It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will you do?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   
What will you do, personally when Iran is bombed with nukes, with a death toll of over 3 millions, CIA analysis, then the nuclear weapon program is proved as a hoax, AGAIN? Even if it's not proved as a hoax, the use of nukes, isn't a step humanity want to look forward.

The second use of nukes against a non-nuclear armed country, by the US again. Will you say nothing? Will you do anything you can to impeach Bush and bring him to justice?

I would like to know what the citizens of the US, if they still have a taste of what their country is and represents to the world, intend to do when their ``leader`` commit one of the greatest crime in history? (aside from his over 800 others crimes) What will the US people do to repay their debt to humanity for their lack of action?

(Not trying to bash the US, just trying to know what the US people intends to do if such a crime occurs so it can NEVER happen again)

P.S. I have faith in you, don't disappoint humanity

(I will be called an anti-american for those who will not understand the point i'm trying to make here)

As Che Gevera said, the last battle of humanity against the oppression will take place in the US. People of the world are backing you so you can end the domestics ennemies of humanity that are residing in the US.

[edit on 28-1-2007 by Vitchilo]

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I would shrug my shoulders and say SO WHAT!

What is the deal with Arab nations flaunting power they may or may not have. If they say they have WMD's, or don't want to disprove it themselves, why do we have to disprove it?

The statements of the Iranian President are already enough to bomb these people back to the Stone age. I think we are just biding our time to get the Iraq situation under control, then Iran is toast.

I can't wait!

[edit on 28-1-2007 by RRconservative]

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
I would shrug my shoulders and say SO WHAT!

What is the deal with Arab nations flaunting power they may or may not have. If they say they have WMD's, or don't want to disprove it themselves, why do we have to disprove it?

IRAN, is doing the exact opposite of saddam in that regard
they're saying
"HEY, look at us, our nuclear program isn't for the development of weapons"

and also, anyone from america shouldn't really talking about flaunting power...

The statements of the Iranian President are already enough to bomb these people back to the Stone age. I think we are just biding our time to get the Iraq situation under control, then Iran is toast.

so, you don't support freedom of speech
hm
that's sad
a world leader should be allowed to say what they want, just like any other person
the only people that should be allowed to protest to what he's saying are the people of iran (and the recent election in iran showed us that they are)
when he starts acting on horrible things he says, we can do something

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   
An interesting thread, Vitchilo.

I think this is not just a question for Americans but for us all.

What would I do....Be very sad that again a country has had to suffer an atomic bomb and ensure that my elected representives know how concerned I am.

Weak I know. Take direct action against the country that launched the attack

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
oh, i forgot to give my answer

well, i think that i'd call for the impeachment of the president of the united states of america
either that or i'd move to canada

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
I would like to know what the citizens of the US, if they still have a taste of what their country is and represents to the world, intend to do when their ``leader`` commit one of the greatest crime in history? (aside from his over 800 others crimes) What will the US people do to repay their debt to humanity for their lack of action?

I think the question is IF this were to occur and not WHEN. Bush may be posturing towards some sort of an intervention with Iran. That doesn't mean we are going to launch a nuclear weapon into the Middle East. There may be issues with the current administration but I think they're well aware the US population, and indeed the world, would not take well to the instigator of a nuclear war.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Does anyone remember the Cuba Missle Crisis?

The Soviet Union viewed the United States and JFK as weak. This was after the botched "Bay of Pigs" debacle. After the operation the Soviet Union moved nuclear weapons into Cuba thinking the US wouldn't do anything. Well they were wrong!

JFK stepped up and so did the citizens of the United States of America.

We can only be pushed so far. JFK knew it then, and I am sure Bush knows it now. If Iran keeps threatening us, and we do nothing about it, we will be viewed as weak to the rest of the world, and all that does is invites trouble.

Remember 9/11? After 8 years of Clinton, we were definately viewed as weak. That led directly to the attacks of 9/11. Don't think we want to in that vunerable situation again.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
Remember 9/11? After 8 years of Clinton, we were definately viewed as weak. That led directly to the attacks of 9/11. Don't think we want to in that vunerable situation again.

ohhhh
so you're blaming 9/11 on clinton
you've already failed

and you compared iran to the soviet union
why is it that the right wants to compare disjointed groups to a unified nation?

iran is not a threat to the united states
iraq was not a threat to the united states
if we, as you said, reduce iran to a stone age nation (which, ironically, the type of speech you think is enough reason to attack iran in such a manner), we'll be viewed as a dozen times more villanous than the soviet union

the world has changed
cold war ideas no longer fit into the world

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
]

ohhhh
so you're blaming 9/11 on clinton
you've already failed

and you compared iran to the soviet union
why is it that the right wants to compare disjointed groups to a unified nation?

iran is not a threat to the united states
iraq was not a threat to the united states
if we, as you said, reduce iran to a stone age nation (which, ironically, the type of speech you think is enough reason to attack iran in such a manner), we'll be viewed as a dozen times more villanous than the soviet union

the world has changed
cold war ideas no longer fit into the world

If Clinton didn't have anything to do with 9/11, then why did he send Sandy Berg(l)er to steal documents out of the National Archives? hmmmm!

