It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Beliefs?...Please Clarify???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
What they believe:

www.scientology.org/

What others including myself believe:

www.cs.cmu.edu...

The Scientology thought on L. Ron Hubbard:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L._Ron_Hubbard

What others including myself believe:

www.xs4all.nl/~kspaink/cos/rmiller/index.html

enjoy

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mondogiwa

Originally posted by VladTheImpaler
Although both are based on fiction it’s easier to accept the teachings of Jesus Christ than the science of scientology, which is utter crap (in my honest opinion).

Ok Vlad,

Since you have now cast the proverbial stone, what are your beliefs?? And i am sure that you will be able to back them up with fact since you are so quick to claim that my Christian faith is based on fiction! I wonder,do you debate the historical context of Jesus's life, or just the faith of Chrisitanity in all??

Dear Mondogiwa,

I have no beliefs, none, zero, zilch... nadda. In fact it is my way of life to not believe in anything.

I take lessons from one of Buddha’s quotes:

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason.

I live by this, or try to that is.

I am therefore an Agnostic Atheist. Agnostic because I believe the existence of God(s) cannot be proven nor disproved and Atheist because I am without religion.

I further stipulate that because the existence of God cannot be proven or disproved, it is an absolutely irrelevant question as it has no influence on my life whatsoever. To me considering whether or not God(s) exists is the same as pondering whether or not there’s invisible purple monkey’s running all around us #ting out candy and throwing it at each other. It’s just absurd either way.

Also, seeing as you screen name is VladTheImpaler, I sort of half expect something along the lines of a vampire belief system??? Then again, maybe you do have a history background and you are nonchalantly educating people who may not even know it.!?

Laugh. I love the concept of vampires and I'd love to be one, unfortunately this will most likely remain nothing but fantasy as I have seen no proof of their existence. The real Vlad Têpês was probably far worse than any imaginary vampire you could imagine.

I have tried to be in the shoes of both sides of this topic now, my personal thoughts and then apologized for them....needless to say you have started to jump on my back now for a different arguement! I hope we can keep this discussion at bay and remember that this thread was originally started to understand the basis of said scientology/dianetics.

To you my friend, I offer peace rather than a head on a stick (Vlad reference). Mondo

I accept your peace offer.

Best regards,
Vlad

new topics

<< 1   >>

join