It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is an ongoing UFO wave, (sky watch project starting today till next Monday)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   
In response to the ongoing UFO wave hitting the United States and other parts of the world, I suggest that we all at ATS take a few hours from chatting on the boards and go out with our cameras and camcorders and scan the skies. I truly believe that we can catch some UFOs on tape. Screw the media and their explanations. We have to stand up and shut their traps. Let’s start today, until next Monday. Lets' see what we can catch.

Chicago
Louisiana
Arkansas
The Carolinas
Pittsburgh
Hawaii
Iran

These are some of the places that have had recent UFO sightings within the present months. I truly believe that this is it, that there is a huge event about to happen and we must keep our eyes open and videos ready. I believe that something big is about to happen and we need to be prepared. We should probably have a UFO watch all this month. I believe that this rash of sightings is gonna end with a boom! We might start to get reports of the Giant triangles, or the Giant Saucer ships.

People, we must get together and see what comes out.

*Some things that we might have in mind when doing the Sky watch.*

1. UFOs can appear during both night or day, do not limit your self to night-watching only.

2. Have an open mind, think positive, and send out mental messages that you want to see them (UFOs). This might increase your chances. UFOs might be cloaked, and if they get your message, they just might let you see them.

3. Do not bring beer, drugs, or anything that might impair the mind. One must keep a clear mind.

4. Don't expect for a certain kind of UFO. Remember that they come in various shapes and forms. Flying Disk, Triangles, Spheres, lights, etc.

*Equipment you will need.*

1. Camera/Camcorder please include a tripod.

2. Binoculares if you have them.

3. Lasers (please note, point them next to UFO not at them directly and Never point them at planes), high powered flash lights, you can use these as a Morse code. Flash the skies in a controlled and repeated manner.

4. Compass, these can be used to know the directions the ships are, and in some cases will go berserk if there is a UFO near by. If that happens, be ready for anything.

5. A voice recorder/Note pad and pencil. Try and take accurate information of sighting.

This is a minimum requirement list; bring anything that might increase your chances to spot a UFO.

If any thing comes up, then report back to this thread.

PS. do not be frightened by the UFO, do not lose your cool when approached by one of them. Keep in mind that they are most likely benign entities. But if you see, or feel a strong presence of evil, run, run harder and faster than ever before, or else your eligible to have your picture posted on the missing billboard at Wal-Mart.

[edit on 29-1-2007 by The Coward]

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I just want to point out that flashing lasers at unknown aircrafts is not advisable, and in some cases flashing lasers at aircraft is against the law.

Use common sense and you should be okay.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I signed up at ATS just to reply to your post... :-)

I agree - one thing people can go and do is get outside. We spend a lot of time on our computers (heck - I'm in my basement 8+ hours per working day) and if you want to see anything "up there" you have to go "out there".

I was wondering the other day if groups (like ATS) could band together and setup skywatch clubs where people in a few different states do a half hour a day or night at select times with a camera and eagle eye.

A few things your list didn't include -
- a watch (syncronize every so often to www.time.gov)
- cell phone (call someone you know if it's long-lasting)
- tripod (you did include that - people REALLY need tripods)

Have ATS members done anything "in-concert" in terms of getting skywatch stuff together?

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Thanks, Coward - hope we collectively catch something worth posting back here...

One caveat: please DO NOT flash laser pointers into the sky. This is quite illegal, and, as a pilot, I can assure you that you can expect swift and severe punishment via the FAA > local authorities if you're caught doing so. Don't assume that there is no plane in the path of your laser. Don't assume it is harmless fun or that you have/had no 'intent' to cause harm. Since 9/11 this is also now a Homeland Security mandate.

Other than that - good luck to all and keep looking up!

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   
well i live in louisiana so i will watch the skies in response to your post
actually i live in new orleans, is that a hotspot as of recently?

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Thanks for the tips guys

Remember not to point lasers at planes.

And if I were you, I would not point them directly at the UFO because this might be taken as a hostile advance. It can increase your chances of getting DEAD quick

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
This is a classical example of -- "If you want something done right, do it yourself." Really, if we want evidence, be it video or photos, we should try to obtain that evidence ourselves instead of waiting around for someone else to provide it for us. I have often thought that it would be a cool thing to have a remote controlled video cam mounted on our roofs pointed at the sky that we could monitor from inside on our computer.

Just leave the camera up there and set it to record whenever a motion detector senses motion in the sky over head so you won't need to monitor it constantly. You'll probably record alot of birds and planes, but every now and then you may catch something "out of the ordinary." Should make sure that the camera is protected from the elements in case the weather turns bad and you get a downpour or heavy snowfall.

[edit on 29-1-2007 by SkyWay]

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I've been watching the skies lately well since I started looking for birds to suddenly drop from the sky but I haven't seen anything wierd yet except some gorgeous cloud patterns.

Should we work under the assumption that some of these crafts aren't visible to the naked eye and just snap pictures of the sky? Or should pictures only be of an "actual" sighting of something of odd?

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I live in Central Arkansas - and I haven't seen anything unusual in th sky - but I have noticed an uncommon influx of "well to do and good looking people" at the cafe the this week.

