to say it is anything strange!!!).

It was flying just above the tree-line at the Northern end of the property. It stopped several times and changed direction. It made no sound. It may have been a bird, but if so it was a damn big bird.

Since i'm on dialup internet i can't upload the whole video (it is something like 15mb). I will upload a few seconds shortly so someone can brighten it up and take some screen caps.

s3.photobucket.com...

I'm sorry, but I see nothing there at all. It is very short, and seems to be a black screen. Maybe a pro can pull something out of it though. Thanks for sharing it.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miah
I'm sorry, but I see nothing there at all. It is very short, and seems to be a black screen. Maybe a pro can pull something out of it though. Thanks for sharing it.

I can see it, just, when i turn my screens gamma up. I had no way to illuminate it to take the video. Thats why i posted a small section of it, so someone in the know can enhance it and have a look at the object.

EDIT: Nevermind... it is basically pitch black now it has been uploaded. I've got it in .mov format on my HD and it is brighter than the .flv it was converted into to post on Photobucket.

[edit on 31-1-2007 by fooffstarr]

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I just wanted to applaud this thread. We should do this more often, if you don't have anything to do on a certain night and just feel like relaxing, relax under the stars with a camera. This will not only help with gathering more and more evidence, but more importantly these type of movements will let the people in charge realize they may need to do something about this sooner rather than later.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I think google video will let you do it.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I too applaud this thread. Being proactive instead of just waiting for something to be brought to the attention of the community is a great idea.

Might I make a suggestion though?

Next time can you make it at a time when its not 2 degrees outside?

Would love to spend some night sky watching but not when frostbite is an option.

Summer skywatch, count me in

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I know it's cold out there so what I did was from my room.

I live in a very old house so my grandson had to help remove a screen from my window. We watched through the window and when we tried to get pictures and movie film of it we opened the window. We had the camera up to 11X but still nothing it was much further away and smaller then before.

Now that the kids are older I can devote the time after chow to watch the skies.

add: It just started snowing here so tonight and probably tomorrow night are gonna be out no doubt.

[edit on 1-2-2007 by observe50]

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 02:11 AM
link   
The video i posted the other day was bad quality, which is a shame.

I went out this afternoon, same spot, same time. I didn't expect to see anything, but i did get some nice photos of a strange cloud formation.

After about half an hour of the same thing i walked half a kilometre to a different spot and took some photos of some brighter sky... this time though after a while i spotted what looked like the same thing i videoed the other night moving around above the horizon again. After a few seconds of sitting still it flew straight up to a fair height and then went back down behind the trees, so i took a snap of it on it's way back down before it disappeared behind the trees again.

After looking at the clouds photos closely i've spotted the same thing in one of them as well, which i didn't see when i took the photo. So the first photo below is of the clouds, and look in the bottom left corner with it zoomed to see the anomaly. 2nd photo it is basically plum center and clear.

Thoughts? I've ruled out the bird-in-the-distance theory from the other day, mainly because this thing moved fairly erratically and seemingly without purpose.

i3.photobucket.com...
i3.photobucket.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Well I've lurked, waited and read the posts of this supposed experiment that your trying to work with. I'd like to point out a few things that will make this experiment leans towards more of a credible acceptance. Because despite having good intentions, not being prepared is a detriment to any project. You'll have to trust me that I know because 25+ years ago when I started skywatching and documenting aerial phenomena, there wasn't anyone around to tell you the pros and cons.

Anyone wanting to "really" capture some form of unusual aerial phenomena has to have the right tools. you can have the best camera and lens but if you don't have these attached to a tripod then your wasting everyone's time asking to believe in a shaky capture that only you are convinced happened (IMHO). If you do not own a tripod, lean against something solid or brace the camera up against a wall, a tree, anything that will help prevent normal shake. With that said let me remind you that for every multiplication of zoom you use the shake factor magnifies by a factor of 5-10% (The percentage is dependent on whether or not you use electronic or optical stabilization). So if you see something of interest don't zoom in all the way and into the digital interpolation 'zoom area' as this creates added pixelization to the image. Lock down the tripod and let the UFO do it's thing without trying to follow it, until it moves almost off screen. Then pan (or tilt) the camera back to having the object within the cameras viewscreen. Why would we do this? This allows us to be able to see the true trajectory and path the UFO is moving towards/away from. If possible always have some object that can be used as a point of reference (not clouds) like a telephone pole, a tree, a building and then zoom into and towards the object in question, this gives at least some kind of idea of point of reference. Turn your autofocus off, and set it to manual focus and set it for infinity, (Notice, this may need a bit of tweaking as when additional lences are added the focal point range may change a bit, so practice before trying to capture something). Tape some birds and planes and bugs at different focal ranges so you can tell the difference. As you record give a vocal report of what your saying telling us the direction that your shooting the weather conditions, your location and all other pertinent information. Again, this places a more credible acceptance. Now granted, sometime what you say or don't say may be because of ones excitement in the capture itself. I myself early last year in 2006 captured and observed an object bigger and brighter than Venus during Sunset and all I could do is say "Whoa,, Whoa,, Whoa,, What just happened here? (Google Exploding UFO). So it does happen even to the best of us, fortunately I compensated right after the event, which brings us to our second most important set of tools.

Report, report, report:
Again, if you want to be taken seriously whether it be captured on video or film is to report and document right after an event exactly what you saw on paper while it's fresh on your mind. You'll want to record the time, location, direction, size, color, sound, witnesses and everything else in between. the more information you can provide (honestly) the better. To help you out here is a standard reporting form:

And since many times the footage is shaky (and even it's not shaky) include a sketch of what you saw, you do not have to be an artist to do this, stick figures and simple lines will work very well. Try to do a side, a front and topo view in relation of where you are in relation to the object.

All of the above will help make your sighting more credible for us all.

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join