It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why is bush and cheney still in office

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
everyone i talk to is furious and hates him they say is the worst pres ever it is clear he was involved with 911 nobody voted for him the lection were rigged a computer programer for the diebold company even came out and said so! he did nothing about katrina? he said he is a wartime pres with war on his mind were is the backlash? were are the media reports? why is he still in office? why was there no revolution?

[edit on 28-1-2007 by leaderoftheresitance1]

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   
1) The previous Congress (Republican) was of the same party as Bush and Cheney and would never have been impartial enough to bring impeachment proceedings.

2) Why would one impeach Bush in order to end up with Cheney and on down the former sordid line of succession--too many impeachments until one honest man or woman was found (lol)

Here is John Dean's recommendation to begin impeachment proceedings, and he should know best!
Impeachment

Tell every voter you know to email/write their Congress person to start the above proceedings as Mr. Dean recommends. Tell the Dems to use their spine, etc.

This could be the just the house cleaning our country needs.

America does have revolutions. They're bloodless and occur each time we vote. Witness last Fall! Yay! So be a revolutionary everyone!

If you know young people, check out www.rockthevote.com

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I think the question/thread should read, "Why are Bush and Cheney still in office?".

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I despise Bush and I look forward to when the man leaves the oval office. But the question is, "Why shouldn't he be?" Americans voted him in, twice! His second term has not ended yet, so that is the answer right there. In some of our opinions he may of done deeds that are worthy of impeachment. But the simple fact that he has not been impeached, indicates the contrary. Our opinions can not cloud the facts.

He won the election, Americans voted him, nothing else to do but count the days until 2008.

Originally posted by Zhenyghi
I think the question/thread should read, "Why are Bush and Cheney still in office?".

Grammar Police!

chissler does a horrendous police siren!

But you would be grammatically correct.

[edit on 1-2-2007 by chissler]

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Those two criminals need to be tried and convicted. I'm getting sick an tired of them getting away with everything that they do. I didn't vote for those two the first time or the second time. I would love to see those two excorted out of the White House in handcuffs.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   
So true, chissler. There has to be reason beyond just not agreeing with/liking an official; that is what voting out of office is for. Impeachment should not be trivialized/politicized; it is a grave matter.

“The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.”
Article II, Section 4 of the United States Constitution

A case for either treason, bribery or "other high Crimes and Misdemeanors" would have to be made. John Dean believes there are impeachable offenses.

Interesting: will the Libby trial bring anything up on Cheney committing a crime? The least should be that Bush keep his promise about getting rid of anyone in his administration who was "involved" leaking the name.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Do I like Bush or Chaney- Hell NO!

Should we impeach them? NO!

The fact of the matter is, no matter how much you dislike them, they Impeachment isn't the best option. For starters, we're fighting a war. Trying to shake up the executive branch right now would be disruptive and undermine people's confedence in our government.

Second, there no proof (as far as I know) that either man was directly involved in War Crimes.

What are you planning to charge them with that you can prove? Being unpopular? There's no crime there!

Tim

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I tell you,
Its worth spending the thousands of $$$ To go to DC, and party with all the people in the streets during his final day in office.

Should the America we love still be alive in 2008, thats definately worth a holiday.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by leaderoftheresitance1
everyone i talk to is furious and hates him they say is the worst pres ever it is clear he was involved with 911 nobody voted for him the lection were rigged a computer programer for the diebold company even came out and said so! he did nothing about katrina? he said he is a wartime pres with war on his mind were is the backlash? were are the media reports? why is he still in office? why was there no revolution?

[edit on 28-1-2007 by leaderoftheresitance1]

WHY? Because there hasn't been a new election YET hahah:-)

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Bush and Cheney are still in office because all the Democrats had to offer in the last 2 Presidential elections were ALGORE and Kerry.

It gets even better...The Democrat Party is going to have Hillary represent them in 2008! When will they ever learn? LOL!

Unfortunately Bush can't run for a 3rd term. Franklin Roosevelt ruined that for him. But on the bright side it's perfect timing for a Newt Gingrich presidency!

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by leaderoftheresitance1
everyone i talk to is furious and hates him they say is the worst pres ever

Not everyone in this country is 12, or easily excitable.

it is clear he was involved with 911

To you, maybe. Many of the rest of us have seen no evidence.

nobody voted for him

Ok, now you are being just absurd. A lot of folks voted for him, both times. Stop claiming that your 'side' is the overwhelming majority, when it's clearly not.

the lection were rigged a computer programer for the diebold company even came out and said so!

Must have missed that article on CNN. What about all the jurisdictions not using such machines? That'd be some fantastic programming!

he did nothing about katrina?

Erm, I recall a ton of aid going their way. Was it handled as best it could be? Nah. Is that Bush's fault? Why would it be?

I stubbed my toe this morning. Why didn't Bush do anything about it?

he said he is a wartime pres with war on his mind

Shouldn't he be?

were is the backlash? were are the media reports? why is he still in office? why was there no revolution?

He's still in office because there isn't evidence that he's done something wrong, let alone something even close to impeachable.

[edit on 2/28/2007 by Hobbes]

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Hey man, George Bush is cool.. He makes me laugh.. :p

new topics

top topics

join