It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Boils Water With Bare Hands

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 05:13 AM
link   
yes , we know many exothermic reactions are vigourous and libertate hazardous fumes

BUT

many more do not

claiming that it could not be an exothermic chemical reaction , just because the one exaple you cite [ a strong acid and strong base ] produces a toxic gas

is a dishonest strawman

the crystalisation of a sodium acetate solution is both highly exothermic and relativly safe , at least inso far there are no by toxic by products or vapours

do not leap to assume that the aluminium is a reageant , it could very well be a barrier layer - keeping reagants sperate untill the guy is ready

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by shrunkensimon

These sorts of techniques and drawing energy through the body (chakras) is not something anyone can just "learn" to do, it takes a complete shift in mind, and to be frank, the majority of Americans/Brits would NEVER be able to achieve these feats, simply because they are far to ingrained in the current conditioning, and braking free would proberly shatter their minds completely.

I think you may have completely missed the point of my statement, it was illustrative, not directional. Based on your comment above I am assuming that I am that ingrained that I would never question the claims of others. Just trot along rabbit eyes fixed on the governments brainwashing spot lights?

Please, I question most things because I like to understand - I have read an awfull lot on this subject and as yet, I have not seen or experienced anything I can quantify as unquestionable. That is the case with many things from Governement statements to whether we evolved or got planted on this egg shell covered ball of fire.

It does not mean I deny them, I personally just need to base my own beliefs on experiences I can prove to myself - in my opinion I dont think that makes me a 'Mindless Thinker' - thats just tit-for-tat name calling, which to me is something that doesn't require much thinking.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by shrunkensimon

With great power comes great responsibility. Even more can be achieved than what the man demonstrated..

eerrrrr ........ since when has appearing on " ripleys believe it or not " been a demostration of the responsible use of alledged powers ?

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Talk about responsibility!

Ape, I expected better of you! I specifically said that it wasn't a good idea to talk about chemicals in this application and you go and blurt out a science experiment!

Come on Dude! Kids are reading this! With your intelligence you could easily have gotten around the mention of various chemicals.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   
regardless this isn't a thread about chemicals..

a healthy discussion portraying the possibility is fine, but I would rather go over a number of possibilities, like Qigong/Chi and other phenomenon, please..

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 05:08 AM
link   
The video ain't no longer available on Youtube or Googlevideo.
Has anyone a link to download it elsewhere.
Thanks!

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I think deal in realities.

Just because some bloke says he met a bloke on the other side of the world who could shoot sparks from his solar plexus, ring piece or whatever doesn't make it a fact.

I have heard many claims made by people and usually they were drunk, high or hypnotised at the time.

All the Chi, Qi Kong, Kung Fu and all the other "mysterious powers" that the Chinese etc possessed didn't stop the Japs, their tanks and bikes from invading China, Manchuria etc.

All that wonderful control of mind and chi didn't stop the Jap Officers from cutting people in two with one swipe of their swords. Why? Because Swords exist and the delusional control of Chi doesn't.

I think it significant the video has been taken off Youtube. People were getting to close to the truth perhaps? Perhaps Pen and Tellar worked it out

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join