It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it possible to believe in GOD & ALIENS and be taken seriously

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by whos_out_there

Originally posted by ThreeNF
For the record, I am Raelian and do not believe in "God", an all powerful being that created everything out of nothing. I truly believe that we are the product of scientific creation

So if we are a product of scientific creation then where are our creators? If they were so smart to make us, then why weren't they smart enough to leave us some history or were we humans gone wrong, or a experiment. Or did we go nuts and kill our creators when we found out they were human just like us. Yes i know it can go on and on.

If you're truly interested in what I believe, then I suggest starting here

www.intelligentdesignbook.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I don't belive there is any paradox in beliveing both God and Aliens in fact I belive that God is actually a hive pyramidal heirarchy of aliens.

See my post here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   

I understand what your getting at and i agree. BUT (hehee) if thats the case when do they meet paths, at some point they must. Even if for a micro second. And if so some of these stories floating around must have some truth in them.

whos_out_there- Hello there. What do you mean by "when do they meet paths?" If you are referring to GOD and Aliens then I have already answered your question.

Nothing needs to necessarily "meet paths" to accomdate human thought or culture. It is human thought and culture which must find truth.

Doc Velocity- Hello there. You seem to be mocking our own monkey intelligence and telling me that "IF" and "THEN" statements are nonsense?

Simple. God doesn't know you exist. God goes blissfully about its business of creating and destroying universes without ever getting very personal with its creations. See, it's up to us to signal to God that we even exist.

Then you go on to make the perplexing statement that God created us but is unaware of us... even though it created us? Sorry I'm just not following your logic.

I have defined GOD by the criteria provided by my fellow monkeys. "God is all-powerful and everywhere." That is pretty widely accepted by religious types and philosophers. What I'm saying is that you are God (quite literally). Everyone and everything is because of the definition of GOD. I'm also offering a reason for it being this way. I guess you could say that my religious views are such that I view GOD as a concept or law.

Why would GOD do anything? If GOD thinks "I'm going to destroy this universe and then create this one" then you imply time. GOD has no present or past by very definition. GOD just is. To say "God thought x,y,z" is completely fallible because again you're implying time. I think of GOD like this:

THE LAW OF GOD

I am God. By the law of myself, I must exist. To exist means to experience and have purpose. I experience myself in an infinite amount of ways.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   
i belive angels are "aliens" who use high technology... so yes, there are many who believe this.

as for the being taken seriously part, who cares?

id rather try to find the truth, and even if everyone else thought i was wack on my search for it...

i think that in looking into creation there is a certain ingrained symetry for everything.

think about it...

"aliens" (good and evil) were created with full knowledge of the universe and were perfect at creation. some fell into sin (evil ones) before humans were even created according to the bible.

man is created in ignorance and in an imperfect state, through Jesus sacrafice and God's grace we can be perfected.

the perfect mirror image of the ancient angels or "aliens"
a final way for God too prove to satan how wrong he is.

maybe mankind is a final test in a showdown between God and Satan (which is why satan was waiting in the garden of eden to corrupt us as soon as possible)
who knows how long the battle has raged before God created us.

there could be a very big gap between genesis 1:1 and 1:2

long story short i wish you the best in your search
maybe this website will help:

www.mt.net...

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   

One of my concerns is, can you believe in god And Aliens? Can you believe that god might have created aliens also, OR is it some kind of oxymoron to believe in both, (almost to the line of where did man come from adam or eve or monkeys, which is another mess in its self)

I think it is certainly possible to believe in extraterrestrials and God/Spirit. I alos grew up as a Christian in a very conservative Baptist home, and since I have started communicating with my extraterrestrial guide, my idea of God has changed drastically (for the better, in my opinion).

My idea of God is not the idea that is taught in mainline Christian churches. God is a Universal Spirit, and everything that exists is the manifestation of that Spirit. In other words, we are the thoughts of the Spirit in physical manifestation.

Extraterrestrials, humans, other animals, plants, and all inanimate objects are manifestations of Spirit and are therefore sacred. So, to answer your question, it is certainly possible to believe in both God and extraterrestrials, though your idea of God may change a bit from what you were taught in your Christian upbringing.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I believe in God and UFO's, but, I've pretty much disregarded religion.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 01:14 AM
link   
The bible talks about ufo, so yes, God and UFOs goes hand and hand.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Where in the Bible does it talk about UFOs?

