It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what were the top 10 scariest events in current history?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
DCP

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Cool post. My question is what do you mean by scariest and for whom?Are we talking at the time the event happened or with revisionist history.

I mean, after the nuclear bombing of Japan, most of the world threw a party.

CanadianGlasnost was trying to be funny, but didn't people commit suicide while listening to War of the Worlds. That shows real fear

A question for all the people who put a Gulf War on the List. Is this politically motivated? We have been in Iraq for around 3 years now and we lost under 4 thousand troops. The Korean Conflict lasted 3 years and America lost 36,914 men and in Vietnam America lost around 55,000 men. How is the Gulf War worse?? If war in the middle East is important to you i don't understand how the Iran/Iraq, Six Day war, or the Yam Kippur War to name a few, did not make your list.

Another question is about Katrina. Who was really scared about Katrina or is this political again? If you lived through it, I totally understand it being on your list(don't think i am making light or your ordeal), or any real natural disaster, I understand that. My point is who was sitting up in their room, 500 miles away, crying because they thought the water's going to get them?. i think more people felt empathy then fear. It was a class 4/5 hurricane. It happened before and it will happen again.

This brings me to one of my greatest fears...People putting politics first. Reread people's list. If the list is talking just since the year 2000, i understand the Iraq War but if it was a list that goes back40-60 years and the Iraq War is the scariest war in that time period, please put the Kool-Aid and take a step back. Bipolarplanet, when u give me a more details i will give you all my list for you to destroy, its only fair. :-)

One thing on my list will be AIDS but alas, now I have to get back to work

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Indeed, during the Radio Show people tought it was an actual alien invasion

Don't know about the suicides tough, would be logical since I do think even if people would not admit it, they were scared to death

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Let's go for authentically scary, not just bad, but portents of much worse to come or what might have been.

1) September 26, 1983. One phone call from annihilation. en.wikipedia.org...

2) Reichspartage, (Rally at Nuremburg) e.g. 1935 where Jews were stripped of citizenship. en.wikipedia.org...

3) October 27, 1962. Cuban missile crisis.

en.wikipedia.org...

4) Bolshevik Revolution of 1917, when extremists (Red) triumphed over democratic moderates (White)

5) Assassination of JFK, murder of hope.

6) Ayatollah Khomeini & Iranian Revolution

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   
LGM, i would have put a lot of what you put
but i think the word EVENTS was what made me put what i put
singular occurances

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 03:54 AM
link   
World War 2 = The deadliest & most desructive war!

Atomic bombing of Japan

spanish Flu

Black Death

Unit Unit 731= Covert medical experiment unit of the Imperial Japanese Army which researched biological warfare through human experimentation during the Second Sino-Japanese War (1937-1945) and World War II. It was responsible for some of the most notorious war crimes carried out by Japanese personnel

Vietnam War = Americas longest war which affected million of lives.

Iraq War = In a Quagmire!

911 attack

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   
1. When I ejaculated on the bathroom floor at the age of 12 without knowing what it was.
2. Watching Jurassic Park at the age of 12, I was scared #less for months and months afterwards.

….ehh, I can't really think of anything else right now, experiencing flashbacks... logging off.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by VladTheImpaler
1. When I ejaculated on the bathroom floor at the age of 12 without knowing what it was.

Yoinks and gadzooks boy

Can I add vlad describing anything having to do with self discovery and exploration to my list?

Spiderj

I kid, I kid...kinda...sorta...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join