It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

March On Washington D.C. With Hanoi Jane & Other Celebrities

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   
A march on Washington D.C. to pull out of Iraq now, the protesters are demanding that Congress pull us out of Iraq and bring our troops home safe. Jane "Hanoi Jane" Fonda spoke up in an Anti-War rally in Washington D.C. On top of this, a 12 year old girl stood on her tip toes and said "Now we know our leaders either lied to us or hid the truth. Because of our actions, the rest of the world sees us as a bully and a liar."

apnews.myway.com
By CALVIN WOODWARD and LARRY MARGASAK

WASHINGTON (AP) - Convinced this is their moment, tens of thousands marched Saturday in an anti-war demonstration linking military families, ordinary people and an icon of the Vietnam protest movement in a spirited call to get out of Iraq.

Celebrities, a half-dozen lawmakers and protesters from distant states rallied in the capital under a sunny sky, seizing an opportunity to press their cause with a Congress restive on the war and a country that has turned against the conflict. Marching with them was Jane Fonda, in what she said was her first anti-war demonstration in 34 years. "Silence is no longer an option," Fonda said to cheers from the stage on the National Mall. The actress once derided as "Hanoi Jane" by conservatives for her stance on Vietnam said she had held back from activism so as not to be a distraction for the Iraq anti-war movement, but needed to speak out now.

The rally on the Mall unfolded peacefully, although about 300 protesters tried to rush the Capitol, running up the grassy lawn to the front of the building. Police on motorcycles tried to stop them, scuffling with some and barricading entrances. Protesters chanted "Our Congress" as their numbers grew and police faced off against them. Demonstrators later joined the masses marching from the Mall, around Capitol Hill and back

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The citizens are finally pissed off at George W Bush and Congress for lieing to us about the Weapons of Mass Destruction in Iraq, not believing we need a reason to be over there. The only thing I see as negative here, in that this was an "Anti-War" protest and not a "Peace Rally" drawing negative attention to this conflict through the negative energy of the universe.

This should be reflecting on the positive and reflecting on the postive, or peace which is what we want for our soldiers, for Iraq, and conflict in the World in general. Believing in the soldiers but not the politicians right before the next election of 2008 may actually be enough pressure to make a change in our future. My only question is why did this take so long to happen?

[edit on 27-1-2007 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

[edit on 27-1-2007 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Did anyone actually read this post or view it? I guess this one was a flop.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Well, I read it.

It seems to me that on these MOST important of issues...the media is, of course, silent...and the majority of regular folks just don't know quite what to say.

Especially because the media is currently governed mostly by the hyped-up confusion in the primaries...and the whole subject of war (as valid) and Al Qaeda (as a real threat somehow rooted or HQ'd in Iraq) is CRUCIAL to the pointless discussion which the candidates are engaging in.

I think the powers-that-be are holding their breath hoping to get through these last few months just like all along.

join