It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will invading Iran result in Draft

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
well, if we do invade iran and it results in the draft
i know what i'll do
i'm going to imitate hendrix and just say i'm a homosexual
i'd rather be looked down upon by people that hate homosexuals than kill and die in another adventurist war

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I don't think that the US will invade Iran. They may attack Iran's nuclear infostructure but that would mostly be bombs and cruise missles.

However, Iran may choose to counter attack. If they'd been thinking about this, they'd already have placed people into the US. The border with Mexico is pretty much open. They could just walk across.

Imaging a scene where the US attacks Irans military installations and almost immediately several major water supplies here in the US are poisened or several bombs go off in subways. I think that is a bigger concern.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I don't think the US can invade Iran. Congress is already taking steps to prevent Bush declaring yet another disastrous war.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   
There would have to be a cause to start another full fledged war as has been echoed here many times before. Iran's retaliation or a false flag event would have to occur.

Consider the last time the draft was instated, Vietnam. Casualties equaled 50,000 Americans by the time it was over. It's estimated that there have been between 23,000 and 50,000 troops wounded in combat for the Iraq war. Source DIOR

When you consider the advances and terrain advantages in battlefield treatment, it seems like the two events are equal. Essentially, this IS another Vietnam.

Here is an article listing the similarities:
www.suntimes.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   
People are putting FAR too much faith in congress, and it will bite them in the rear if they are not careful. I DO NOT CARE who is in power, you should always be suspect of what they do, if I was president, I would hope people would be suspect because if they got used to just trusting and then I get "dissapeared" and some nazi goes in, they will get screwed because they lost their ability to think by giving blind trust. Trust, but do not follow BLINDLY like people are doing now.
Also if your claiming to be gay or homosexual I doubt they would care, if your flesh and are standing in front of them, they will send you.
Also, you can join the US military if you are a foreigner so long as you can answer their questions, the reward (should you live and fulfil 100% of the agreement that is) is citizenship. Thus we have people from EVERYWHERE in the US military, besides they get paid more than a homeless guy/gal in Mexico, the Philipines, India, etc. So for them it is a win-win situation: fight and die for rich people, die of starvation. Either way they are screwed, so why not have some clothing and food before you die?

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 09:29 AM
link   
www.kentucky.com...

and

www.kentucky.com...

we are not the only ones disscussing this it seems.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Yeah: "Spear the burden of the war"
BS! The only burden carried will be that of the poor, they will carry most if not all in fact. The rich have always ran away when drafts showed up, unless they TRUELY wanted to go, they have ALWAYS ran away. Any of you remember the loopholes the government made during Vietnam so the rich could slip out the back door and dodge the draft? If not go look up the reasons why people were not drafted during Vietnam. They have ALWAYS dodged the draft's because their daddys are the ones who make the laws and sign them. That or their daddys are the CEO's of major corporations who can just blackmail politicians into doing exactly what they want. Then again the ONLY reason the people in government now are there is because of corporate backing one way or another.
Look at a draft this way:
If you make under $500,000 a year, your SOL right here and now
If you make over $500,000 a year, or very specifically: over $10 million a year, you have N-O-T-H-I-N-G to worry about.

Those money numbers are off because of the high if not extreme divergance between rich and poor, however I hope you still get the idea.
Edit: added above line

[edit on 30-1-2007 by Vekar]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join