It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magic Johnson living for 18 years or more with HIV? cure found??

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Sorry here is the link, I am still learning how to use this website.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by precicio

Sorry for the link that does not work, here is the new one!

[edit on 31-8-2010 by precicio]

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzerman
Honda...are you asking do they know where the disease started on a historical timeline, or where it started in one individual? I have an answer to both, but I'm not sure what you are asking.

As far as why it's taking so long to find a cure...

HIV is not actually a "living" organism as you and I would define a living organism. HIV is simply a set of genetic instructions carried in a envelope to instruct its host into producing more viral particles. The problem with finding a cure is simply that most but not all viruses are extremely small, ingeniously basic, and because of this...nearly impossible to destroy.

People also need to realize that a form of HIV is found in nearly all other species on earth including Monkeys (Simian Immunodeficiency Virus), Cats (Feline Immunodeficiency Virus), Sheep (Visna), and Goats (CAEV)but to name a few. So, the virus can be traced back to an original ancestor, and that ancestor is classified in the subgroup named Lentiviruses, which are in a class known as Retroviruses. So, the basic deconstruction of HIV is as follows:

Viruses - Retroviruses - Lentiviruses - Human Immunodeficiency Virus

This particular subgroup of viruses are particularly hard to destroy (for all the reasons I have mentioned in some of my posts above but don't need to repeat again). So, we have the problem of tracing the history of the virus before the 1950's when it is believed some of the first exposures took place. We know that other species on earth have Lentiviruses themselves, but because of the mutations that take place upon entering ones body it is extremely hard to trace where exactly the virus came from.

Now, here is another piece of information to blow some people's minds...

Can two people that are HIV positive have unprotected sex with each other because they already have the virus? The answer is simply no. In some cases this can cause a supervirus (which is a whole different subject), or they can cross infect one another. So, a person with HIV can actually get HIV twice. The reason to be concerned about this is because some strains of HIV are resistent to certain medications meaning that if you are on the drug Tipranavir (for example) and you are re-infected with HIV from another person, and his/her strain of HIV is resistant to Tipranavir...then that medication will probably no longer work on you as well.

Some more food for thought...

There are two forms of HIV: HIV-1 and HIV-2. Not only are physicians combatting over 900 Billion strains of the virus in a single human being, but they are also battling against the two forms that HIV comes in. However, it should be noted that HIV-2 infection is rare and only accounts for a small number of infections, but when you consider everything I have previously said in my other posts you can see it will be extremely difficult for any medicine to work on it.

This is not to say that one day something won't be developed to help combat the disease better than what we have now. If you were to ask me to predict the future of medications for HIV I would simply tell you that it is more probable that medications will be developed to sustain life, and not so much to "cure" the disease.

I heard that if you have heterosexual sex with someone with HIV, the odds of getting it are still 1 in 800, statistically. Is that so? If so, isn't the risk of it nearly zero then?

Most get it from needles and anal sex right?

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Jazzerman

Your a virogist ? REALLY ?

If you don't mind my asking, how long has that actually been the case ?

I am a Ph.D in virology & microbioIogy, degrees in hand for 15 years, I belong to a privately funded research group that consists of 16 people, we operate outside the U.S., my best friend is the head researcher of the group. We pretty much go as far as it gets.---> BSL- 4.

Also, I'm curious to know what you think of Dr. Robert Gallo, (THE BOB CLUB) ?

edit on 20-9-2010 by alpha68 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Does anyone really have any true idea of how H.I.V. & A.I.D.S came to be ? ANYONE ? ?

Does anyone really know why there is even such a thing as a person who would be labeled an A.I.D.S denialist ?

Someone, please dazzle me...>

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Magic was cured. I happen to know the woman who cured him. No one will probably believe me but that is ok. She was an older woman..in her early 90's when I met her. She lived in Florida, in a little house with her elderly son. She had a little storage room filled with jars and jars of herbs.

She used a somewhat strange, energy method. I do not know if it even had a name. She said she learned it many years ealier when she was living in Tenn. It involved using a very thick binder with every known virus, bacteria, parasite, etc known. She would test you to see what your body had..kind of like a scan, but she used a "homemade" pendalum type thing" It was essentially a large metal nut (kind you would put over a large screw) and it was attached to a string. She would hold this over you as you put your finger on the page that listed the illness. This alone took hours to do, if you did not already know what was wrong with you. I had this done for an ear problem that would not cease. When she knew what you had, she got a metal bowel full of warm water and placed a very large magnet (maybe 2) underneath..it attached. She then used herbs that she knew were known to combat the parasite, or bacteria, virus..several herbs from her room. She put those in the water and you had to put your feet in it. She then proceeded to spin the metal nut on the string over the parts of your body and organs affected. She said she was spinning out the illness with the magnetic energies using the nut and then spinning in the herbs ..energetically, into the areas that needed it. She said it got rid of anything at all. I know it is very difficult to believe until you actually experience it!

