It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it possible to believe in GOD & ALIENS and be taken seriously

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I was thinking the same thing! I do beleive in aliens and God! but my mom says that aliens are just a trick of the Devil. ALIENS ARE TO CUTE TO BE EVIL!!!!

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I beleive in both a God and aliens. I think there is a higher entity who created it all and we and the aliens are all his creations. There are probably thousands of other races out in the entire galaxy. There have been a few priests that have admited the same theory.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 01:43 AM
link   
From a more analytic perspective, there is no evidence at this time that logic exists anywhere else in the universe, aside from the brains of a hirsute and malodorous species still struggling to survive on planet Earth. Would it be reasonable to assume, then, given that logic is such an apparently rare commodity, that the great bulk of the universe is comprised of illogic?

I think we can agree that, due to our isolation, we're entirely human-centric in our notions of how Nature (and God) functions. We anthropomorphize everything, from serene celestial bodies to articulate animals, from wicked weather patterns to that stern, bearded old gent sitting on his throne up in the clouds somewhere. We humans think that our intelligence, philosophy, art, religion and science somehow permeate and define the entire universe...and the universe's creator, as well.

I'm reminded of that pompous line that Pavel Chekov delivers to a Klingon in Star Trek VI: "We do believe that all planets have a sovereign claim to inalienable human rights!" Spoken like a true Earthling.

And we may be right in believing that, because we are products of this universe, we can be reasonably certain that the universe is at least as intelligent and self-aware as we are. At least. But we also know that humans are crazy, self-destructive, conniving and deceitful — is the universe, then, at least as corrupt as we are? And is God at least as illogical as we are? Oh, at the very least, I think.

Could God be infinitely forgetful? Why not? Could God hurl handfuls of Life into a newly created void, shout, "Grow, grow, grow!" and then turn its attention to something else entirely for several billion years without giving the seedlings another thought? Sure, it sounds like an exciting prospect, actually: An entire universe of Life left to its own devices, with myriad species all vying for domination of each other until one finally emerges and faces God on its own terms. Perhaps God is trying to grow another God — maybe God needs an opponent.

Maybe God already has an opponent. Maybe God needs backup.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 1/31/2007 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   
One of the main reason i started this thread was;

Can you be taken seriously? YES i know between the ufo community you can believe in god and be taken seriously. BUT in the real world where you get ridiculed for anything that isn't kosher, THATS where my questions is aimed at.

For example lets say one of the future candidates for president seriously says he believes in god and aliens and goes into all this talk like we do here with facts and pictures and imagines and what not. How far do you really think he'd get, Honestly? i think Ross perot would get more votes than him or her.

We can be here amongs ourselves and pick it apart all day, BUT we at this forum (I think most of us anyways) are on the same page with our believes. But in the real world this is like national enquirer to some people.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by whos_out_there
Is it possible to believe in GOD & ALIENS and be taken seriously

Sure. I believe in both. I don't know if I am taken seriously, but I believe in both. So does my husband. We are both well educated and rather conservative Catholics.

But I understand what you are saying. People tend to group into either the God side or the Alien side and they make fun of people in the other group.

And thats exactly part of my thinking too and one of the reason i wrote this thread. And if you think differently then you labeled. Which i personally i don't give two craps about. hehee.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Can you be taken seriously?

Can you prove God exists?

Can you prove Aliens exist?

No. Therefore, one will only take you seriously if they believe the same thing as you

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Read Singularity by David Sereda

After 12 months of solid research I tend to lean in David Sereda's direction.

I have a copy and will gladly send to anyone interested.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chicagofreedomfighter
Read Singularity by David Sereda

After 12 months of solid research I tend to lean in David Sereda's direction.

I have a copy and will gladly send to anyone interested.

I think his stuff is great. I can sit and watch it anytime. But it still leaves alot of unanswered question. (just add it to the other million questions out there)

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by whos_out_there
One of the main reason i started this thread was;

Can you be taken seriously? YES i know between the ufo community you can believe in god and be taken seriously. BUT in the real world where you get ridiculed for anything that isn't kosher, THATS where my questions is aimed at.

It's funny you say that. The concept of a sky fairy creating a person out of thin air isn't looked at as ridiculous in society, but the thought of advanced intelligent beings from other planets is. Ironic isn't it?

Anyway to answer your question, today the UFO/ET topic isn't as obscure as it once was. At least 50% of the population believes that there may be other life in the universe.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

Perhaps God is intrinsically distinct to connection and interconnected to separation. Perhaps God is the immeasurable absence that presently exists. Perhaps God is a void of green leaving behind yellow from an otherwise orange concoction. Perhaps God speaks silently. Perhaps God walks motionless. Perhaps God turns on the dark to see what was in the light. Perhaps God becomes the scent so that God can smell God's selflessness, and in the aftermath of exhalation metamorphs into evaporable atoms so that God may later drink God's self after God has participated in precipitating from the cycle of forming chemical and molecular precipitates. Perhaps syntactical opposites acknowledge our ability to ill reveal that we truly over sit our under standing. Maybe we're walking down side streets of center walks and it's all just a silly min(e)d-illusion, part of reality's optical sensory de-lusion. Maybe the creation of everything destroys nothing and the apparition of nothing destroys everything. Perchance logic is illogical and has made illogic logically sound. Perhaps redundance is perpetual, thus a stagnantly natural scheme of existence.

I think God is Everything and Nothing, existing and not existing of this physical and non-physical realm of the regionless.

That's my 0 sense and sense of 0.

Perhaps if you don't believe in God then God is alien to you, thus formulating the belief in God and aliens simultaneously, butt in the end... crotch in the beginning.

[edit on 19-10-2007 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Indellkoffer

THEN there is another angle that suggest that the earth has pretty much been through the same cycle for billions of years. What I mean by that is, that there was at one time and actually plenty of times a life like our own and even more tech. advanced, that has been wiped out for one reason or another.
Hi Indell, Actually there is quite a lot of anomalous physical evidences of human like life on this planet before us. These include gold chains, pots and pans inside veins of coal. Human dolls in 130,000 year old sediments in the midwest US, human footprints (sole, heal and stitchmarks) in slate deposits, a pick axe imbeded in solid rock in Texas hundres of thousands of years old, and... the Giza pirimids do not look at all like they were made by ancient Egyptians!! I'm convinced about all of these and they are but the tip of the iceberg so to speak! It is simply not PC to talk of these things not that they don't exist!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join