It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Threads Always Die

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I don't know what is wrong with what I post. I have posted at least to me what I thought were some realy good ideas only to watch them slowly disapear off the threads without anyone replying.

Alternativly I see threads that hold little interest (to me at least) receive many many posts.

Im not saying its anyones fault but mine. Obviously my threads realy are poor quality and don't deserve anything but the thread grave. But I would like to see someone at least tell me why it is such a horrible thread. Least post something to say "dude! this realy is a terrible idea, pull your head out of your behind" Something.

I would love to contribute to the high quality of ATS but obviously I havent a clue what that would be. I think of myself as a relitivly intelegent individual. Perhaps a bit boring and understated.

Like I said before this is obviously my doing, I havent posted much in the way of an interesting topic for debate. And so I wonder, what am I doing wrong to get no responses to the posts I start?

Just venting here.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I like to look at it this way..........

My threads are so insightful and poignant that not much more can be added that is of any real value.

This thread won't die. Trust me.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Thanks for that, I doubt that my threads however are of such insight that no one could possibly add anything of real value to them as many of the threads I start end with a question. Or can be debated.

Just annother alternative energy source

Psychohistory...

Man arrested for Murdering "Ghost" Brides

These threads I thought were interesting but as you can see they obviously had no place here.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Try starting a thread that goes something like this........

"BTS saved My marriage"

"cybersex results in twins"

"Link found between herpes and solar flares"

"nearsightedness cured with ordinary popcorn"

Most of the threads on ATS fall into the "tabloid" catagory anyway.

Have fun, it's just entertainment.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 01:33 AM
link   

My Threads Always Die

My dog doesn`t eat meat.
Why?
I dont give it any.

Give them some meat to sink their teeth into.Not saying your threads didn`t,because I havn`t seen them to give an opinion.But something that would affect or spark "a lot of peoples" interest and involvement not just a few.

Even long term posters threads die,so dont take it personally.

Maybe take a look at Non-EssentialTips on Standing Out

Which has similar tips as what whaa is you.

If you know its good enough maybe give it a bump to see if people just missed it?

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Don't let it get to you! I think everyone has had threads die on them. Here are a few small tricks that may help you:

Timing: Watch the general flow of conversation on the forum. Often theads have better luck if you shift to a newer subject, or one that is really hot!

Perspective: Try going for a new point of view on a hot topic, if you can get people to look at something in a new way, often that will spark a discussion.

Eye Catching: See if you can make your new threads stand out a bit. One way to do this is with an icon (such as a flashing blue light). If you look under the Subject Box at the top, you will see a row of Icons you can select from to help your thread stand out!

Good Luck! B.T.W. this thread seems alive to me, your luck might be changing!

Tim

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Yea whats realy funny is that this thread is going LOL. I have had (least in my opinion) some great threads. I just posted this to get something off of my chest.

Thank you all for the tips. Keep posting more I love to learn!

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
What do you Mean "get something off your chest"

Maybe you should make an appointment with a dermatologist.

Now theres' a thread title. "get something off your chest"

Everyone has "something on their chest"

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Meh... I would worry about it that much. I start plenty of threads that get little or no response.
Sometimes it is about timing sometimes it is about the topic and sometimes people just don;t have anything to add. Just don't let it discourage you. Even if your threads don;t get tones of replies they still get read by many people.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Yeah, don't worry about it. Another thing, the longer you've been here, the more people that get to know you, and like you as a friend...then they will reply to your post. Look how many of you’re friends are here from the “Answer a question with a question thread” See what I mean?

Whoa Whaaa...those were some very catchy thread titles you suggested. If he uses any of them...people will be all over it, like flies on ****

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
Meh... I would worry about it that much. I start plenty of threads that get little or no response.
Sometimes it is about timing sometimes it is about the topic and sometimes people just don;t have anything to add. Just don't let it discourage you. Even if your threads don;t get tones of replies they still get read by many people.

Thanks I apreciate that,

Its funny I was expecting this one to die but its turning out to be one of the more popular threads I have started LOL

I like to post things on ATS that are relevent (least I think) and add to the quality of the site. I sometimes slip up and put stuff in the wrong catigory or start a thread while others are going.

Thanks for the posts everyone its encouraging to read all of this.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   
WhatuKnow, I post some really good stuff, or at least I think it is..Do you know what the average for replies on my threads usually are? I'd say between 2-20... That's not much.

It's a problem that every poster runs into. Also, BTS doesn't get the traffic that ATS does, so, if you post here, you're not likely to get the response you would get over at ATS.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I wouldn't really worry about it. I start threads all the time, and more often than not I have very few, if any replies at all.
Do your posts have alot of VIEWS? If not, then it could just be your titles that need work.
Keep your chin up Pardner.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Well again id like to thank you all for posting. Its sad that a thread I made up complaining about my other threads would actualy take off and have some leggs. LOL

Im not going to be discouraged. Ill keep posting Ill just have to endevor to make them as good as I possibly can. There are a lot of realy intelegent people here at ATS so I am glad I am a member and I hope that I can keep contributing to the quality here.

I still laugh every time this thread in paticular gets a new post.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Doing my part here.

This is one thread that deserves to live.
It's alive.
Let it LIVE!

whaaa..Do you, or have you ever recieved any money, or compensations from
The National Enquirer?...You are THAT good!

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I doubt wether many of the threads ive started have received more than a few posts, not to worry, its the research that you do to make up your threads that is of the most benefit.
Ive learnt heaps of stuff that i may never have come across if i hadnt been looking for info for various threads.

Try starting a thread where you claim to have first hand ET experiences, sex with alien chicks, shopping trips to Uranus etc, these seem to go pretty well.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by mojo4sale
I doubt wether many of the threads ive started have received more than a few posts, not to worry, its the research that you do to make up your threads that is of the most benefit.
Ive learnt heaps of stuff that i may never have come across if i hadnt been looking for info for various threads.

Try starting a thread where you claim to have first hand ET experiences, sex with alien chicks, shopping trips to Uranus etc, these seem to go pretty well.

Unfortunatly I don't want to lie, I can only post things that;
1. Are realy funny.
2. Completely true.

Thats the only thing I want to post on here I can't say that I had contact with ETs because I havent. I have had ghost experiences. But I have covered those already.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

Unfortunatly I don't want to lie, I can only post things that;
1. Are realy funny.
2. Completely true.

Don't limit yourself. If you're looking for longevity and number of responses, you can just go controversial. Topics like, "Yes that tattoo does make your wife look fat", or "The Pope's a crossdresser", or "Hey evolutionist, get a clue before you're struck dead".

See, you don't have to lie or be funny, you just need to strike that chord that elicits a visceral response.

(Ok, the Pope being a crossdresser is a lie. Maybe.)

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt

whaaa..Do you, or have you ever recieved any money, or compensations from
The National Enquirer?...You are THAT good!

Bless your heart spacedoubt.....you noticed.....

Actually I write comedy sketches for my band as part of our stage show using the premises I make up here from time to time.

I am greatly influenced by the humor of "Bob and Ray" and Jonathan Winters. These are some funny men that deserve to have their brand of comedy kept alive. Check em out!!!

how bout wats my brother.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright

(Ok, the Pope being a crossdresser is a lie. Maybe.)

Depends on what you consider crossdressing, afterall doesnt he wear a mumu?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join