It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to Eliminate the World of Militaristic and Terroristic Violence

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Teach them the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.

AND make sure it is taught!!!

If you exert violence, you will receive violence. If you do not exert violence and receive violence, Glorified are You!!!

Love and Peace!!!

[edit on 28-1-2007 by GreatTech]

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   
no
they'll find a way to twist it and skew it to fit their purposes
just like they did with islam

case and point
ireland
or the "christian identity" movement

best way to end militaristic and terroristic violence is increasing the levels of basic education
and attacking the other root causes

religion has nothing to do with ending violence
to the contrary
all religions (in rare cases even buddhism) seem to breed violence

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
all religions (in rare cases even buddhism) seem to breed violence

If life were created without some sense of religion, life would never had existed at all.

God Rules!!!

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
If life were created without some sense of religion, life would never had existed at all.

um
life starts out without religion
i was born an atheist
you were born an atheist
everyone else on ATS, BTS, and PTS was born an atheist

religion is something that must be taught
belief in a supernatural being is something that must be taught
there is an indoctrination process that must go on with these beliefs, because they aren't testable

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   

um
life starts out without religion
i was born an atheist
you were born an atheist
everyone else on ATS, BTS, and PTS was born an atheist

religion is something that must be taught
belief in a supernatural being is something that must be taught
there is an indoctrination process that must go on with these beliefs, because they aren't testable

Belief in God is independent of what is taught. Although it may be feebly altered by what is taught, faith is based on a Supernatural connection with God, the creator of the Universe.

No human being is born an atheist. We are all born believers, but some get swayed by the glamour of science. As a result, two of the multitude of problems created by this are weapons and greed.

Based on my experience with God the last 11 years, I would believe in God no matter whether there were a Holy Bible, church, or another believer.

You will believe in God; the only question is whether it will be sooner or later.

God Bless All!!!

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   
tech, your point is illogical
mainly because
my point on everyone being an atheist at birth is logical
you can't be born with a belief
nobody is born understanding anything
much less having complete faith in something they don't know about

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   

tech, your point is illogical
mainly because
my point on everyone being an atheist at birth is logical
you can't be born with a belief
nobody is born understanding anything
much less having complete faith in something they don't know about

Consider that conceived and born children have Subconscious Supernatural Belief. This Belief is only activated when God deems it appropriate. All is done for the Glory of God.

When you find God, you discover that His Love and Power are both awesome and humbling. Life requires a balance. In this Life, without balance, I am afraid that the earth, sun, stars, and galaxies would be extremely disordered and we would would have failed to exist long ago. God's Supernatural guiding hand creates the order He decrees in His Infinite Will.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Christian bomber

Mother kills child

Hitler was raised Catholic

And let’s not forget the crusades

I could go on and on, but this should be enough to make my point. Christians can be violent.

I am not blaming Christianity for these atrocities, neither am I bashing your beliefs. I am only making a point that teaching the gospel of Christ is not enough to prevent violence.

People could embrace the violent parts of the Christian Bible, they could just go insane, they could put religious beliefs aside long enough to be violent, or they could pervert their beliefs to support their violent behavior. The same has happened in almost every religion.

Like I said, I am not putting down your religious beliefs, just your statement that teaching about Christ will prevent violence or terrorism. I think it is overly simplistic or perhaps not well thought out.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by wellwhatnow
Christian bomber

Mother kills child

Hitler was raised Catholic

And let’s not forget the crusades

I could go on and on, but this should be enough to make my point. Christians can be violent.

I am not blaming Christianity for these atrocities, neither am I bashing your beliefs. I am only making a point that teaching the gospel of Christ is not enough to prevent violence.

People could embrace the violent parts of the Christian Bible, they could just go insane, they could put religious beliefs aside long enough to be violent, or they could pervert their beliefs to support their violent behavior. The same has happened in almost every religion.

Like I said, I am not putting down your religious beliefs, just your statement that teaching about Christ will prevent violence or terrorism. I think it is overly simplistic or perhaps not well thought out.

wellwhatnow, I have many questions for you; I will list 10:

1) Do you think that Jesus Christ was violent in teaching or action?
2) Who in history was less violent in teaching and action in history than Jesus Christ?
3) Do you think that Jesus Christ was not the Messiah?
4) Do you celebrate Christmas?
5) Do you celebrate Easter?
6) Are you unhappy that years in time are designated in many western and eastern nations according to Jesus Christ's temporary earth life?
7) Who in history is the least violent human/deity?
8) Do you believe that all teachings no matter how right are absorbed?
9) Do you believe that all teachings no matter how right are practiced?
10) Do you know of a human being other than than Jesus Christ that was resurrected from the dead after a crucifixion?

