It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snapple out to destroy the enviornment?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   
hi
, as a freewebs user myself, i was searching the directory for urban legends and stuff..

i came across this website

www.freewebs.com...

it's on wikipedia under Snapple too, if you read the site, it gives you a link to it

i think its pretty interesting personally, its different from most i guess..

some feedback is appreciated so i can maybe learn a little more about this

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   
It's hard to believe that anyone could take this seriously.

I mean, in what way could Snapple execute their daring plan to destroy the world?

It's not like lemonade is associated with summer and hot sun, or anything, is it? Do you seriously think that Snapple has some sort of global warming ray and is giving away little hints on their lemonade label by their choice of font? Do you really think that there's a Snapple Iceberg Capture ship ready to assist the destruction of the earth by lasering off a big chunk of the Antarctic ice pack and towing it home to make tasty iced teas and lemonades?

I think the guy needs his meds adjusted up a bit.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   
i sort of feel the same way about all that stuff when i read it too

but the whole thing about them owning stocks and bonds in environmental organizations and whatnot is a little more believable, don't you think?
every company wants money, maybe snapple just wants it really bad

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   
If they could cause massive global warming in some way, wouldn't it be better to blackmail the UN like some sort of bad James Bond movie?

Not to mention, if you had that technology, you could sell it for way more money than you'd make investing in sun screen or whatnot.

Two thumbs down.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   
i know how you feel, it sounds stupid, but i mean, i kind of like it..

you make it seem like global warming is hard to bring on, when its not, its simply everyone using things that kill the atmosphere in someway, and we do this everyday, think about it, when steam engines were created (1600s i believe) obviously there wasnt a lot, so lets say that by the 1800's, there had been quite some fossil fuels being used, but now think about how much more it is being used, and how condensed it is to certain areas, so im going to say that in my opinion, it was only about 150 years of all of our burning of fossil fuels that contributed to deteriorating the ozone. Now lets take in all of the aerosol sprays, and anything else that is used everyday that contributes to the killing of the ozone..

what im saying is, we've only really had a considerable amount of air pollutants contributing to global warming for about 200 years... That's not a lot, at all.

My final point is, that if it only took 200 years of considerable pollutants being released to cause what has happened now (assuming that you believe pollutants are what are causing global warming), then its not that hard, ESPECIALLY today, to contribute to global warming.

Now to relate this to Snapple, they have factories, which probably dont cause as much pollutants to be released as other companies, there is still some. Maybe they are going to expand their company to do more things, which means they have to make more factories, to burn more fuel, to release more pollutants, to make more money

Sorry if a lot of that sounds like mumbo jumbo, but its late, my fingers are like ice, and its hard to type right now

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I dunno, I guess I'm going to have to say that I can't imagine they're going to open a couple of factories, so they're planning on making some serious coin from buying environmental stocks due to the global warming the factories will cause, and to celebrate it, they're encoding hints in the lemonade labels.

Sounds like the guys on wiki are really bored and looking for "paul is dead" stuff now.

top topics

join