It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magic Johnson living for 18 years or more with HIV? cure found??

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   
There are so many factors that it's hard to know why Magic Johnson hasn't gotten sick yet but one possibility is genetics. Normal people have two copies of a gene that codes for a surface protein that AIDS uses to gain entry into a cell. People lacking both copies of this gene can not be infected with AIDS. People lacking one copy can be infected but the disease progresses much more slowly typically taking several decades to become full-blown AIDS. Magic Johnson might just be one of these people who happens to possess only one copy of this gene.

There are a number of people who have the virus apparently entirely removed from their body through the use of anti-viral cocktails; and with some of those people if they discontinue the antivirals the virus does not return indicating that the virus has truly been removed from their system.

However, the shared surface protein coded in AIDS and CD4 cells doesn't just serve to mask the virus from the hosts immune system, it elicits an immune response against the bodies own CD4 cells. That auto-immune response can cause a patient to go on to develop full-blown AIDS even in the complete absence of any detectable virus. A handful of these patients have been treated to stop the auto-immune response, then given a bone marrow transplant, and recovered.

The way the virus destroys the CD4 count is to keep causing them to be reproduced and killed until the stem cells they come from reach their Hayflick limit and fail to reproduce further. Although these stem cells do contain some telomerese, it is not sufficient to replace shortened telomeres as fast as the cells are caused to divide in an AIDS patient so the Hayflick limit is eventually reached.

The bone marrow transplant addressed this by providing a fresh set of stem cells with normal length telomeres and reproductive capacity after the auto-immune issues was addresses.

To the best of my knowledge this has been done on seven patients and they have all recovered, but that was some time ago that I read about this.

I sure wouldn't recommend that anyone counts on the luck that a very small percentage of people have, either with exceptional response to antivirals or exceptional genetics. Those people are the rare exception.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by HondaCivic
Dont you find it interesting how Magic Johnson isnt dead yet after having HIV for over 18 years?? I mean i hear of people dying in less than a couple years and yet this man has done almost the impossible and lived for over 18 years.. and this guy is STILL NORMAL and functioning the same..

has the government found the cure for aids??? are they hiding it from us?? man i find this very confusing....

whats your insight on this?

I think the simple answer is that maybe he never had it. People, especially the famous, claim things in the press all the time. That doesn't mean they're telling the truth.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Actually, as long as you have the money (As mr. Johnson does), you can expect to live an almost normal life.

Also, HIV isn't expected to shorten your life period by a significant amount today, due to the anti-viral cocktails you can get.

Of course, this should'nt let people act carelessly when it comes to diseases anyway.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I heard from word of mouth that Magic has been using a special kind of water that actually is suppose to totally take out the HIV virus. It is also been used to take away serious cancer problems and other adult diseases. I think the water is called Kangen water. I can't verify these reports but I guess he has been using this water from the beginning of him contracting the virus. I might be a joke but I wouldn't be surprised that something as simple as water healing someone. I have to do some more research but I know the Japanese have been using it for over thirty years. There are a bunch of websits for this certain device, but hey, why not give every thing a try. I wish he would tell us what his secret is for looking so good. Like people have said, I know of people looking really bad and dying within a couple of years. Must be one huge cover up to keep the pharma companies in business and also have the gov making extra profit.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Jazzerman

one thing that is a truth is that the limitations of man's insight into the future makes it impossible to tell where we are going and what will be thought up.

Example: to the minds of peoples from the middle ages, the concept that we would all be riding around in independently operated mechanical personal vehicles known as automobiles was unfathomable. but just because something is unfathomable now, does not mean that it is impossible at some point in the future. This is because of all the new information that will be made available in the time from now until whatever point in the future. It is because of this new information that new ideas can then be made, problems solved, and maybe viruses actually cured.

Despite the obvious current advantage a viral strain has over us in the form of a simplistic design and it's microscopic inter-cell geometry, it should be said that as humans we will amass information until enough of it will allow us to succeed in our quest.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   
"Method of curing AIDS with tetrasilver tetroxide molecular crystal devices"
Document Type and Number: United States Patent 5676977

'A single intravenous injection of the devices is all that is required for efficacy at levels of about 40 PPM of human blood. The device molecular crystal contains two mono and two trivalent silver ions capable of "firing" electrons capable of electrocuting the AIDS virus, pathogens and ISM. When administered into the bloodstream, the device electrons will be triggered by pathogens, a proliferating virus and ISM, and when fired will simultaneously trigger a redox chelation mechanism resulting in divalent silver moieties which chelate and bind active sites of the entities destroying them. The devices are completely non-toxic. However, they put stress on the liver causing hepatomegaly, but there is no loss of liver function.'