God Bless All!!!

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   

... some get swayed by the glamour of science. As a result, two of the multitude of problems created by this are weapons and greed.

Dearest GreatTech,
Albert Einstein was a pacifist. Science in and of itself is not the culprit. It is how we use science. It is how we use religion. It is how we use economic (do we become greedy?).

We must LIVE Life as Jesus lived. He is our example. It is not enough to teach about Him, but we must LIVE like Him, conscious that we are all brothers and sisters, all One Family. "Love one another as I have loved you"--unconditionally.

Maybe that is what you meant.

Teaching words is not enough, but LIVING consciously those lessons is the goal, as if each second (not ever knowing or caring about or worrying about the end of the world/our Life) was important, there to challenge us to live our best. To love each other as we love ourselves. And we must love ourselves fully to be able to love fully outside ourselves.

Others may choose to be militaristic or violent. That is why it is important to not choose to be that way (no eye for an eye). The choice is always up to us.
Good is more powerful than evil, always.

Yes, God's Blessings to All!
Amen

[edit on 28-1-2007 by desert]

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   
though none of these questions were posted to me, i felt like i should respond

the temple, with the anger over selling things inside of it
angry action

2) Who in history was less violent in teaching and action in history than Jesus Christ?

buddha
or gandhi

my well established position on this is that there was never a messiah
nor a god

only to spend time with family and friends

no

6) Are you unhappy that years in time are designated in many western and eastern nations according to Jesus Christ's temporary earth life?

a bit
but meh, that's life

buddha or gandhi
those are only the ones i am aware of

no clue how to respond to that wording

same as 8

10) Do you know of a human being other than than Jesus Christ that was resurrected from the dead after a crucifixion?

tricky wording
it forces the acknowledgement of your biggest religious dogma
i know of NO FIGURES that have ever been brought back from the dead in reality
in myth, "jesus" and dionysus both cam back from the dead
so did osiris

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by desert

... some get swayed by the glamour of science. As a result, two of the multitude of problems created by this are weapons and greed.

Dearest GreatTech,
Albert Einstein was a pacifist. Science in and of itself is not the culprit. It is how we use science. It is how we use religion. It is how we use economic (do we become greedy?).

We must LIVE Life as Jesus lived. He is our example. It is not enough to teach about Him, but we must LIVE like Him, conscious that we are all brothers and sisters, all One Family. "Love one another as I have loved you"--unconditionally.

Maybe that is what you meant.

Teaching words is not enough, but LIVING consciously those lessons is the goal, as if each second (not ever knowing or caring about or worrying about the end of the world/our Life) was important, there to challenge us to live our best. To love each other as we love ourselves. And we must love ourselves fully to be able to love fully outside ourselves.

Others may choose to be militaristic or violent. That is why it is important to not choose to be that way (no eye for an eye). The choice is always up to us.
Good is more powerful than evil, always.

Yes, God's Blessings to All!
Amen

[edit on 28-1-2007 by desert]

desert, great post. I did not make my original post exremely clear; when I said "AND make sure it is taught!!!", I meant living like Christ. You made it much clearer.

You have a wonderful gift of enlightenment and God Bless You for it.

Love to All!!!

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 01:39 AM
link   

wellwhatnow, I have many questions for you; I will list 10:

I am not sure that Jesus existed, so I can’t vouch for the teachings or actions attributed to him. For the sake of Moving Past Religion 101 I’ll speak of Jesus as if he is a real historical figure. I think that Jesus was no pacifist, yet he did not practice any overt forms of violence. He strikes me as a true rebel and someone I would have loved to have hung out with.

There have been various true pacifists who have been completely non-violent.

Jesus, the Christ, is not MY messiah. That doesn’t mean that I don’t think he should be yours. What goes on between you and your deity is none of my business.

I celebrate Christmas, Kwanzaa, Chanukah, Yule, and the Winter Solstice.

I celebrate Oestra and Spring Equinox. Do you really believe that eggs and bunnies are about Jesus?

People are free to designate time anyway they please. I use BCE and CE myself.

There are simply too many to choose from.

I don’t understand the questions.

There are several deified figures that came back from the dead. Other than Jesus there is Osiris, Kali-ma, Dionysus, Adonis, Odin, Persephone, Inanna, and Mithras to name a few. For obvious reasons, overcoming death is an important feature of religion. Deities usually hold the promise of a favorable afterlife, and there is no better demonstration of this potential life after death than to rise from the dead.