We can ignore history, but there is an old saying "History repeats itself."

So instead of ignoring history, learn from it!

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Ok, so RRConservative, you're that kind of people who believe in the non-existant paradigm between democrats and republicans. And that everything is the fault of Clinton or that kind of crap?

Wake up. You're not a conservative if you support Bush. Bush is a globalist. Wake up. North American Union. Globalist. Amero. Globalist. Amnesty for illegal immigrants. Globalist. Patriot Act. Fascist. Iraq. Globalist. Afghanistan. Globalist.

I presume you believe there was WMDs in Iraq? Or that Ben Laden did 9/11? Or that Bush didn't said that America was just an idea? Or that Bush didn't said Ben Laden wasn't important? Or that it's conservative to build FEMA camps? Or it's conservative to existing government funded roads to private corporations? Or that Cheney wasn't a director at the CFR?

Seriously, you're a troll. So get out of my thread, warmongerer, humanity don't need people like you.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I do know that Democrats want defeat in Iraq. They have no plan to win. Their only plan is how to withdraw gracefully.

Once again, if Clinton had nothing to do with 9/11, then what was Sandy Berg(l)er doing in the National Archives stealing documents pertaining to 9/11? This is the biggest conspiracy going, yet no one is talking about it.

I believe in 1 World Superpower. That Superpower should be the United States of America!

There are many nations in the world that want a weakened America. When America is weak, bad things happen. You can either ignore history, or you can learn from it.

Call me a troll, call me a war-monger, but one thing you can't call me is a terrorist-sympathizer.

I am in this thread to stay! Sorry but your call for a group rendition of Cumbaya, will be ignored by me.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I have an answer to your question, Vitchilo.

First, I will work to organize the people of the United States in an effort to invoke the promises of our Declaration of Independence in order to shake off the government that had done as you described.

Second, we would hold a constitutional convention.

Third, we would invite the heads of state of every nation which has any relations with the United States, be it economic, military, diplomatic, etc to the signing ceremony of our new constitution, at which the following message would be delivered.

Friends, allies, apathetic by-standers, lend me your ears,

The new American government would like to recognize your long-standing support and cooperation in so many matters, and extend to you an offer of continued friendship and mutual prosperity.

For this proposition to succeed in this new age however, there must be certain changes. We did not relieve ourselves of the evil men who thrust the necessity of this new constitution upon us only to continue down the low road with you, their partners in crime.

For too long, we Americans lacked the moral courage to act, as have you. We have now acted. You have not.

You, bearing the weapons which render you equal to any foe, opposed our former rulers only with hollow words. You cannot avail yourselves of any argument of force majeur while you possessed nuclear weapons as well. We consider you complicit in their actions.

Being not even willing to forego a share of the bloodmoney from the crimes you have so long charged but never endeavored to bring to prosecution, you have shown your true colors all too well.

If you are not kindred to the warmongers upon whom we have only recently visited justice, and do not deserve our next attention; if you will have our friendship now, you will not have it cheaply. With us you will never again sow war against any nation, great or small, nor stand idle while another does so. You will be poor before you steal, and you will be dead before you lie you still.

There will be no more backing of barbarians who destablize nations and preempt the growth of local economies, just so that you might have tea and coffee grown cheaply by plutocrats who refuse to grow wheat for their people.

There will be no more cheap purchase on the backs of the innocent; you will not buy from those who make their people little more than slaves.

There will be no more building of nations to do so through the sale of arms or strategic weaponry.

If you do these things, or tollerate them anywhere, we will meet you there, and you will never be that unhappy again, so long as you live.

From now on, you're going to live up to your words of the past decades, because so unfortunately for you hypocrites, we have just begun to do so.

Of course that's all hypothetical. Until that hypothetical situation comes to pass, I wouldn't denounce the good ol' boys, especially in such pretentious language.

I'm just making the point that it's not as if America is the heart of a dark empire in the midst of a pure and innocent world. If we are so reviled, why does everybody come to our parties?

A little more realistically than my little speil up above, here's what I propose. We'd like to slap some sense into our government, but we're gonna need some help. So you guys slap some sense into your governments and get them to put their foot down so that more Americans will wake up and smell what they're marching through. Maybe then we can fix things up.

The all talk, no action, hollier than thou bit just ain't getting us anywhere, which is a shame because although i don't see America as the root of all evil, I certainly agree that we need to start conducting ourselves differently in the world, so as to actually solve the problems that we are justified in working on, and so as not to create new problems under false pretexts promoted by corrupt politicians.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Vagabond for president
or whatever the chief executive office would be under the newly formed constittuion!

though, this time we've got to get less vague with our wording

anyway
RR
do you think iran has every right to bomb you for your statements in support of bombing iran?
or is ther a double standard here?