See - www.freepatentsonline.com/5676977.html

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
common cold and HIV can not be categorized together. One is a serial killer, one is not. For this reason, efforts that were spared with common cold and all such small killers will not be spared with this monster. It will be made to succuumb. Time will tell.....

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I had been trying to find the source, but to no avail. Years ago i heard a theory that he never even was HIV positive. I can't remember who was saying this nor where i got this information. It's also possible this particular person has already been discredited. I have no idea either way. What i do remember though is what he said about it. Basically Magic was in France with some buddies and they purchased a female companion for him. After comeing back to the states it was found out that this "lady" was a post-op transvestite and was HIV positive or had full blown AIDs i can't remember which. Even though it would be more unlikely NOT to recieve the HIV virus in that manner he still went and got tested. The doctor Magic went to thought of a way to put himself in the lime light and make some money, so he fudged the results to show Magic was HIV positive and helped Magic get involved and be the spokes person for a foundation. It was eventually shown that Magic showed no evidence of the virus at all and the truth was known, though everyone involved thought it would be better for all if it was never released and publicised. Once again i have no idea on the validity of this. Though it does seem plausible. I just thought it was an interesting idea.

Also i was going too look for references on this one too but am a bit tired to do much searching. There was some show i was watching (would of most likey been on TLC, Discovery, or PBS since those are what i watch most) There is a relatively new "gene therapy" (i call it that cause i don't know of anything better to call it, not sure it falls into that category technically speaking). Basically our cells have a fail safe that if they start makeing incorrect copies then those cells are destroyed and dont' get the chance to pass anything bad along. It's when this fail safe fails itself, things like cancer can grow. They have already showed promise with certain problems that can occur with our eyes. The trick is to convince this system to either do it's job or to think a certain something else is the bad cell, by altering certain genetic codeing. ( i really wish my memory was better to provide more specifics) The theory is that with this procedure we can cure absolutely anything. The problem they are faceing is understanding the human genome enough to actually do this, with everything that is out there to be cured i think it will be a long while till they can get enough info to do this.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Thain Esh Kelch

I read something that basically said that HIV patients can now live "normal lifespans" provided they have access to the drug cocktails and other forms of treatment.

Medical technology has come a long way even in just the last few years.

I say with confidence that one day cancer will also be manageable in the same style as with HIV and even with current treatments, death rates are dropping but unfortunately incidence rates are on the rise

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
More and more research is making it clear that HIV does NOT cause AIDS. It is a mere passenger virus, and one that is in fact difficult to pass merely through sexual transmission (most likely path is through IV infection). The HIV virus is an INDICATOR that you are engaging in risky activity, but it in itself will NOT kill you. Kary Mullis, Nobel Prize winner in Chemistry and inventor of the PCR test used to determine HIV status (which he believes is being misused, BTW) submits that AIDS is merely the result of a human immune system breaking down due to what he terms "vital overload", most of it related to a combination of substance abuse and cumulative repeated infections of other STDs such as gonorrhea and syphilis. He blames not only IV drugs but the nitrite inhalants (poppers) and methamphetamines that are grossly abused by gay males. Dr. Mullis also points out that repeated infections of common STDs are often recklessly treated with large doses of antibiotics, resulting in antibiotic-resistant strains that create even more damage. Mohamed el Barati, a toxicologist in Northern California, has a similar theory, with more emphasis on both illegal substances compounded with specific occupational exposure to organic aerosols and solvents. Many HIV positive people lead long, reasonable healthy lives merely by cleaning up their act. However, the AIDS industry pushes the "we are all at risk" HIV=AIDS theory (never formally proven, BTW) in order to keep the BILLIONS in government funding rolling to support a large contingent of researchers, bureaucrats, and "activists". If anyone in the establishment did take a hard look at the HIV=AIDS hypothesis and question the conventional wisdom, there might be a lot of people without work...

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by BEAU SFV

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by HondaCivic
Dont you find it interesting how Magic Johnson isnt dead yet after having HIV for over 18 years?? I mean i hear of people dying in less than a couple years and yet this man has done almost the impossible and lived for over 18 years.. and this guy is STILL NORMAL and functioning the same..

has the government found the cure for aids??? are they hiding it from us?? man i find this very confusing....

whats your insight on this?

Well one recent thing that is said to be a permanent cure is that some
ppl are immune to aids.

They have a gene marker CCR5 Delta 32 that also makes them immune
to the plague.

Article here:

Bone Marrow Transplant cures AIDS patient ?