I believe in God, but not aliens. I think UFOs exist so long as there are unidentified flying objects. I wouldn't think someone is not to be taken seriously about something just because the person believed in aliens. It would depend on the topic.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Lately as I research more and more about the history of earth and the universe for that matter, a lot of stuff makes me start to doubt what's true, what's been altered and what has been totally made-up.

Like for starters (for me anyways) if there is life else where, and I do believe that there is, then where does god fit in all of this or does he even exists?

I personally have trouble trying to piece the pieces together. Mainly because I was raised as a christian. Of course in church they don't mention ufo's or aliens as part of the bigger picture or mention that there is ANYTHING out there, ONLY god and the stars.

So after putting that aside so I can be more open about this (which I have been for a long time, but still believe in god).

I will tell you, one of the only things that actually brings me some serenity, is the fact that I have no idea how God works. I believe in Him, but I give up on trying to figure out how things all tie together.

The universe is an enormous place, especially if you also start trying to keep an account of activity in other dimensions, (which, essentially, is what you are doing when you think about God). It makes me happy that I can't figure things out. Because, if a lowly, disgruntled, beer-drinking, imperfect human could figure out God's plans, or past deeds, or how he runs His store, that would make him a not-so-smart-God.

Then, I would be scared.

On the day that I decide to go out in my yard, and explain how I pay my bills to an ant hill, I will also expect God to tell me why the Grays have no genitalia.

Until then, it's ok that I don't understand how, or why God and aliens can exist at the same time.

There are a lot of scientists that say the Big Bang, (if it occurred), could not have happened without the interference of a conscious entity. I know that I do not believe any biological entities that are crashing flying saucers in the desert, were able to go back and start the Big Bang.

Thus, I choose God as the Party Host. Or, "a" God. All other stuff, including our beliefs, and our visitors, are non-consequential.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scramjet76
Doc Velocity- Hello there. You seem to be mocking our own monkey intelligence and telling me that "IF" and "THEN" statements are nonsense? Then you go on to make the perplexing statement that God created us but is unaware of us... even though it created us? Sorry I'm just not following your logic.

Yes, it seems you completely missed the point of my post. There is no logic to God. It's typical human narcissism for us to exclaim How can God NOT know we exist?? Easy. We haven't evolved into anything worthy of God's notice. Why should God even care about the myriad byproducts of creation, unless one of those byproducts evolves into something approaching godhood?

I have defined GOD by the criteria provided by my fellow monkeys... If GOD thinks "I'm going to destroy this universe and then create this one" then you imply time. GOD has no present or past by very definition. GOD just is. To say "God thought x,y,z" is completely fallible because again you're implying time.

And, again, you're attempting to limit God's existence to some sort of archaic Basic programming: IF this, THEN that... And I'm saying that God exists and operates in ways that, frankly, we can't even begin to logically grasp. This universe, our universe, may be but the contents of a single disk in God's infinite CD collection.

Pick up a CD, any CD, and look at the recorded side -- What do you see? Nothing intelligible. Yet, you're looking at both the beginning and end of the CD and everything that transpires in-between. You're looking at an entire world, an entire universe, with its own Time and Space, with its own past, present and future encapsulated within a flat little nondescript disk. You glance briefly at this entire universe and then discard it in favor of another. I'm not saying that this analogy in any way accurately describes God's perception of our universe, but it's ONE scenario that we can grasp.

I think of GOD like this: THE LAW OF GOD I am God. By the law of myself, I must exist. To exist means to experience and have purpose. I experience myself in an infinite amount of ways.

Laws imply limits. It's an equally valid argument to say that God has an infinite lack of purpose, no need to sense or experience anything, and is blissfully unaware of the infinitude of universes and life forms that it deposits in its passing. This doesn't detract from God's mystery. A God that cannot be defined and obeys no human logic is the ultimate mystery, and mystery is what existence is all about, IMHO.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 1/29/2007 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Sure. I believe in both. I don't know if I am taken seriously, but I believe in both. So does my husband. We are both well educated and rather conservative Catholics.

But I understand what you are saying. People tend to group into either the God side or the Alien side and they make fun of people in the other group.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

But I understand what you are saying. People tend to group into either the God side or the Alien side and they make fun of people in the other group.

And that's the part that is wrong. I can't prove that aliens exist anymore than someone can prove to me that God exists. However, our purpose is the same - The truth and peace
So I don't understand why we need to make fun of each other.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   

My first thought was:
If i met aliens who believed in God would i take them seriously?

