It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Felons In Florida Legally Armed

page: 1

join
share:
Ex

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   

An analysis of state records showed that the roughly 410,000 Floridians licensed to carry hidden guns included 1,400 who had pleaded guilty or no contest to felonies, 216 with outstanding warrants, 128 named in active domestic violence injunctions and 6 registered sex offenders, The Sun-Sentinel reported.

I am in shock that this could happen!
400.000 licensed concealed gun toters!

Felons Legally Armed Here

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Of course this would not be possible without the presence of false information and loopholes in the licensing process.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
does it make you feel safe, if you live in florida, that people like this have weapons, or that if you live in america you can have them too.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   
If someone wants to kill you, they will kill you regaurdless wether or not they have a gun/knife/pillow...

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex

An analysis of state records showed that the roughly 410,000 Floridians licensed to carry hidden guns included 1,400 who had pleaded guilty or no contest to felonies, 216 with outstanding warrants, 128 named in active domestic violence injunctions and 6 registered sex offenders, The Sun-Sentinel reported.

Do a little bit of research on the statistics regarding concealed carry, and crime rates. This should help minimize any concern for the practice. I can assure you there are no felons or sex offenders that are legally carrying firearms. If they have them, they are breaking the law(of course these folks tend to do that by their nature.)

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I know that in North Carolina, for example, the crime rate of citizens with a concealed carry permit is actually lower than North Carolina Law Enforcement officials.

Something like .2% of the permits were revoked due to the holder committing a crime, yet more NC police officers committed crimes than citizens carrying concealed weapons.

Ask yourself this question:
If you were a criminal and you wanted to go on a robbing spree and go rob people on the street at gunpoint, would you rather do it in a city where law abiding citizens are forbidden to carry arms (concealed or otherwise) to protect themselves, or would you want to go rob people in a city where anyone and everyone you see on the street might have a concealed knife or firearm to protect themselves and you never know for sure until you try to rob them with your gun pointed at them but you get shot instead?

Real tough call, huh? NOT.

Let's not make a huge deal out of an imperfect system. A small percentage of criminals got licenses. OK, let's fix that and make sure it doesn't happen again. But how many police officers have committed crimes? How many politicians have committed crimes? A LOT. Don't get your undies in a knot over this.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ex

Does it concern you that there are 400,000 concealed gun owners or that 1400 of them are doing so illegally??

The criminals won't bother to go and get a permit to carry their weapon.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ex

The nerve of them! Exercising their 2'nd ammendment rights. The travesty of it all.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 08:54 AM
link   
My friend told me a story, can't say if its true or not but its interesting to the debate.

Two palestinian terrorists pull upto a bus stop que on a motorbike with the intention of killing the people queing. They don't even get the chance of aiming there weapons. The bus que full of part time soldiers, young mothers and old people open up on them with Uzi's and handguns blowing there sorry asses away. You start to understand why the palestinians changed tactics to suicide bombing.

It can be said that arming decent people can provide better security.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ex

Just because you have pleaded guilty to a felony does not mean you lose your constitutional rights. You can be convicted of a felony and serve your probation and then have your right to vote and own a firearm reinstated in Florida. Its called Adjudication Withheld. Adjudication Withheld is the same as a conviction expungement. So maybe those stats were referring to felons that have had their record expunged in some cases.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by carslake

You start to understand why the palestinians changed tactics to suicide bombing.

I thought it was because they could screw virgins for all of eternity.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Classified Info

Originally posted by carslake

You start to understand why the palestinians changed tactics to suicide bombing.

I thought it was because they could screw virgins for all of eternity.

Yeah thats a common misinterpretation it actually reads 'goats' every other monday.

Ex

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   
You all are absolutely right ,
and I would never want to infringe on any citizen
to arm themselves!
I totally agree with protecting yourself and family.

It was the convicted Pedophiles and Domestic
violent persons that gave me pause.
People that use terror and abuse innocents.

I guess maybe the big picture is worth the smaller percentage
that carry weapons and abuse the right.

top topics

join