It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is ATS Segregating?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by thelibra
Still, it might be worth looking into. What would you suggest as a fix for it?

Hmm, well I want to be clear that I am not pointing fingers at any one member with this thread, and what you say thelibra of course is true. Let's just say it was a nudge to the senior members to not forget about the newbies and get engaged, especially when you spot talent.

I don't know that there really is a "fix" per se, or that anything really needs to be fixed. Other than alphebetizing both friends lists. I feel that needs to be done to avoid any unnecessary sentiments.

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Let's just say it was a nudge to the senior members to not forget about the newbies and get engaged, especially when you spot talent.

Ah, okay, well I'll try and make an effort to visit more newbie threads. I try to help them out when I see them around, like bjshobbes, whom I noticed was very polite, and honestly making an effort to learn the ins and outs of ATS and BBCode. Admittedly though, I've never really made actively seeking out newbie threads a priority, because I usually click on a thread for the title, rather than the author.

Perhaps maybe a Mentor Drive, or something, where the senior members of ATS volunteer to take on some newbies to help them get acquainted with the other members and how things are done?

I think perhaps the flag system is also helping considerably in this area. It's probably one of the best innovations I've seen on ATS yet.

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I don't believe that ATS is segrigating at all. I am relitivly new around these parts and I havent felt as if my threads have been ignored at all.

I have seen threads I have started be shut because they have been hammered out over and over and over again. but then I learned how to use the search feature.

I think that it has to do with quality of posts not the senority of the poster. If someone has something that is important to post about and has been here one day I think that it would still get the same amount of posts as those that have been here for years.

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by thelibra
Perhaps maybe a Mentor Drive, or something, where the senior members of ATS volunteer to take on some newbies to help them get acquainted with the other members and how things are done?

There is always the Adopt a New Member thread, but I can't get search to work very well here. Anyone got that link?

Thanks thelibra for making an effort to help out the newer members.

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Well from a new poster here it does seem very cliquey.

Nobody wants to address what i point out and it has not been discussed before
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm ready to give up.

[edit on 17-3-2007 by Rotator]

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rotator
Well from a new poster here it does seem very cliquey.

Nobody wants to address what i point out and it has not been discussed before
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm ready to give up.

Now see there, THAT just makes me feel bad, when you put it like that, Rotator. But let me see if I can give you some hope. Getting replies around here can sometimes seem like pulling teeth. But you just can't go by that. Some of your threads will just get more replies than others.

One thing that seems to help sometimes is to ask questions in your original posts, and try to get people to think with a compelling argument. But there really is no certain formula that works all the time. The time of day has a bearing on replies as well. Just keep posting and find good, controversial content. You truly are in a sea of monsters here- many very intelligent people that take some real brain stirring to get them to reply. Not easy.

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Believe me Rotator I have had plenty of threads that die unwarrented unnatural deaths. I have to admit that it sometimes gets very frustrating when you come across something that you feel is viable and important only to wach it slowly sink down the boards and fall off the edge never to be heard from again.

Heck I even made a thread about that exact phenominon (straingly it's my most popular thread to date)

There's an old saying where I come from, "Never start something you can't finnish, preferrably to subatomic particles" A kind of inside joke if you will about how to beat a dead horse. If you want to know about something that happened in 9/11 this board has it all.

I think that a lot of people here have rehashed 9/11 evidence so much that nothing much is new. So when a 9/11 thread pops up many feel a been there done that thing about it.

Don't be too discouraged by it. Believe me everyone has threads that just tank. Most of mine do too. Your not allone with that feeling so keep looking and keep posting. I do have to say your off to a great start.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join