It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution in our schools.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Don't forget that that's a statement made more than 100 years ago.

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 12:00 PM
link   
u should not look at evolution in a creationism kind of way, the believe now is that the steps where much bigger...
The achievement is a landmark in evolutionary biology, not only because it shows how new animal body plans could arise from a simple genetic mutation, but because it effectively answers a major criticism creationists had long leveled against evolution�the absence of a genetic mechanism that could permit animals to introduce radical new body designs.

www.spacedaily.com... i can provide numerous links to serieus research papers bout the subject...

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 12:09 PM
link   
There will never be understanding of the evolution of man until the question of ET is resolved and other basic questions such as God and the true history of the world.

The masons and other secret societies know the secrets revolving these areas but keep everyone else in the dark for their own benefit.

I think the truth is that both theories are valid. We are a product of creationism and major adjustments but also a product of evolution with our environment, consider the unique health problems today that people have regarding their now new lifestyles. I wonder how humanity will have to adapt in order to survive a slothful and excessive existance at least in numerous parts of the world.

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 12:16 PM
link   
while i'm not at all religious, i think that the theory of creationism should be taught alongside evolution (from a non theological standpoint though if that makes any sense). just to be fair to those who dont agree with evolution. personally i think both theories are both true in some sense if that makes any sense as well.

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by mutehalo
while i'm not at all religious, i think that the theory of creationism should be taught alongside evolution (from a non theological standpoint though if that makes any sense). just to be fair to those who dont agree with evolution. personally i think both theories are both true in some sense if that makes any sense as well.

How many different creation stories will they have to teach to be fair? If peoples' beliefs are so weak that they can't learn science then that's just too damn bad.

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Exactly, if you want to teach creationism in school standpoint you will never finish, because it would only be fair to teach all forms of creationism. At least those from the major world religions.

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I can't see why creationism cannot be taught in terms of some generic idea. This theory can be presented as helping to explain gaps in our understanding that evolution has failed to do so far.

I don't think a child has the wherewithall to question the knowledge and competence and sincerity of their teacher and the proscribed curriculem.

This is the problem for me, selling a theory as the truth when the scientific community knows it does not answer all the questions even amongst its own members and forget about getting into spirituality.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join