It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Search / Aliens / UFO / Abductions / Does Not Bring Up ATS? It Used To!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I've sent a U2U to Simon Gray about this. No response, but to be fair the board was really busy today.

A few weeks ago if you googled "Aliens", "UFOs" or "Abductions" ATS would be in the top 5 of the google search list, well not anymore, ATS is not listed.

But, if you google "conspiracies" ATS is in the top 5 just as they used to be with UFOs & Aliens.

Is ATS shifting its focus? Are UFOs and aliens old news? Is it now conspiracies only? What's the story? What is the plan for ATS?

STM

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I don't think it's ATS that's shifting focus,it could be that people are shifting focus when using the Google search.Those same people might not be members of ATS,or maybe not enough people know about ATS yet.

[edit on 28-1-2007 by tormentor]

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Thanks for the U2U. I did a bit of searching around in Google and all the "key" search phrases that bring us up doesn't seem to have changed so I don't think there is any issues.

From my recollection, ATS has never held top position rankings for "aliens", "UFOs" or "abductions" search keys. Anyone else notice any changes?

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimonGray
Anyone else notice any changes?

It was "conspiracy" that brought me to ATS many days ago. I've checked and all is well. ATS comes up in the first few listings for the term.

"9/11 Conspiracy" has ATS coming up on the first page.
"War On Terrorism Discussion" ATS is the very first listing

I've searched for a few other terms with limited success. It seems that Conspiracies, 9/11, and the War on Terror are the biggest players in Google recruitments.

[edit on 28-1-2007 by chissler]

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   
ATS as a growing resource for researchers should endeavor to hold top levels on as many search engines as possible. The library aspect of this site is one of the reasons I joined knowing that once posted my input was on the record, tagged for searches and discussed there was no reason to post it again elsewhere, others with an interest could easily find it and perhaps add to it.

I admit, I don't know anything about the ranking policies of google or yahoo etc, though it would seem that it has in fact changed ATS's rankings just recently in regards to aliens, UFOs, and abductions. Or, perhaps our tagging method has a glitch? Individual threads from ATS used to show up on the list, there were several from the A & U forum, mine included, but no longer. Instead it is mostly sites with the word "alien" or "UFO" in the site name. Isn't the tagging system on ATS supposed to be available to the search engines?

Thanks

STM

EDIT: To clarify

[edit on 28-1-2007 by seentoomuch]

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by seentoomuch
ATS as a growing resource for researchers should endeavor to hold top levels on as many search engines as possible.

And we most certainly do! ATS is extremely Google-optimised, and this is no understatement.

A quick search through the topics started in this forum by SkepticOverlord discussing the site will show you as much.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonGray
A quick search through the topics started in this forum by SkepticOverlord discussing the site will show you as much.

This is very true.

I've started alot of threads in ATSNN, and during the discussion on the topic went to Google to search for more info on the subject and was surprised, a number of times, to find the thread I started on ATSNN on the first or second page of my Google search on the topic.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I remember that I came to ATS after google searching for aliens, and then found a link to ATS from one of the top results. Of course that was about three years ago. But I think the issue of google not leading to us as much would probably be a matter of people not linking to us enough over other sites. I figure that we just don't have as good of material on UFO's and such compared to other sites, and our general conspiracy material is just flat out better than anything else out there.

top topics

join