On a more serious note:
If a person does believe in both GOD and Aliens how much of the world's history must be ignored or disregarded in order to not be taken seriously?

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
That its possible that god created more than just Earth and the Milky way. Just because I believe in god, and the church doesn't believe in the possibility of aliens, doesn't mean I have to. The Vatican is always trying to tell us in black or whitness that they know all when they don't. Just like I don't believe all the ways that they say a person is going straight to hell. I think it comes down to good things, and evil things a persons soul is measured. But you are always going to run into people who will only believe what is interpretted for them in the bible. There are always going to be sheep who are easy to lead. I'm a wolf in sheeps clothing by the way.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Indeed, you often see that many folks divide into the "either/or" camp ("Alien vs God"...wait, this could be a new movie title! Anyone have Sigourney Weaver's phone #? haha)
As for myself, my faith in God is firm and unshakable. Nothing that could ever happen to me on this rock we call Earth will ever make me question my faith, EVER. This includes aliens/UFOs. In fact, if/when they DO unmistakably arrive on the scene, it will merely reaffirm and strengthen my faith if anything. Who's to say God didn't create some other form of fantastic life outside our little world? I would look on with the same amazement I do when looking at ALL of God's creations. But what's most important to me is this: I CANNOT BE TOO DISTRACTED FROM THE WORK AT HAND (i.e., doing God's Will for me) by Aliens, UFO's, Television, politics, Nintendo, or whatever. Deceit and misinformation/disinformation, whatever you wanna call it, are some of the Devil's most effective tools. In this age of fear and paranoia, the arrival of UFOs or aliens will be distorted to make people question their faith, or more sadly, forget their faith all together in lieu of watching the evening news. Jesus Christ Himself said that these signs in the sky must happen, and will continue to happen, but we must not be terrified or distracted FROM THE TASK AT HAND: Loving your creator in all humility, and loving your neighbor as yourself.
There's my 3 cents worth (you heard me right: THREE CENTS!! I'm feeling a little more generous than my usual 2 cents today, haha)

eyes2see

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I think we humans take ourselves entirely too seriously. Period.

No joke, if there are extraterrestrial intelligences visiting Earth, they probably think of us as annoying varmints, like raccoons and possums, rummaging around in the garbage cans in the middle of the night. Except that this analogy is an insult to raccoons and possums.

I've never thought of humans as particularly intelligent, much less "superior" to anything else in Nature — on the contrary, I think that our lowbrow intelligence and narcissism isolate us from understanding our own world. And that goes triple for our Scientific minority.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   

I believe we were genetically engineere d by aliens

ok then who made the aliens?

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jessicamsa
Where in the Bible does it talk about UFOs?

I believe in God, but not aliens. I think UFOs exist so long as there are unidentified flying objects. I wouldn't think someone is not to be taken seriously about something just because the person believed in aliens. It would depend on the topic.

where in the bible does it talk about ufos? try from the front of the book to the back of it.

this is my post from the first page of this thread. come on people...read....

The ultimate goal is world domination by global corporate financial powers (the beast) and social monitoring, with the resulting threat of planetary devastation, and eventual destruction. The ultimate eradication of all known life will be stayed only by the intervention of those beings flying in our skies, as evidenced in the writings of the world's ancient cultures. One of those ancient writings is the King James Bible

External Source

The purpose of this work is to present proof that the UFOs in our modern skies have been flying in those skies for the entirety of world history. The beings controlling these high tech flying vehicles are not "aliens", in the sense that they are visitors to this world, but in fact the same beings that terra formed / created the biosphere we inhabit. Human beings have recorded the presence of these beings since the dawn of time, and are more closely related to them than has been revealed by the true powers in control of the information, which forms the mainstream view of this concept.

This work does not attempt to prove God is an alien; it presents ample evidence and simple logic that the Gods have been mistaken for an alien race. We present this evidence to show mankind that there are forces on this planet, which have reason to condition mankind into believing the Earth is
under threat of an alien invasion. Those forces are now manipulating mankind into a warlike and defensive posture, which will soon be refocused from the current planetary terrorist threat to an “extraterrestrial” terrorist threat, an invasion from space. The result is all humanity will unite against the returning fleet of the Christ returning to Earth to capture, and imprison those evil forces plaguing the planet. Mankind is being recruited to arm itself with massive planetary, and space based weapons to fight against a destructive alien invasion, which will actually be the returning Christ they claim to worship, and expect to save the world.

