It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"defensive " driving in Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
vid link

it shows how it is done , and i can see some of the thinking ,

BUT

it is IMHO , just begging for a islamist suicide bomber to manouver into trafic ahead of the convoy with a car full of explosives - all wired to a contact switch on his rear bumper

also - it is a poster boy tactic for the " what not to do " in the effort to win hearts and minds .

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Suicide bombers, IEDs, and other ambush types are precisely why this type of driving is done. This topic is already being discussed in the War on terrorism section.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 08:56 PM
link   
what do you expect them to do? Sit in a traffic jam so the terrorists can run out with RPGs, Granades and Aks and light up a sitting duck thats boxed in. Its not nice, but that humvee is a beast..i love the end of it

US Soldier: "Look at this guy, picking his nose without a #ing care in the world!"

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Lmao, oh man i wish i could do that here haha
But yea they are told to never stop and the faster they drive the harder target they make.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Pretty good driving if you ask me. Although anybody would get pissed off being even lightly being rear ended.

It seems as though the Iraqi drivers know what they are "suppose" to do though when a US military vehicle comes up from behind them or coming down the road on the wrong side.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Already being discussed here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please redirect

top topics

join