It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Threads Always Die

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I know you must feel like :bnghd:

When your

When you are trying to :bash: the competition

I just want to make sure you don't :w: and end up

So keep it real and have some fun.

Just trying to keep your thread alive

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Royal76
I know you must feel like :bnghd:

When your

When you are trying to :bash: the competition
I just want to make sure you don't :w: and end up

So keep it real and have some fun.

Just trying to keep your thread alive

Good use of smileys thanks
I am realy astounded that this thread that I started has gone so far.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   
If I makes you feel any better, the threads I start barely get off the ground, and I've killed more threads than I care to admit to...

Talk about good ideas gone to waste -- what's the point of bringing something up for discussion if the discussion dies after posting it?

'Tis a fact of ats life.

Not only does it take time, but it takes perserverance, the right timing (I come up with my greatest ideas when no one's online...), and the right people. Not everyone surfs on ats all the time -- give it a few days.

You can truly count a thread dead if it hasn't moved after about a week... (I'm still watching a few, poked 'em with a stick, threw rocks at 'em... nada. But, I've still got a few days left!!! That means they'll pick up, right? right?!)

((And yes, the pope wears a dress for all intents and purposes...))

P.S. I didn't think it proper to put on the thread, considering the serious nature of the topic itself, but I thought of a really neat story idea concerning the ghost brides... Tell the tale from the bride's point of view, when she's in the afterlife. (Not that I'm against gore, and the story might very well start out with a nice wallop if I catalog her death, but the meat of the story (pun unintentional) is what happens afterwards... since that's where the focus is of the people doing the deed in the first place.)

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diseria
If I makes you feel any better, the threads I start barely get off the ground, and I've killed more threads than I care to admit to...

Talk about good ideas gone to waste -- what's the point of bringing something up for discussion if the discussion dies after posting it?

'Tis a fact of ats life.

Not only does it take time, but it takes perserverance, the right timing (I come up with my greatest ideas when no one's online...), and the right people. Not everyone surfs on ats all the time -- give it a few days.

You can truly count a thread dead if it hasn't moved after about a week... (I'm still watching a few, poked 'em with a stick, threw rocks at 'em... nada. But, I've still got a few days left!!! That means they'll pick up, right? right?!)

((And yes, the pope wears a dress for all intents and purposes...))

P.S. I didn't think it proper to put on the thread, considering the serious nature of the topic itself, but I thought of a really neat story idea concerning the ghost brides... Tell the tale from the bride's point of view, when she's in the afterlife. (Not that I'm against gore, and the story might very well start out with a nice wallop if I catalog her death, but the meat of the story (pun unintentional) is what happens afterwards... since that's where the focus is of the people doing the deed in the first place.)

Im not discouraged anymore everyone thanks for the pick me up. the fact that this thread has gone this long is realy encouraging

Wouldent it be ironic if this thread became a BTS Big Thread? LOL I don't know if it could but it would be funny.

I do apreciate everyones ideas. I am not going to start posting bull plop just for the shock value or to get points or anything. I want to encourage people to think and I know sometimes I don't think the way the flow of the threads are going. But I try to post things that I feel are apropreate for this board.

P.S. Would that story be about what hapens in the afterlife when she meets the dude she is suposed to marry? What would that be like?

Dude: Hi I guess your my ghost bride
GB: Aw
I knew I shouldent have answered that ad :bnghd:

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Just wanted to say

Just so you know I'm not:

Just so you can feel the love I
before your thread.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Royal76
Just wanted to say

Just so you know I'm not:

Just so you can feel the love I
before your thread.

Hia Royal76 and welcome to ATS BTS and PTS how are you? Thanks for the input and I hope that this thread in paticular shows that even us noobs can make a thread that will go the distance.

I am realy impressed with all the feedback I am humbled by the show of love.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Funny, it looks like this is your most replied thread.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

I am realy impressed with all the feedback I am humbled by the show of love.

Is it Love? maybe from some!

Or is it spite? Just to prove you and title wrong?

My threads always die,and then it lasts

I`m unsure

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
Funny, it looks like this is your most replied thread.

your right it is. which is funny cause I wasnt expecting a single reply at all.

it's actualy the first time one of my threads has ever gotten to the point when you can no longer look at the entire thread while posting a reply.

and if its out of spite for the title thats good enough for me too. I live ATS

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   

P.S. Would that story be about what hapens in the afterlife when she meets the dude she is suposed to marry? What would that be like?

In essence, yes. Although I'd have to do more research, because I don't think she was a 'willing sacrifice', so to speak. Didn't they just pick random girls to be ghost brides? (I'll hafta re-read the thread..)

This idea of killing people for someone else is not entirely new -- many cultures slayed slaves and/or horses to join their masters. However, the interesting aspect is the fact that the girls were sent into the afterlife to be brides... I don't think I've _ever_ heard that one before... That, specifically, is what piqued my interest.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
anyway to get back on topic I think I have found the secret to keeping a thread alive. It is actual participation. Don't just let your threads die if they get a response jump on it and respond to the poster. That way they are involved and they also have a chance to respond back to your post.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
That, of course, assuming that the person/people in general return to the thread.

Sometimes you gotta find something new to post so that you can 'bump' your thread back onto the main page of Recent Posts. (Mind you, you can *bump the thread without adding anything, but such a move must be kept to a minimum... technically, it falls into the 'one-liner' category, which is why it's best to add something else.)

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Came in to check on the health and welfare of this thread.
Still alive!

anyway to get back on topic I think I have found the secret to keeping a thread alive. It is actual participation. Don't just let your threads die if they get a response jump on it and respond to the poster. That way they are involved and they also have a chance to respond back to your post.

I've noticed that responses are greater, if you ask a couple of questions in your posts as well. People may feel compelled to answer.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   
aha! now I have something that might make this thread realy go....

What threads have you all started that you thought were deserving that just died off the board? The ones that made you
and :bnghd: because they didnt even see the light of day with many posts?

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Pokes thread with a stick....

It's dead jim...

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   
IT'S ALIVE! IT'S ALIVE!!!!

But seriously, this thread is doing ok!

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Although I'm sure a moderator is looking to
it soon.

Just make sure you dont get

Then you life would be :w: &
like I warned earlier

So all and all

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I just wonder if you all have threads you thought that should have received more attention and would like to have a chance to post them here so that they might get a little love.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   

I just wonder if you all have threads you thought that should have received more attention and would like to have a chance to post them here so that they might get a little love.

All of the time... I think all of my threads should get at least a hundred posts...
Very few do. Once in a while I will come up with a thread that receives tremendous response but not often.
It's just the way it is.

[edit on 5-2-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
There are threads that I wish would pick back up again, but I cannot claim to have started them.

This one's mine:
Cut Global warming by being a Vegetarian?

This one isn't, but dang it... my ideas were just left hanging:
The Evil of Man

Besides that, I haven't been keeping up on things like I should... too busy doing homework, and essays, and research projects, oh my!

And you are a sweetie for wantin' to show love to 'almost dead' threads...

[edit on 5-2-2007 by Diseria]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join