The Greatest Deception is that mankind has been falsely led to believe that the Gods could pose a threat to the very race they created. And as the deception grows the true enemy is destroying the planet's environment, and the wealth, diversity, and social structure of all global civilizations through monetary, and social control in every aspect of life. The ultimate goal is world domination by global corporate financial powers and social monitoring, with the resulting threat of planetary devastation, and eventual destruction. The ultimate eradication of all known life will be stayed only by the intervention of those beings flying in our skies, as evidenced in the writings of the world's ancient cultures. One of those ancient writings is the King James Bible, a work that could just as easily be called, "The Ultimate Guide To UFOs And Their Occupants"

www.bibleufo.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   
DV-

Yes, it seems you completely missed the point of my post. There is no logic to God. It's typical human narcissism for us to exclaim How can God NOT know we exist?? Easy. We haven't evolved into anything worthy of God's notice. Why should God even care about the myriad byproducts of creation, unless one of those byproducts evolves into something approaching godhood?

Actually I didn't miss the point of your post
You're saying that "there is no logic to GOD," while the next keystroke you describe GOD as a massively powerful entity/consciousness/whatever-- yet unaware of it's creations.

It seems to me that by the definitions--omnipotent and omniscient (again widely accepted in philosophical and religious circles) that GOD would have to be aware of us.

And I'm saying that God exists and operates in ways that, frankly, we can't even begin to logically grasp.

I've never disagreed with that. What I'm saying is I can logically grasp one way in which GOD operates. Again, by the definition of GOD, everyone and everything in this universe has to be part of GOD. And I can logically grasp alot of things about this reality.

You can't have more than one GOD. As soon as you throw God#2 into the mix you have to wonder which GOD is greater? Which GOD came first? Etc. That can send your brain into a paradoxical tailspin. I accept that IF GOD exists then there is only one GOD. The fact that my brain identifies "many different things around me" doesn't mean squat to me. Because by definition there is only one.

Pick up a CD, any CD, and look at the recorded side

I actually like your analogy. I really do. I would however submit that this "superpowerful CD collector" falls within the confines of my LAW OF GOD. Simply just another manifestation of GOD. Another way for GOD to interact with itself. Another way of GOD experiencing itself. Another form of purpose.

Laws imply limits. It's an equally valid argument to say that God has an infinite lack of purpose, no need to sense or experience anything, and is blissfully unaware of the infinitude of universes and life forms that it deposits in its passing. This doesn't detract from God's mystery. A God that cannot be defined and obeys no human logic is the ultimate mystery, and mystery is what existence is all about, IMHO.

Nice. You're right. I'm implying limits which seems to contradict the whole omnipotent-omniscient thing. GOD has to be limited in some way otherwise GOD starts to slide down the slippery slope of paradox canyon. I.E. Can GOD create a stone so heavy that not even GOD can lift it?

To avoid getting into an endless philosophical debate, I submit that behind everything that is, there has to be something fundamental. So I'm saying that the most fundamental thing is THE LAW OF GOD. It's true... my monkey brain doesn't have the ability to grasp certain concepts. So I have to do the best I can.

I certainly like the way you think, however if you had infinite bliss then why create and destroy universes? Is universal creation-destruction a by-product of infinite bliss?

Again, I'm saying by definition everything (no matter how infinite or finite) is GOD. I do not believe that GOD is some infinite blissful "something" and one day decided to create "this other thing" (our universe). That would imply two seperate things (GOD and the universe). I'm saying that GOD is the whole. Being that GOD is the whole, you don't get creation by addition... rather creation comes from subtraction. Like when you combine all the colors into one you get white. The white is the whole. But when the white light hits a prism you get all these wonderful colors through subtraction. This subtraction process leaves plenty of room for the existence of dumb monkeys and superpowerful cd collectors (and disgarders).

I agree with you.. mystery is a cool aspect of reality. It's the source of all true art and science like Einstein said.
Even if you and I were to agree on a definition of GOD there would still be plenty of mystery. There is no shortage of mystery in this world. You say mystery is "what it's all about." That's cool, I'll roll with it! Building on that... if you were everywhere and knew everything then there would be no mystery. A perfect reason for the ONE dividing itself into many.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnny bravo

I believe we were genetically engineere d by aliens

ok then who made the aliens?

Read the book that can be obtained via the link I posted earlier.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join