It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Executive Order 12866

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   

www.atlanta-business-attorney.com..." border=0>

While you were sleeping (Bush took over the Government)

United States President stealthily took over the Federal Government last week through a new executive order last week that takes away all autonomy from Agencies, according to public interest organizations.

The order amends a series of previous executive orders that culminated in Executive Order No. 12,866, which the White House has used to give itself the power to review regulations before they can be officially published in the Federal Register.

The new order applies the review power not just to regulations but also to what it calls “significant guidance documents.”

More...

In case you thought Bush's attention was all on the Middle East, think again!

Here's the actual order:

Executive Order: Further Amendment to Executive Order 12866 on Regulatory Planning and Review

I'm in the process of reading this now....

To some, this may appear benign. But I think this move, coupled with others he has recently made, is pretty serious.

With less than two years left for this adminstration, what is Bush thinking? What's the real aim here?

[edit on 27-1-2007 by loam]

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
There's an ATSNN article on this as well.

But this is pretty scary. I thought there were laws to prevent something like this from happening?
I think it's pretty amazing how such an innocuous looking action can have such a great effect. I guess we just have to hope the blogosphere picks up on this and the info gets around. It will be interesting to see how the major news networks handle this story.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I've yet to read the articles on this,but from what I've read from the two topics about this on ATS,it seems Bush and Co. may be tightening the noose.

Either that,or they are desperately clutching at whatever powers they can get their hands on,in an attempt to keep their whole cabal from falling apart.

Whatever it is,from what I can tell.......It ain't good.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Since he lost control of the "rubber stamp" congress, now Dick Cheney wants him to consolidate executive power to grasp onto the wanning power of the presidency! These people value power over the public good!

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by mel1962
Since he lost control of the "rubber stamp" congress, now Dick Cheney wants him to consolidate executive power to grasp onto the wanning power of the presidency! These people value power over the public good!

Yea, ol' Dick has been trying to do this for decades - even back in the Vietnam War. He has always been a Vanguard of the "Power of The President"

With that said, some in congress are calling him 'delusional' .

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   
wow exciting times we live in

we could have used a rally saying impeach the president but who do you replace him with, surely u can not outsmart a hidden agenda that is two steps ahead of you, can you

most TELLING line that bush has uttered this year

it can be tempting to think that america can put aside the burdens of freedom

a disturbing line gingrich spoke concerning israel and the U.S " if two or three cities were destroyed (by terrorism) the two democracies may devolve into "greater dictatorial societies." foreshadowing of another attempt by the gov't to sacrifice more citizens to an agenda

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I think some in here are a little confused. If you have not done so already please take the time to read the Constitution of the United States of America. Or at least have a look over past legal history and precedents with regards to this topic.

As I posted on another thread...

It's basically an exercise of the Unitary Executive Theory. The constitution clearly states that "The executive Power shall be vested in a President of the United States of America...". As such some interpret this to mean (in conjunction with the "Take Care Clause") that the Presided has total control of the executive branch because in a nutshell, he is the executive!

As far as history goes it is not "new", hence not "unprecedented". The Supreme Court has never directly ruled on the issue but there have been several indirect rulings from past related topics. As such it is a an open ended legal debate. I don't believe by current laws Bush has done anything illegal because this deals with oversight and control of the executive branch. It therefore cannot be regulated and controlled by the congress or the courts. As long as the Presidents "faithfully executes" the laws how that comes to be is irrelevant. Congress cannot rule on it for the same reason the President cannot choose who sits in what congressional committee, separation of powers and therefore domain.

new topics

top topics

join