It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comment on the "war with Iran" posts

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arkangel4time
I am fairly certain his blanket statement about evangelicals really was meant to be targeted at "some" fundamentalists', who seem to be trying to hurry along the "rapture" scenario.

[of course I am assuming he just miss-typed]

You know it's funny you bring that up. I am a Christian and while I am not particularily evangelical or fundamental about it ( although I find few people worldwide understand what those terms ACTUALLY mean) I do beleive in the end times scenario (there are many interpritations of it).

BUT, I do not know personnally of ANY christian or am knowledgable of any christian organization or group (short of a few cult like sects) that beleive we can "speed up" or otherwise allow the "rapture" to happen. This includes the current Bush administraion (although many make this claim).

Those events, for those that beleive in a literal or semi literal interpretation of The Revelation, will happen according to God's will, regardless of what is done to hasten (or even slow) them down.

Polanski,

I was more irritated then offended, but thank you!

[edit on 4-2-2007 by Sr Wing Commander]

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
yeah I agree with most people grabbing a label from MSM, but that is maybe another thread to start? sorry to go slightly off topic here

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frith
Why would an Iran invasion be unlikely? Bush listed Iran in the Axis of Evil. The same list had Iraq in it. We know without any uncertainty at this point that Iraq was no threat to the USA and was of zero defensive value for invasion.

The exact same thing can happen with Iran. Nukes or not. Threat or not. Legality or not. It doesn't matter when it comes to the USA's foreign policy. If the USA wants to invade Iran, it will do so. We have seen in the very recent past that this is the case. All you need to do is look at Iraq.

There is no reason to conclude that the USA won't invade Iran simply because the Iraq invasion turned out so badly. The USA has shown its willingness to forego any diplomatic or even logical solutions when dealing with foreign nations they are targeting.

Well for one the cost would be somewhat of a preventive.

Second, it would be militarily difficult, at least without total mobilization, which would be a call up of all National Guard, Reserve, Inactive Reserve, and recently retired, and the beginnings of a draft. THAT is not going to happen, to high of a policitcal cost, not to mention probably alot of social disobedience. The only way I see that is if a NUKE was popped in the US or Europe.........then you might beable to pull it off.

No I still see a short to mid length air campaign to reduce Iran's military and technological capabilities down the tube. But we shall see.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join