Anyway, I found about her through an acquantance that later became a friend. This older woman used to teach this technique and my friend took the training from her many years back and could also do this. Now this is the reason I think she is legit. She really did not charge for this! I mean, you could tell her..insist on paying and after 4 hours of her time she might say.."OK 10 dollars is fine" She would say she does not need anything, believes in God and wants to help others. She would show me how "young" she still was by doing the technique for years on her self..she would kick up her legs...like a can can and dance around. She was very energetic and walked and talked like a much younger person. ..OK..now the Magic Johnson part...my friend, told me that she had cured him. I remembered so I asked her about it. She said Yes I did. He came in very sickly with his body guards having to hold him up. I never knew how he found out about me, as I never adverstise. He could not even sit up in a chair and had to lay down. He was very weak and skinny. (Now I cannot remember seeing him like that, but when do we really see him anyway?) She told Magic she did not know if she could help him but she was willing to try. After a 2 hours he was able to sit up. He left and I told him it seemed to be helping and come back the next day. She worked on him for several days in a row. He never had to come back. She made him promise not to tell people ,as she was old and did not want the news at her door, nor a line of people! He promised but did send a couple of his good friends to her over the next year. He used to call her up, thanking her over and over and saying something to the effect of "All the money I spent, going all over looking for a cure..and then I find you...this eccentric old woman in this little house in Florida.." something like that. The sad part of this story is that her son was ultra religious and thought what she did was "The work of the devil" He would sometimes hang up the phone if people tried to call his mom about this. He was very grumpy and unfriendly when you were there. I heard from my friend that 2 years after I saw her, her son had her put in a nursing home... basically throw her out as well as all her things. The nusing home was not near where we lived. He seemed to do it on purpose so it would not be easy to help her. We wanted to help her. She did not want to be in that home and did not need to be! I did actually email Magic, thinking maybe he could help..hire an attorney or something for her. I had to go through his webpage (as I of course did not have a personal contact for him) and wondered if he ever even saw my email. I just told him her name and what had happened. I never heard from him though. I am not sure what happened to the old woman now, as this was a few years ago...JUST MY STORY...It is true to my knowledge.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Jazzerman

How do you explain why HIV and AIDS has not been isolated or cultured?

Have you seen the film "House of Numbers"? You can see it for free on YouTube. If so, what do you think of it?

Why would one of the best biologists in the world, like Peter Duesberg, say otherwise?

What about the claim that AIDS patients die from AZT, a chemo drug?

Is it true that each time you test for AIDS, you get a different result?

Has anyone with HIV who did not take AZT, ever died?

How come HIV is the only virus that kills 100 percent of those infected?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by WWu777

Most people don't die of HIV/AIDS per se, they die of secondary infections due to a weakened immune system. With treatment many people with HIV can be more or less in a state where they don't get better, but they don't get worse either - I suspect that this is the case with Magic Johnson. He's got luck and the best drugs and doctors that money can buy.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by HondaCivic

Dear HondaCivic

18 years is not such a big deal these days. I work every day with a woman who has had HIV from birth and was rescued from the AIDS stage of the infection.

She is now the oldest living person in the whole of Asia to have had HIV from birth.

She is healthy and well and is earning about $200USD a month.

sorry i forgot to say she is 24 years old last sumer
edit on 27-11-2011 by MAC269 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I have always thought it interesting that he is still alive. When HIV first came about it appeared to be very virulent and people died by the masses. In the early 80's it was considered a death sentence by most. I believe not only that it was engineered in a lab but there is also a cure for this as well as cancer. There was a man by the name of Royal Rife who invented a powerful microscope and isolated a viral cause of cancer. This man cured many of cancer who were terminally ill. The same cures HIV as well. Of course this sounds preposterous to most but there is no money to be made if cancer or HIV are cured. Big Pharma distorts the truth and hoped that over time the reality of this cure would be forgotten. Another thing I found interesting was this. Shortly after HIV was discovered the surgeon general made an announcement on TV seeming to have all the answers regarding the disease. This included factors that would normally need to be studied over long periods of time. I'm sure they had studied it over a long time! Also look at the groups HIV started from. It is pretty obvious. Sure there have been famous and rich that have died of Aids but actually those are very few cases. Today the meds to treat HIV are very expensive as is the treatment for cancer, which regarding cancer treatment that itself can cause cancer.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join