It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia: Hizb ut-Tahrir

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
In Australia the NSW Government has asked the Federal Government to ban the Muslim group Hizb ut-Tahrir because of its anti-democratic & anti-Semitic views.

www.news.com.au..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Link

It also reads that several European and Middle Eastern countries have already ban this group.

mod edit: title clariy

[edit on 28-1-2007 by sanctum]

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Cannot access your link, yesterday or today.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Here's a different link, Ruddock refuses to ban Islamic group.

Federal Attorney-General Phillip Ruddock has rejected calls to ban the controversial Islamic group, Hizb ut Tahrir, which has been holding a conference in south-west Sydney today.

The meeting focused on the creation of an Islamic state somewhere in the world, with full Sharia law.

New South Wales Premier Morris Iemma says Australia should follow the lead of Europe and parts of the Middle East in banning the group.

But Mr Ruddock says there is insufficient evidence to proscribe Hizb ut Tahrir as a terrorist organisation.

sanc

[edit on 28-1-2007 by sanctum]

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Do you know why Phillip Ruddock refuses to ban this group given all the evidence of the groups history, their policies, thier contacts overseas and their main ideology of inciting each and every muslim to rise up and fight to overthrow all governments and creat a Muslim Caliphate from Malaysia to Morocco?

I'll tell you why?

Because at the end of this year there is a Federal Election and what better way to campaign to win than to take a leaf out of Bush's Book and "creat" a muslim threat in Australia, and use fear to gain support for dictatorial security policies and to win the election on the back of this.

Mark my words here, each and every Aussie ATS'er - this groups notoriety will rise throughout this year, gaining support and the media will flare it up, to the point that there will be "an event", either a racially motivated attack or a simulated terrorist action albeit small but none the less making an impact and the government shall ride this wave of anger and fear and take out the next election on false pretences -

JUST LIKE EACH AND EVERY OTHER ELECTION THAT THEY HAVE CAMPAIGNED IN THE LAST 10 YEARS!

What makes you think that this one will be any different. How many lies has this government spewed out only to be proven wrong afterwoods and yet they remain in Canberra.....why?

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Unusual that ruddock is blocking the banning of the group.
I always found it wierd that they put it on prime time news, i mean... everyone i knew had never heard of this group, until they came on TV and pronounced it was banned worldwide for finaticism, yet it was holding a meeting in Syd that was going to be blocked by government.

But, I dont think they are going to 'allow' or 'instigate' an attack IN Australia, from muslim extremists.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Agit8dchop,

They might not allow or instigate an attack in Australia, but you can sure bet they will use this group aswell as the rest of the muslim community as ammunition to fire up racist and anti muslim sentiment in the community.

It's not going to take much here, alot of people are fed up with their failure to integrate successfully into the community and it wouldnt take much I beleive to get the community against them en masse.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 05:33 AM
link   
In relation to my previous comments to allow this radical islamic group to preach here, for as I beleive it will benefit the government leading up to this years election - may I add the following bit of information to this discussion;

do you Australians here remember the case a few years back, horrendous and heinous as it was of the 2 muslim youths who instigated a gang rape of an Australian Anglo-Saxon girl by them and their 14 accomplices repeatedly over several hours?

The very same incident that stupid sheik said the accused were victimised because they were muslim?

Well, they are actually in production at the moment of making a film about the incident, which i am not either for or against the making of it.

www.news.com.au...

What I am trying to convey here is that I am finding it abit too difficult to undertsand how it cannot be a coincidene that all this anti-islamic fervour is starting to be pushed by the media.

Dont get me wrong, I am totally against any sort of radicalism, and comments by Sheik Hillaly and the like, but just think about it for a second -

1 - this group Hizb ut Tahrir isnt getting banned for their comments

2 - the making of the 'muslims rape the aussie girl' movie is being made, most likely with a end of year release

3 - you can bet all the fundamentalist islamic leaders will be out commenting about the movie upon its release, surely inciting more hatred against them

4 - you can also bet a very heightened sense of tension near muslim populated areas as confrontation between australians and muslims gets pushed to the brink of escalation

as much as I am upset myself at ignorance of the australian way of life by the islamic community (not all but the majority), aswell as the lack of integration by them when all other cultures that have come here have assimilated, I cannot and will not stand for the eroding of our liberties and freedoms by the implementation of laws that are hastily forced through parliament to shut up and/or remove these individuals by people blinded by hate, and supported by people blinded by hate and anger, when the very same laws can and probably be used against the rest of us given the chance.

I hope you understand

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Right on Melb Militia ....

The government once again playing the religion/race/culture card to perpetuate the lies.

As for making a movie about the gang rape incident involving 14 muslim men and their leader Bilal Skaf, I think it is appalling as it will only fuel the hatred of Muslims in this country.

I do not think it will be a useful tool to warn about the consequences of rape, in fact, this movie will only be a constant reminder for the victim and others of the trauma of a rape committed as a race crime.

It will not mend any bridges and will only keep old wounds open.

I would like to see a national day of protest in this country whereby we down tools and just gather en masse and take back this country and send a clear message that radical extremists preaching violence against non Muslims will not be tolerated nor welcomed here.

I believe decent Muslims who want to live, work and play along side the rest of us deserve the chance to get on with it.

If reports are correct then many of them are fed up with the extremists as well..that's a plus

peace always

new topics

top topics

join