[edit on 1/29/07 by madnessinmysoul]

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I will cry in remorse and be ashamed of my country for killing millions of innocent civilians within a few minutes. I will also say that this is not what we need in the world for us to move forward progress wise. For one, it will only spread further anger against the United States amongst the relatives of the dead. We do not need to settle everything by force. Apparently, this administration is to stubborn to sit down and talk out differences with the enemy.

To those of who lived through the Cold War years. Why did the United States and Russia never engage in all out nuclear war when they had many a chances? The reason why the United States and the Soviets never exchanged nuclear salvos was because of the M.A.D. view on what would happen to both nations. M.A.D. ensured that both the United States and the Soviets would incure the same amount of destruction. That is why we never fought the Russians because millions, if not hundreds of millions, on both sides would have perished.

This administration and the people who want the war with Iran should really look into why we shouldn't go to war with Iran. If we were to go to war with Iran, there would be retribution against the United States but not from the Russians. Imagine the hell of 9-11 only multiplied by one hundred. At least one U.S. city a week, if not more, would be hit by a terrorist attack.

What I will do is call for the impeachment, removal, and military tribunals of the Commander In Chief and the Vice President. Legally, they have no right to attack a country that has not even shot a single bullet at us on the mainland nor at our ships in the Persian Gulf. What if Vit is right and the Iranians are just 'talking the talk' but not walking the walk. What if what the Iranians have been saying is true and that they only want nuclear technology for power generation?

Do we really want to kill millions of innocent civilians in order to destroy Iranian nuclear facilities?

Think deep down inside for a while and you may have an answer.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
Vagabond for president

Absolutely. The 2007 Above Politics campaign begins in a couple of days and I'll be your sometimes combative, often humorous, constantly verbose voice of reason.

though, this time we've got to get less vague with our wording

There will be no commas in our new constitution. We may pass amendments to add them after we fix the education system, but out of an abundance of caution we will avoid dependent clauses and other such complexities in the first draft.

do you think iran has every right to bomb you for your statements in support of bombing iran?
or is ther a double standard here?

America only kills people to liberate them. Iran does it so that we will rot in hell. Big difference.

I know it's a cheesey joke. The problem is that there are people in high places who believe it. Sooner or later, we're going to have to figure out some way to really live up to our legacy as one of the key leaders in the international community by building a clear and unshakeable consensus on how to get out in front of these things before they reach the point where war is so likely.

I've said it before and I'll said it again, a platoon of Marines on shore leave could have handled Hitler very early on in the 30s. A decade later, it took the better portion of the modern armies on this planet several years to deal with him.
The osstensible goal of the UN was to get out in front of these problems while a minimum of force provided adequate incentive for the other side to accept a diplomatic sollution.

That's not happening, and it might be 50 years from now or it might be 250 years from now, but there will be another major war between great powers because of it, as well as a whole lot of small wars, mostly consisting of the US (or perhaps eventually China) beating the everloving snot out of some 3rd world upstart for farting upwind.

The only way we'll ever get around this is if America can just cool its heels for at least a year or two, just long enough to sit down with its allies and get on the same page by an objective standard of how we're going to bargain from a position of strength before problems grow, and then move that plan into the UN eventually for universal application.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   
The Vagabond with a few others ATS member for the US government for sure. The real americans would love it, and surely, the entire world.

RRConservative, I will not put you on my ignore list, because your comments are funny of ignorance and hatred.

And I know for a fact that the majority of americans hate their government actions, and they are great human beings. I don't ask you to cry if that happens, but to act. You will have all the support of the world. America was the world hero until the US government was hijacked by some criminals and the world would like to see America back on track.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   
One more thing I'd like to add in response to GimmeFootball's post.

I do not believe that the fear of retaliation should be the restraining force on America's policy.

If Iran represented an imminent threat, we would have to engage them diplomatically and bring pressure to bear on them that would remove the threat. If that failed, we would then have to prepare to defend ourselves.

If Iran is not am imminent threat to us, but rather a nuissance, or a hinderance to international stability, etc, then we have no business going to war with them except if exercising a mandate of the United Nations to counter a threat to peace.

If we determine when to act based on the consequences to us, we are cowards. We can't say, "we can't mess with Iran no matter what they do because we're afraid of terrorists". We can't say "we can do whatever we want to Iran because their terrorists wouldn't get through".

We must not let ourselves be reduced either to cowardice or to barbarism. We will fight if we have to, and we will do it very, very well. We will make peace whenever conscionable, and we must learn to do that equally well.

I'm not afraid of Iran trying to destroy us; they'll fail. I'm afraid that one of these days our government will deserve to be destroyed. We need control of this country back, and we need it soon. The checks upon it have steadily erroded for decades, to the point that now there appears to be some question as to whether or not Bush has to abide by the War Powers Resolution (referring to his claim to be the "decider" on the troop surge), and the excesses will only grow if we evaluate it in such self-centered terms as "what are the odds that I'll pay for my government's actions due to retaliation".

new topics

top topics

join