It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World War II Sighting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   
My Grandfather was in the US Navy, and was present in Pearl Harbor when it was bombed. He had just joined the Navy and was one year into his service December 7, 1941. He was on a tug boat going back to Pearl when the attack happened and saw the bombings and explosions from about 5-7 miles out. The ship he was on did have a few weapons aboard, and when the Japanese Zeros were flying over they were scraped a few times and they did shot back. My grandfather served for a total of 8 years.
To my point. About 2 years after Pearl, my grandfather was out in the Pacific Ocean somewhere, this time on a Destroyer and they were suppose to meet up with another ship. (Don’t know the name of either ship) They had radio contact with the other ship for a couple of days. When they got closer to the other ship, the other ship ceased communication. They started to worry a bit, as the other ship was still on radar and no other contacts. During this happening I should mention that my grandfather was OOD, so he was privy to what was happening. So once they were within visual contact with this ship the ship my grandfather was on was still trying to get them on radio to no avail. They were also signaling to the ship with lights also to no avail. Hours later as they got within a mile of this non-communicative ship, they launched a small boat to come along side of this other ship to visual inspect and then board this ship. Apparently there were about 12 men, including my grandfather, which were sent over to the other ship. Once they circled around once and saw there was no damage from attack and nothing out of the ordinary, they climbed up the side of this ship and boarded her. They were all astounded to find nothing, no men, no people, nothing. My grandfather told me that he walked into the mess hall, there was food on the tables, place settings, food was prepared, but nothing else. They searched that ship for hours and found nothing. Just an empty ship. All the supplies were still onboard; he said it was if the men just disappeared. Strange?
They were ordered to disembark and go back to there ship. They did. And for a few days just stayed real close to the other empty ship, after which another ship came along side (an American ship) but it had no name, my grandfather just knew it was American. The ship my grandfather was on was ordered to steam to San Diego. When they got to San Diego a group of Government types boarded and they were all told to never talk about this story and was determined to be classified. Every man on that ship got reassigned to places all over the globe and most never saw one another again. I guess a common thing in the military when something like this happens. I asked my grandfather what he thought happened. He swears he saw UFO’s when he was on a couple small Japanese Islands. He attributed this incident to E.B.E.’s however he used the term little guys from space that took these men off that ship never again to be seen. Well who knows maybe they have returned. I wanted to share this story with you guys, as it is the most interesting story my grandfather has ever told to me.

By the Way my grandfather swears by this story and a colleague of mine states he read this story in a book he once read.

Anybody heard of this happening? It would have been in and around 1943 in the South Pacific.

[edit on 1/28/2007 by Illuminated_1]

[edit on 1/28/2007 by Illuminated_1]

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   
This sounds similar to many Bermuda Triangle stories of ships found floating adrift with noone onboard and food still sitting on the tables. I wonder if this is a phenomena not only confined to the "Devils Triangle" ? interesting story even though its not unique.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I think this is the same as my grandpa.. hes been AWOL for a loooong time and also had felony charges for drinking that was caused from this...

He told me pretty much the same thing... I usually dont read the clumped long ones cause of my eyes but this one caught my attention.. I would ask more about it but hes not with us anymore but out of memory he had said that

"There were odd flashes and *bleep* and these people on the radio kept callin back to us to meet and when we got there no one was there and the *beep*in slop they fed us was on the tables and *slurred words as grandpa had a couple to drink* sos we got back and I got reassigned to the F*bleep* (sailor mouth XD) Atlantic sos I just left"

im guessing that the odd flashes would be like your grandpa's flying things at the time and well obviously the ship was empty and the reassignment was from the government..

Just tryin to help with the credibility a little sorry I cant tell you more on the story itself ^_^;; if he was still with us im sure I could get him to write a whole long thing about it but that was itself the most memorable conversation I had with him(on the subject of his military career)

Bear Man

Thanks for the memory ^_^;

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 04:25 AM
link   
hmmm......... without a ship name or pennant number , i dunno where to start

many elements of your grandfathers story raise suspicion

i am curious , why did he not tell you the names of any vessels involved ?

one verifiable fact , is that only one tug which was listed as outside the boom at peral harbour engaged the attacking aircraft :

that was the USS Keosanqua (AT-38)

if that was indeed your grandfathers vessel on 7th december - at least you have a cocrete start point

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Thank you gents for your responses.
My grandfather is still alive; he is 88 or 89 this year, lives in Sylmar, CA. I haven't talked to him in over a year; maybe I’ll give him a call and get a bit more info. BTW. It wasn't that he didn’t tell the same of the ships, I just don’t remember. I wonder if he'll remember now. I will follow up and find out what I can.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I would love to hear more about this. Please email me. Thanks

new topics

top topics

join