It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

here comes a storm snowlovers!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   
This winter has been very tough to forecast. just when you think there will be a storm... BAM!!!..... it either is rain or out to sea. next friday the ohio valley into michigan have a shot at over a foot of snow... yes I said a foot. I will post my first call maps in a couple days. As I can look at a few more runs to see if all stays the same

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 07:11 AM
link   
The Northern Rockies and Plains aquifers could really use the snow, although it looks like the next couple of weeks may be the last hurray for a normal winter, as temps are forecasted to return to above normal in 2-4 weeks.

Cold Air Diving Across The East Accuweather

AccuWeather.com, however, is closely monitoring the possibility of a more significant snowstorm developing as this next workweek comes to a close. If a storm trekking away from the Southwest connects with the leading edge of another shot of arctic air, a plowable snow could fall from the central Plains to the Great Lakes around Friday. On the warm side of the storm, a soaking rain may pour down across the Southeastern states.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

[edit on 28-1-2007 by Regenmacher]

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 07:25 AM
link   
South West Michigan has had about 8" of lake effect since midnight and it's pretty much a whiteout righ now. It's lake effect but I guess it's still snow and lots of it. So much for going out today.

mikell

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   
yea ur lucky.... lol calling for 12 - 16 total for you my man

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Nearly 4 in the afternoon and were well over a foot of the white stuff. The wind is supposed to pick up so it could get realy ugly. was going to the cornor pub to watch the wings but it's closed like just about everything else here.

mikell

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
We haven't had any snow here and my 10 year old is really bummed out. Hope you are right and that next weekend brings a good storm. The weekend is good - that means I won't have to drive in it and she can play in it.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Well it looks like we about 14-16" and it's coming down hard AGAIN!!!! No snowplow down my street yet It's going to be a long day tomorrow.

mikell

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I am posting weather maps on here, but I will have much more on my blog... I am buying one. so come see it for updated forecasts all the time

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Hmm I got 2.5 inches of snow today which got me a delayed opening in school. Im wondering is there anything further to expect for the central NJ area?

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Here we go!!!! BLIZZARD warnings for the next 48 hours in south west Michigan and northern Indiana. It's pretty much a white out right now with over 2' on the ground before it started.

mikell

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Not Ohio man. Sorry, 3rd time wrong.

We where told we would get a storm alright. We got.... .25 inches.

Man. I better get my shovel ready and go do the sidewalks.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 01:57 AM
link   
We were supposed to get some rain/snow and stuff the other day. It was terrible. A few flakes of snow, and that was it.

I'm bummed out too. I'm in my 30s and I still love to see snow.

Now, we seem to get rain and ice more than anything. When I was younger we had good snow storms. Now, we might get a little snow, but it's shortly ruined by rain and sleet.

Troy

new topics

top topics

join