It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racism on the war on terror forum.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Hello, I have recently made many threads on the war on terror forum only to have gotten them ignored and have them passed. Such threads were related to the new president coming to power or the threat that Iran places upon Israel and the one about Iraq not being such a bordun (SP?) on all of us. Someone, please tell me what I have been doing to offend such trolls that think that our country of the United States is the cause of all problems, and this has happened to me more than once. IS that why some of my threads there are getting ignored?

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 08:37 AM
link   
The issue of "racism" on Above Top Secret has been one that has been discussed extensively. At one time I made a stand when I thought that all immigrants were taking a very bad rap for the actions of many illegals. The line that we are forced to walk is very thin. The line between appropriate and inappropriate is very thin, somethings to thin to see.

But what your speaking of is nothing of the sort.

This is a discussion board where we commute to converse over issues. If I create a thread which does not garner a response, why would I possibly take that personal? Are people saying, "To hell with that thread! chissler created that!"...? Or do they simply find the thread of no interest?

To label a forum "racist" because your threads are not garnering a response, well that is a serious "prejudgment" in itself.

Rather than pointing the finger, try harder when creating a thread. Try remaining neutral in the subject so you will catch the attention of both sides. Maybe present both sides of the argument in the opening post so other members can set the thread off in motion. As it progresses, jump in with your own opinion. Sometimes we can inundate others with our opinion in an opening post which is going to result in two things. Either we are lashed out at by those who oppose us, or we are ignored.

This is not racism. You are presuming that we know what race you are. I do not know your gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, or anything else about you. I only know your member name. You stand alone on that merit.

Sorry, but I disagree completely that you've been the victim of racism.

You know what I dont get? - 10 Replies
The democrats should talk some sense into bush - 6 Replies
has al-queda succeeded with their terrorist plot for x-mas eve yet? - 2 Replies

It could be so much worse. Try giving this thread a read. It may help.

Creating A Great Title For Your Thread

[edit on 28-1-2007 by chissler]

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Huh I have been. I made a topic saying that we should nuke North Korea and Iran and the anti-americans said that they want to nuke Las Angeles. So, and since then people have been ignoring my topics on that board. Is that bad karma? I guess. But can I discuss the war on terror from an american point of view without the thread getting ignored?

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maverickhunter
I made a topic saying that we should nuke North Korea and Iran and the anti-americans said that they want to nuke Las Angeles.

How it is any more "right" to nuke North Korea and Iran? If you create a thread with a radical idea like that, you are opening the door to be scrutinized. Maybe you could of created a thread that proposed the idea of action against the two nations. Nothing radical, just merely posing the question of action. Remove "we should" and insert "should we". Remove "nuke them" and insert "take action". I think you would notice a bit of a difference.

"We Should Nuke Them!"
"Should We Take Action?"

See what I mean?

And yes you can discuss the subject from an American point of view. But do not presume that your opinion is what that every American shares. Rather than discussing it from an American point of view, discuss it from your point of view.

[edit on 28-1-2007 by chissler]

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I read some of your posts and they are incoherent and hard to understand. So I probably wouldn't respond, if I didn't really know what you are actually trying to say.

As for calling people anti-American, heed Washington's warning:

George Washington warns against foreign influence in domestic affairs and American meddling in European affairs. He warns against bitter partisanship in domestic politics and called for men to move beyond partisanship and serve the common good. He called for an America wholly free of foreign attachments, as the United States must concentrate only on American interests.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Oh yeah, about the "my posts being incoherent" most of my posts were incoherent because I couldnt see what I typed let alone what my responses were to those posts because I have 2/20 vision and it's really terrible because I cant see what people say sometimes, so you have to understand that this may have gotten in the way of me being coherent before. I am working on it, and I just got contacts recently, so be more patient with me. I know you have been talking about my past account the one I had before this one and with that account I know you have seen very little coherent posts from me, but let alone, I have been practicing that, and I apologize to the board for not realizing that I need contacts. I have a vision problem. And if that's what you are referring to, yes, when I dont have my contacts on, my posts can be very incoherent.

-basically when I have my contacts on I can concentrate and when I dont I sound incoherent and I really dont know what I am talking about.

[edit on 28-1-2007 by Maverickhunter]

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   
your threads should be offered up for the entertainment and education of ATS , without strings attached . there is no obligation to reply . we reply , because we want to , not because you demand it .

playing the racism card , just because people do not reply to your damed threads is a cheap shot which belittles the REAL racism that millions have to endure 24/7 .

get over it and move on !

PS - please heed the remarks made by others in this thread - i will not comment on your writing style or such - as mine leves so much to be desired

but when a member like " REGENMACHER " condems your threads as " incoherent " i advizse you to take heed

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   
okay Ignorant_ape. >_>. So, I understand completely. So the thing is that I am afraid to post there and get replies because of what happened before. I probably should have entitled my thread differently.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   
If your threads aren't garnering responses, there's really not much that can be done, other than to try to improve the quality of your threads.

basically when I have my contacts on I can concentrate and when I dont I sound incoherent and I really dont know what I am talking about.

I would work on making concise, to the point, posts that offer up something for other members to discuss then.

Also, if you are using Internet Explorer 7 (the current version of IE anyway), you can 'magnify' the text in your browser, there is a little thing to the lower right hand corner that is a magnifying glass and each time you tap it you can increase the magnification, or click the 'down arrowhead' to go directly to a higher magnification'.

You can also have windows set in general to magnify stuff on the screen. You want to go to the start button, then go to the control panel and select somethign called 'accessibility options', and then you will have a set of options to help make it easier for you to read the screen, whether in a browser window or just on your desktop in general

[edit on 28-1-2007 by Nygdan]

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maverickhunter
I have 2/20 vision and it's really terrible because I cant see what people say sometimes, so you have to understand that this may have gotten in the way of me being coherent before. I am working on it, and I just got contacts recently, so be more patient with me.

I hope the lenses workout maybe they will go some way to help you see the big picture.

Alot has been covered on this site, hard to think of a subject that hasn't.

You have to bring something new to the subject and and try to remain objective. Even if you do have strong opinions, convey them without prejudice and the responses will roll in.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

You can also have windows set in general to magnify stuff on the screen. You want to go to the start button, then go to the control panel and select somethign called 'accessibility options', and then you will have a set of options to help make it easier for you to read the screen, whether in a browser window or just on your desktop in general

Yeah, I see what you're saying but I have mozilla firefox II here and I think that you can easily get the text enlarged by pressing ctrl+mousewheel and enarge it bigger or smaller. I hope that the contacts help me see the bigger picture too. >_>. thx.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Hy Maverickhunter

If you go to your start button down on the left of you screen, then go to "All programs", then to "Accessories", then to "Accessibilities", you will see "Accessibility Wizard" for vision and sound, this will allow you to change the size of what you see on the screen.
Or you can use the "Magnifier" that is listed in the same accessibilities folder

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   
ctrl-c and mousewheel?

Neat, it works in IE too! I just tried it now! Cool, thanks!

You should definitly give the control panel options a shot too, that'll work for everything on your screen.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
That's awesome Nygdan. I know that my posts seemed really incoherent before and yes, the ctrl+mousewheel trick SHOULD work with every browser. I just made a post in the war on terror forum. I hope this one doesn't turn out to be one of my old-incoherent posts.

new topics

top topics

join