It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

out of iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Alot of members here are against the war in iraq. I was wondering what you think the best way to get our troops out of iraq is. Not just "get them out now put them on planes" I'm looking for realistic exit stratagies.
Thanks in advance for your contributions.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 09:31 AM
link   
It will be a lot of work to get all that hardware out.
the Obviously choice , would be to get it down south into Kuwaitt, and onto transport ships.

but obviously the insurgency will target them as sitting ducks in a wooden barrel.

I think, we were never meant to get the equipment out anyway.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   
The problem is that under current situation, I don't think there is a viable exist strategy apart from the "get on the plane and leave"

The Actual evacuation wouldnt be a problem, I have yet to see the insurgents sink a transport ship, and I don't think the US forces are pinned down

I'd say the only way they could leave and have a mock of excuse would be hurrying the building of an iraqi army, which at the same time is not a good thing because they are plagued with infiltrations, traitors or simply incompetence

they could leave while saying the reports were that the iraqi army could now stand by itself

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Hillary.........is that you?

Sorry but I refuse to help you out in any way!

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Not hillary

I just see alot of people here write negative things about the war and I am interested to hear their ideas.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Bush's whole deal is that the Iraqi's can't handle their nation on their own. We've been told that "We need your help." is coming from the Iraqi leaders.

However, according to this article: Iraq' s deputy PM chides U.S. and Iran - Iraq thinks the US and Iran are "fighting for new turf".

:shk:

Just like everything else in the political scheme of things... it's a ploy to keep our troops over there. The one thing that Bush refuses to do is just "pull our troops out", because it will have severe effects on our security at home, not to mention, "hurt our character".

Sorry, but our character is bad enough already. Get em out.

To the question at hand... how?

We've got control of large areas, including airports, I'm sure. Load our boys up on C-130's and get them the hell out of there. It's complete BS for our men and women to be there in the 1st place.

It truly doesn't matter what steps are take, or what route we take, or who we piss off.... it just matters that we take the initial step to get them home.

[edit on 1/29/2007 by Infoholic]

top topics

join