It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Democracy *really* looks like (anti war vs pro war rally in D.C.)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 09:01 AM
link   
You, with the Bush/Cheney sticker on your car. It's over. The verdict is in. America doesn't want to spend another 500 billion on warfare in Iraq/Iran etc for paranoid freaks who are too petrified to serve.

Pro War-

It's OVER.

vs The Truth:

I think a bit more than hippies and commies are in this rally.
Just a *BIT*

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   
don't you just love it when the media makes an issue look really close
when in fact one camp is much larger than another?

stupid media
stop making it look like a lot of people support the war
they don't

ape

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
hmm, they tagged on government buildings, spit at an iraqi war veteran who lost his leg and who has no control over the situation in iraq, not to mention calling the troops stupid, and to top it off had that communist jane fonda speak for them. all the while adovcating and giving their votes to liberals who confirmed a new general who advocates to increase troops then scheme behind the scenes to cut funding for that general, this is insane. how about instead of protesting against president bush and his policies they protest against the people who they elected into office who are doing nothing for them? the liberals are playing politics with this war and got voted into office based on getting us out of this war, they confirm someone who has the same plan as the president to run this war, and then make sure to advocate to cut funding for this war and that new general just to please the left, which one is it? oh they wont clarify because they want control of both houses and the whitehouse so they wont cut the troops funding at all because they would risk all of this. sounds to me like these 'protestors' are nothing but an ignorant group of idiots who dont know anything about the people they elected itno office.

take a look at that dudes leg, he sacrificed that for this country and did his job he doesn't decide policy yet these people spit on him and call him stupid? what a disgrace to the country i'm ashamed to call these people my countrymen.

i look at this from the view of an independent which is what I am, I didn't agree with the iraq war and feel that since we did go in that we should have gone in full force, which we didn't. that doesn't mean im going to go def/dumb/and blind and semi retarded spitting on veteran soldiers and spray painting building all the while cheering for fonda, pure ignorance/stupidity.

[edit on 29-1-2007 by ape]

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Anti-protest protests usually don't attract many participants, so to try and parlay the attendence figures of these few people brave enough to come out and speak against the moonbats into something meaningful is useless.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ape
hmm, they tagged on government buildings, spit at an iraqi war veteran who lost his leg and who has no control over the situation in iraq, not to mention calling the troops stupid, and to top it off had that communist jane fonda speak for them.

yes, let us take the worst examples and make it seem like it is representative of the whole group
stereotyping is fun!

all the while adovcating and giving their votes to liberals who appointed a new general who advocates to increase troops then scheme behind the scenes to cut funding for that general, this is insane.

executive branch appoints generals
i think you meant the secretary of defense
people got the wrong impression of him at first
big deal

how about instead of protesting against president bush and his policies they protest against the people who they elected into office who are doing nothing for them?

yes, because we should really say that all the domestic policy is worthless
and that under a month is a perfect period of time to determine the worth of a body that will be the same for 2 years

the liberals are playing politics with this war and got voted into office based on getting us out of this war, they appoint someone who has the same plan as the president to run this war, and then make sure to advocate to cut funding for this war and that new general just to please the left, which one is it?

um, again
which general?
secretary of defense doesn't equal general
if the guy didn't represent himself properly, it's not the fault of the senate or congress

oh they wont clarify because they want control of both houses and the whitehouse so they wont cut the troops funding at all because they would risk all of this.

well, that's all because the right is trying to make the troops into deities on earth so that to do anything that can even be construed as "anti-troop" is like being the anti-christ....

sounds to me like these 'protestors' are nothing but an ignorant group of idiots who dont know anything about the people they elected itno office.

yeah
because name-calling isn't a display of ignorance....

take a look at that dudes leg, he sacrificed that for this country and did his job he doesn't decide policy yet these people spit on him and call him stupid? what a disgrace to the country i'm ashamed to call these people my countrymen.

yes, because i (and every other person against the war) personally spit on him and called him stupid

i look at this from the view of an independent which is what I am, I didn't agree with the iraq war and feel that since we did go in that we should have gone in full force, which we didn't. that doesn't mean im going to go def/dumb/and blind and semi retarded spitting on veteran soldiers and spray painting building all the while cheering for fonda, pure ignorance/stupidity.

um, again
i'm semi-retarded?
that's an insult
i demand you apologize for your ignorant attacks on entire groups for the actions of few

PS: it wouldn't hurt if you paragraphed more...

