It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Waco II in the making?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   
It seems inevitable, the media tried building up to this with the mormons a while back, now they are at it again. Building up to WACO II.

www.americanfreepress.net...

Addressing some conventional media reports that characterized his home as a virtual fortress, or “compound” with a “lookout tower,” Brown replied, “It’s a deck, for crying out loud—an octagon-shaped compass deck.”

“We’re very mainstream, middle-class people,” said Brown, who noted that media reports suggesting he’s “holed up” in his house are off base.

Notably, the Associated Press article in The Union Leader couldn’t resist the highly charged word “compound,” which conceivably could create a bunker mentality in the minds of readers and may quell public outrage if federal agents ever decide to forcibly enter Brown’s home to arrest him. As the article claimed:

Keep an eye on this, and see where it leads.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   
did they not sentence him to jail time, so what is he still at home. whats going on in this story now. doubt it will ever be as big as waco though, becasue waco was on religious grounds.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Why don't people leave others alone? The vast majority of these groups or "cults" as some like to call them,
generally don't bother anyone. Leave them the hell alone!!

[edit on 29-1-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Nicotine, your link isn't working for some reason.. Maybe they have taken it down..

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
SoT, just copy-paste, it worked for me

HOWEVER, this guy is stupid and the source is biased
it's calling him a patriot
he's evading federal income tax
he actually said he'd pay it if he can be shown which law gives the federal government power to tax income
it's the 16 amendment it was passed by at least 2/3rds of both houses of congress and by 42 different states

more than enough for it to pass as law
the man is trying to fight the highest law in the land for selfish reasons
that's not patriotic

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
This is very indicative of the same trumped up charges they leveled against David Koresh

Addressing some conventional media reports that characterized his home as a virtual fortress, or “compound” with a “lookout tower,” Brown replied, “It’s a deck, for crying out loud—an octagon-shaped compass deck.”

They tried to say that Koresh was abusing the children in the compund, to this day, they cannot make a case that Koresh or anyone else inside the complex abused any of the children.. Now, Koresh admitted to having relations with 14-15 year old girls; the thing is, in the state of Texas a 14 year old can get married with parental consent!!

They tried to say that there was an amphetamine lab in the compound. No, there was an amphetamine lab down the road from where the compound was. Koresh and his followers complained about it and I suspect that the local authorities were gaining benefit from the lab, so... federal government involvement ensued due to local authorities placing blame on Davidians.

As far as there being any weapons in there, yeah, Koresh admitted there were weapons in there. Hell, there are reports of a couple of officers who used to go out there and fire guns and fish with the Davidians..

It seems to me that the media is certainly asking for another raid on people who realy don't deserve it.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   

that's not patriotic

This man is standing up for what he thinks is right, and is questoning a law that was never legally put into place. He is concerned about the legallity of measures taken by his government. How can you get anymore patriotic than that?

I doubt that this will lead to a big stand-off with the JBT's, but it will almost definatly result in a raid by Federal LEO's and an assault on this man's home.

Maybe he will be tried in a federal court and denied the right to present evidence in his favor or question the law, or even call his own witnesses without the State pre-screening and approving them first like in The United States vs. Fincher.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nicotine1982

that's not patriotic

This man is standing up for what he thinks is right, and is questoning a law that was never legally put into place. He is concerned about the legallity of measures taken by his government. How can you get anymore patriotic than that?

it WAS legally put into place
the 16th amendment went through the proper procedure and was passed by 2/3rds of both houses
and 42 states out of 48 (at the time)

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
This guy should've paid his taxes in the first place. There is no reason to let him get away with it. The rest of us have to pay our taxes, and so does he. THey should walk into his house and take him and send him to fill ou this sentence.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Well, this case is dissimilar from Waco in the sense that it only envolves a couple, and it's not based on religion.

Now, the government broke comitaus with the use of military weaponry against a civilian population here at Waco,... unless it happens again, I don't see where this is necessarily leading up to another Waco..

However,I hope an incident such as what happened here in Waco never occurs again.. it was a tragedy and one that I felt that Janet "the man" Reno should have been held accountable for..

Some say that she was in the dark as to what the ATF did in that siege... Uh, SHE ORDERED IT TO BE DONE!!
The whole Waco affair makes me sick to this day.. It has been almost fourteen years ago and it still eats at my gall bladder..

top topics

join