I fail to see how these questions pertain to this thread though.
It is not my beliefs or yours that are in question. I am simply pointing out that in the real world, there are some violent Christians. I have posted links that support my ideas. It’s difficult for me to understand how you can overlook the information presented.

I also think it is worth pointing out that there are non-violent people who are not Christians. This would also tend to support my theory that knowing about (or even living like) Christ is not the ultimate answer to ending violence.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 05:07 AM
link   
GreatTech,

You're the kind of human being that makes me want to hate God out of spite. That is in the highly unlikely scenario that it exists, the term is otherwise meaningless.

Your stupidity and arrogance is just mind boggling.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Whoa there Vlad! I understand your frustration, believe me, I have been there. I have actually felt the same sentiment you expressed.

I can also say that it might be difficult to find anyone who disagrees with GreatTech any more than I do.

However, when you degrade GreatTech like this, you degrade all of ATS. While I might be anti-"spread the gospel," but I am very pro-ATS.

Why don't you tell us why you feel this way. I mean, argue your point while staying on topic. Give us some supporting info. Give us some evidence that demonstrates that the OP is wrong or right. Does teaching about Jesus really prevent violence? That's what the thread is about.

I don't mean to step on your toes, I just want to make a friendly suggestion. A friendly suggestion from a peer now has got to be better than an official warn from a moderator later.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Just dropping in to give my blunt opinion on the original post:

So militaristic and terroristic violance can all be eliminated by teaching your religion to "them all".

The amount of arrogance in ones own religious convictions and the amount of ignorance in regards to others religious beliefs that it takes to fuel such a statement is amazing.

To think that only your religious texts teach a message of peace and discourage violance towards others and therefor is the 'key' to ending some of this planets major issues also shows a misguided degree of self-righteousness.

All that I can say at this point is wow...just wow.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   

No human being is born an atheist.

And tell me, please, how do you know that this is true. I can not state that you are wrong in this posistion. But on the same merit you must, logically, adhere to that same sentiment with regards to my opinion. Because they are just that: opinions on an unknown.

We, at this point, have no way of knowinng if a child is born 'a believer' or a blank slate and therefor nobody has the right to claim either to be true.

We are all born believers, but some get swayed by the glamour of science. As a result, two of the multitude of problems created by this are weapons and greed.

Ah yes, science...that bastard! Damn you the erradication of small pox. Damn you the recent longevity of human life. Damn you this virtual means of communication which we are using at this moment. Damn you science!

And thank you all that is holy for religion and true believers. Thank you for those who skew religious teachings to justify the bombing of abortion clinics. Thank you for those who use religion as a way to dominate and control those who would otherwise not be controled. Thank you for true believers who make it there mission in life to demonize and harass those who do not believe as they do. Thank you for those true believers who make it their personal mission to tell all that are different from them that they will spend their eternal lives in damnation. Oh where would we be without our true believers?

See...I can lump everyone who believes a certain way into an ignorant and unfair group based on the actions/ideologies of a few individuals too.

It would be absurd to honestly think that everyone who is a believer would act in these ways or believe these things that I have listed. It would be offensive and ignorant of me to group all believers into a catagory defined by actions of a minority.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I had great intentions for this thread but it has failed miserably.

I have noticed that opposers to my best route for eliminating militaristic and terroristic violence do not offer alternative routes. I consider militaristic and terroristic violence to be extremely serious problems and I would be open to all best, great, and good solutions. These problems should not be covered up otherwise they will perpetuate.

Any good solutions to militaristic and terroristic violence?

God Bless!!!

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Any good solutions to militaristic and terroristic violence?

i already said
attack the root causes
poverty
ignorance
political inequity
etc

though, that will only solve in the long run
we need a short term strategy to work with it as well

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by wellwhatnow
However, when you degrade GreatTech like this, you degrade all of ATS. While I might be anti-"spread the gospel," but I am very pro-ATS.

Why don't you tell us why you feel this way. I mean, argue your point while staying on topic. Give us some supporting info. Give us some evidence that demonstrates that the OP is wrong or right. Does teaching about Jesus really prevent violence? That's what the thread is about.

I don't mean to step on your toes, I just want to make a friendly suggestion. A friendly suggestion from a peer now has got to be better than an official warn from a moderator later.

Thanks, Wellwhatnow, for being an example of diffusing anger and helping a fellow human being to do better. You have made the offer, and it is up to Vlad to accept or reject what you offer. You have this Consciousness of which I spoke earlier. That is what this thread is about.

Violence (and anger) will never go away in this world, but we can all do our part, as you have done, to lessen it and help others to be their best.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join