[edit on 1/29/07 by madnessinmysoul]

ape

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   
were you there spitting on a veteran who lost his leg? you will get no sucgh apolOgy and thank you for pointing out my error, instead of appoint I meant CONFIRM. The rest of my comments stand and I didnt see the protestors condeming the people who vandalized government property yet alone stop them. you're argument has no substance, and I was not directing my comments at you unless you recognize that the same people threatening to cut funding for the troops confirmed a general who plans and is increasing troops, please adress this? you dont get into office by saying you are going to get america out of this war and then not deliver, you dont confirm someone that goes against what you 'stand' for and then scheme to cut this generals funds.

I didn't see you condemn the people spitting on the soldier and vandalizing government property yet alone calling our brave soldiers stupid so that just tells me your perfectly fine with it, I did not say that everyone there spit on people and vandalized but I sure didnt see people stopping them. infact they cheered them on.

now please tell me why these people did not protest against the people who confirmed a general who proposes to increase troops? do you not see the ignorance in this? this was not a war protest this was a bush protest. it was organized by leftist groups. basically every democrat who confirmed this general is going along with bushes troop surge, confirming this man means they agree with it, so why would they then gather support afterwards to cut funding? all those idiots that stepped up on the mic non of them condemned the democrats for confiming the general, only bush.

if you stand for something stand for it, if you dont then be open about it and not misleading. democrats in office do not practice this because power is all they care about, not the individual or society.

there was no respect in this protest, it was a disgrace.

ape

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   
the veteran was on hannity and colmes tonight, he said multiple people were spitting on him, people were flicking cigarettes at him, cussing him out and flipping him off, what a degenerate worthless group of human waste. include this on top of everything else that went on. these people should be ashamed of themselves and so should the people who stood by and encouraged it ( basically the whole crowd ).

df1

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ape
the veteran was on hannity and colmes tonight, he said multiple people were spitting on him, people were flicking cigarettes at him, cussing him out and flipping him off, what a degenerate worthless group of human waste. include this on top of everything else that went on. these people should be ashamed of themselves and so should the people who stood by and encouraged it ( basically the whole crowd ).

This sounds like the same crap the government pulled in the Vietnam era. Government provocateur infiltrated the peace movement, then committed vandalism and other distasteful acts to create the perception the peace protesters were a threat, then brought in cops in riot gear to bust some skull. Clearly an administration that has no respect for the lives of it's troops would have no qualms about hiring thugs to spit on a single veteran in an attempt to discredit the massive protest.

ape

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 11:39 PM
link   
the capitol police came in and told the local cops to back off, there was no control thats why you saw vandalism, making excuses for the far left is pretty weak.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I can accept both rallies. However, I cannot tolerate the anarchist group who came and caused a ruckus! where's the peaceful protest?

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Let the war supporters continue to support their ongoing crime. It doesn't bother me one bit. I wouldn't spit on any of them, but I may point out to them their love of a massive crime and the criminals who started it.

[edit on 30-1-2007 by Frith]

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by streeter
I can accept both rallies. However, I cannot tolerate the anarchist group who came and caused a ruckus! where's the peaceful protest?

anarchist "group"?

i know quite a few anarchists
they don't "group"

whenever someone mentions "groups" of anarchists they tend to either be some sort of sabotage group or a completely mislabeled set of people

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Some may see democracy in rallies. I see democracy on election day, where the silent majority takes action.

Don't bring up 2006, it is normal for the minority party in the 2nd term of an incumbent President to gain seats. Look at 2000 and 2004 and looking forward to 2008!

Anti-War rallies? Al-Queda thanks you very much for providing the "aid and comfort." Maybe some of the protestors will show up in the next Al-Queda video?

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
We need more of this rallies so Bush gets the point that he has been missing in the last six years of happy war path.

I tell you this much if Bush attacks Iran the Republicans will not see the white house presidential seat for another 8 years.

And . . . I don't think that Republicans wants Hillary in power for 8 years.

top topics

join