As for Magic Johnson I have no idea, but a person was recently
given bone marrow from someone that had the double marker
of CCR5 Delta32 and their aids symptoms are gone.

AIDS link to the Plague and immunity to both

CDC article about CCR5 Delta 32 from 2002

The presence and effect of CCR5 Delta 32 has been known for years,
but has not been put forward as a cure.

To me the fact this wasn't pursued with tremendous public awareness
is quite puzzling at best, and possibly criminal at the worst.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I believe Mr Johnson has HIV, not full blown AIDS. The two are totally different topics. Its kind of like having a large tumor, but its benign... but at some point it may turn malignant. Also, even if this is not true AIDS does not kill anyone. There has never been a single death related to AIDS alone. AIDS disrupts and decreases the immune system so much that even the common cold, or the flu kills the patient.

To suggest that Magic never even had HIV, or AIDS is absolutely ludacris. Those who mentioned it/ fully believe it, I hope you contract it yourself, because I will be here on these boards telling everyone how its just a big conspiracy.

Mr Johnson just has a very good immune system that is all. He is a star athlete, and is in tremendous shape because of his profession. That is why he hasnt died yet.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
There is actually a cure in the making it a major bone marrow transplant lok it up saw it on Yahoo news.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Yea I have heard of these bone marrow transplants, but any surgery involving the marrow is excruciatingly painful. Also, there are plenty of antivirals out today that are capable of keeping HIV in check, so that it doesnt blow up to full on AIDS>

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
EN VIVO BLOOD CELL CLEANSING BY FREQUENCY PENETRATION (ELF) , ELECTRO-MAGNETIC PULSE WAVES APPLIED IN AREAS OF ALL LYMPH NODES
(GLANDS). A FLUSH PROGRAM TO REMOVE THE DEAD VIRAL CELLS CONSISTING OF COLLOIDAL SILVER IN A STATE OF ELECTRICALLY CHARGED SUSPENSION WITHIN DISTILLED WATTER COUPLED WITH DEIONIZED PURIFIED WATER. IN A SEQUENCE OVER A PERIOD OF 21 DAYS.THAT IS A ROUGH OVERVIEW OF THE U.S. PATENTED
TREATMENT FOR THE 100% CURE OF A.I.D.S. , H.I.V. , HEP. A,B,C, , AND MOST ALL OTHER BLOOD BOURNE PATHOGENS, MICROBES, VIRUS' AND PARASITES. THESE TREATMENTS ARE FEDERALLY ILLEGAL TO ADMINISTER
TO ANOTHER HUMAN IN THIS COUNTRY. HOWEVER IT IS NOT ILLEGAL TO TREAT YOURSELF. toolsforhealing.com NO MAGIC IN JOHNSON JUST THE DESIRE TO SEEK THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE OUTSIDE OF THE NORM THAT HAS BEEN CREATED IN THIS COUNTRY.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Have you ever heard of the optimum health institution? Dr Gershen or the Gershen institute in San Diego? Correct me on the spelling if I'm wrong. The government and/or the health industry has too much to lose if there were ever a cure. Or should I say, if the cure, alternative healing, were ever publicized.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

In the making, you say? I will tell you something, although it may eventually get me shot. AIDS is a created virus, created in an American laboratory, do you think for a second TPTB would have unleashed a virus they didn't have a cure for? AIDS has a protein "shield" that most antibiotics cannot penetrate, the protein must be broken down. The "cure" is made from the excrement of a certain Chinese fruit. The fruit is banned fro export, to keep it from the hands of science. Now you know. Just theory now, so don't take it to the media yet.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by HondaCivic

I think the ignorance people have on the subject, myself included, results in this question, resulting in the southpark episode, I just think it's dormant, I'm sure a lot of people have it dormant, live many years and don't know about it but it isn't publicized because they aren't magic johnson.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ATSGUY

Most likely he is consuming colloidal silver atoms from GoldenGevity:

Colloidal Silver has been proven to be very effective in dealing with many of viruses, bacteria and microbe afflictions. This video explains the difference between Colloidal Monatomic Atoms and nano particles. It explains that Nano Particle producers use dangerous chemicals and how to select the best products on the Market that do not have chemicals. There are a few producers, maybe 2 or 3 out of ten thousand producers that do not use chemicals before or after the production process. The benefits of having non chemically made colloids is that there are NO long term side effects, NO heavy metals, NO chemicals to worry about. Safe antioxidants. The video also covers the effectiveness of colloidal silver atoms vs. nano particles. www.gold2live.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">www.gold2live.com...

Explaining that monatomic atoms and subatomc particles are superior than the old fashioned colloidal silver particle

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join