I make mention because it's usually very quiet there, nothing that would speak of anything "modern" or multicultural - and recently there have been a lot more laptops and interesting people having interesting conversations.

Are they here because of the sightings - or are they here because they recently landed?

Also - and there have been military helicopters flying over our town in the middle of the night for the past week.

BTW - I keep my camera handy every time I go out on my walks - average about 5 miles a day, and aside from a golden eagle flying overhead, I haven't seen anything odd or noteworthy.

Will keep eyes open and camera handy - but I'll forwarn, I've never attempted to capture a "UFO" on camera before...

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by GENERAL EYES
I have noticed an uncommon influx of "well to do and good looking people" at the cafe the this week.

Maybe they are some of those Nordic Aliens ? I'll keep an eye out, but I don't live in the areas mentioned.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jensouth31

Maybe they are some of those Nordic Aliens ? I'll keep an eye out, but I don't live in the areas mentioned.

Maybe - but these tourists spanned the entire cultural genre - so I guess that breeding program must be going well. All races were represented - and in this area, that's quite uncommon.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Guys I am so excited right now. I was in the second story of my house and spotted a UFO out my window. I was not even looking for ufos yet. I was talking to my girlfriend and as she spoke I looked out the window and Bam!! A UFO!!

I video taped it with my Sony hi8. It is analog, so bare with me till I get the chance to download it to my pinnacle system.

The sighting happened at about 5:50pm ET, I am in Orlando.

Will get it posted as soon as I can. But I am a bit disappointed because the sighting was so fast that it did not give me time to connect my 8x telephoto lens. We would have had a great view if I could. Sorry about that, I was jus to hyper and nervous that I forgot to get it.

Anyway, I will keep my eyes peeled tonight. Will have my telephoto lens and tripod with me.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Cool, I can't wait to see the images. Maybe you should keep that 8x lens onthe camera?

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Sometimes they are to fast to catch. Also the UFO's will present themselves as planes meaning they will go the same speed and use the same path. I have seen where they suddenly drop and dim and they do this a few times them stop when a yellowish/golden and appear as a star. I have also seen them just appear slightly behind a plane with one white light and follow said plane then stop dim then blink out.

Good luck everyone

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I really apologize for that

It was just so sudden; I was talking with my girl, my eyes just focused on the sunset, and bam, a UFO. caught me totally off balance. I ran and got my camcorder case and pulled it out and started filming. before I took the video I told my girl to get my 8x telephoto lens. She was taking too much time so I decided to go real quick and get it. And when I came back down the stares, it was gone

Anyway, I knew I had a good feeling that I was gonna see one; it is why I wrote this thread on the first place. It was a hunch

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by observe50
Sometimes they are to fast to catch. Also the UFO's will present themselves as planes meaning they will go the same speed and use the same path. I have seen where they suddenly drop and dim and they do this a few times them stop when a yellowish/golden and appear as a star. I have also seen them just appear slightly behind a plane with one white light and follow said plane then stop dim then blink out.

Good luck everyone

Dude its funny that you say that, because it was right in the path of planes. Actually, I cought a plane passing right by it. It is the coolest thing. The UFO appers to be the size of a small single engine plane. I mean maybee it is a trick of angles, but that is how it looked to me.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   
When I went out earlier (20 min. ago) I can see one bright white looking star in the sky. I thought I'll keep a check on it. It's not a plane I can clearly see the regular air traffic form Philadelphia International. I thought either bright star or planet. I'm in my bedroom now which is on the third floor of my home I just checked and it is yellowish on the top and reddish on the bottom so this is interesting it looks like it might be slowly moving toward the southwest.

Crap it's gone

I have been looking out when I turned to write it disappeared. I was was allowed to cuss here I would say a bad word

God it's back I sat here mad and tried calling it back it is glowing reddish with white now I get back to you I'm going to try and call it if anyone is in the Phila. or subs look out and see if you c

add:I can't see it anymore when I last saw it the light was moving very slowly slightly south west of my location I'm not far from Delaware so it is heading toward that direction. It appeared to be pulsating more reddish glow then yellow or white. When I saw it at the very first it was bright white and a decent size.

I watched the traffic from the airport it was not a plane it wasn't a helicopter so it was either a ship or a satellite if satellites act like this.

Oops! I don't own a camera can you believe that maybe someone else around here or Delaware will see it, I'll keep a check.

[edit on 29-1-2007 by observe50]

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Please, please, please, pretty pretty pretty PLEASE USE A TRIPOD!

Nothing I hate more than a shaking video of a UFO.

As soon as the clouds clear here in southern California, I will be watching for about 2 hours a day. Not like I don't already stare at the sky every time its visible anyway.

[edit on 29-1-2007 by SWAT Life]

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I'm going to ask my grandson tomorrow if I can use his ditigal tomorrow, I know no help tonight. I'm already kicking this old butt of mine. Maybe it will do the same tomorrow and if I see it I will get my grandson to put it here I don't know that stuff.

Sorry

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Ok guys I have just created an avi file. I now need to know where I could post my video and who can host it so that I can make a link for this thread.

Anyone know of those companies that let you post your video files and create a link for free?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join